PDA

View Full Version : BSET Warranty Cost for 2010 RT

frank3
01-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Has anyone who has picked up their new RT, purchased the "Best" warranty from BRP. I purchased aftermarket coverage from dealer because I think I received poor information about "Best" cost and coverage. I think they quoted me something like $800+ and at least, left me to believe it only covered 1 year. If you have purchased "Best" for your new RT, let me know what it cost you. I don't think it's too late for me to go back to dealer and change to BRP package :helpsmilie:

frank3
01-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Sorry for the fat finger. Purchased the coverage due to vast electronic controls on RT. Still need help on cost of "Best".

frank3
01-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Sorry for the fat finger. Still want help with cost of "Best".

frank3
01-02-2010, 04:21 PM
I didn't purchase the B.E.S.T Warranty.

I did purchase another 3 yrs of an after marketwarranty (covers exactly the same as the B.E.S.T from my dealer) on top of the 2yrs of the Factory Warranty for $550.00 :thumbup:
Thanks for the feed back.
Do you remember what they quoted you for BRPs "Best"? AND what is the name of the extended warranty Company you did go with?

NancysToy
01-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Purchased 3 year BEST (total warranty 5 years) for $988. Same as we paid for the 2008 GS warranty. This is toward the high side, but less than some have paid after the fact. Mid $800s about the best price I have heard of for the RS warranty.

frank3
01-02-2010, 06:54 PM
I paid $1150 for 4 year, 0 deductable for a total of 6 years. Might just keep it. Looked them up "RPM One" and I think they are an OK outfit. Thanks Scotty for the info. Minus 7 this AM and forecast is -15 Friday and Saturday. My 65 year old bones are starting to crack.

glynnk
01-02-2010, 09:36 PM
$740 dollars; 3 additional years after the 2 year BRP warranty.

Glynnk

frank3
01-03-2010, 10:59 AM
I too have a total of 5 years on my warranty. They never gave me a BRP's Best quote, they said that this company is just as good and covers the same warranty. The only thing it did not include was Towing, which we are covered threw our Insurance Policy.

Do not know what company they went with, but I will find out for you:thumbup:
Mine covers towing but, if you read the fine print, it's limited to 25 miles. Very similar to std. AAA policy that I carry on all my cars. Upgraded AAA provides 150 mile I think. I plan to cover my RT under my AAA as well. Nice to have in emergency. and reasonable cost.

TicketBait
01-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Has anyone who has picked up their new RT, purchased the "Best" warranty from BRP. I purchased aftermarket coverage from dealer because I think I received poor information about "Best" cost and coverage. I think they quoted me something like $800+ and at least, left me to believe it only covered 1 year. If you have purchased "Best" for your new RT, let me know what it cost you. I don't think it's too late for me to go back to dealer and change to BRP package :helpsmilie:

I was quoted for upto 6 years 0 deductible $1000. I know it wasn't through BRP but will get name of Co. tomorrow. Would much prefer through manufacture if they offered for a longer period.

towing included but limited. As another poster said I have AAA upto 100 miles, they offer more but not gonna take it.

kp3
01-06-2010, 08:36 AM

I did purchase another 3 yrs of an aftermarket warranty (covers exactly the same as the B.E.S.T from my dealer) on top of the 2yrs of the Factory Warranty for $550.00, deductible is $25.00 :thumbup:

BumbleBee, have you provided the name of the aftermarket warranty company yet, did I miss the post? Only $550 with $25 deductible, what a great price for 3yrs on top of factory two! Is there a mileage limit? Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

docdoru
01-06-2010, 08:53 AM
BumbleBee, have you provided the name of the aftermarket warranty company yet, did I miss the post? Only $550 with $25 deductible, what a great price for 3yrs on top of factory two! Is there a mileage limit? Thanks in advance. :thumbup:
welcome

TicketBait
01-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Sorry for the fat finger. Purchased the coverage due to vast electronic controls on RT. Still need help on cost of "Best".

Sorry for the fat finger. Still want help with cost of "Best".

too funny, I was doing a google search for BSET and it kept asking me if I meant B.E.S.T., why not ask administrator to
fix title, some of us don't read all the posts .

I think i am gonna want the manufactures warranty, other companies probably offer the dealer a better
incentive than BRP. Ooops wait I just read this below from B.E.S.T. protection. Now I gotta find out if the
dealers does cover the accessories installed by the dealer, that is a major factor

took this from their online brochure;

The B.E.S.T. protection plan doesn’t saddle
participants with mileage, usage or time restrictions.
Our goal is to make sure you can depend on your
vehicle and get maximum enjoyment out of it.

Note: accessories, normal wear and maintenance items such as tires,
batteries, bulbs, filters and lubricants are not covered.

You only have to pay the first $50 of the total cost of covered components

If I order the CB and xm radio and garmin 660 these won't be covered :trike:

TicketBait
01-10-2010, 10:38 PM

I did purchase another 3 yrs of an aftermarket warranty (covers exactly the same as the B.E.S.T from my dealer) on top of the 2yrs of the Factory Warranty for $550.00, deductible is $25.00 :thumbup: through who?

Purchased 3 year BEST (total warranty 5 years) for $988. Same as we paid for the 2008 GS warranty. This is toward the high side, but less than some have paid after the fact. Mid $800s about the best price I have heard of for the RS warranty.

$740 dollars; 3 additional years after the 2 year BRP warranty.

Glynnk through who ? with what deductible $50?

please more people chime in

mine might be through McGraw Group motorcycle contracts (underwritten by western services ) dealer likes them for 4 additional years no ded. for $1000 and they offered BRP for 3 years with $50 ded for $1200 :yikes: I bet the dealership gets a better kick back on the former.;)

however BRP and them won't be covering any of the accessories outside of the first year :(

MouthPiece
01-14-2010, 08:08 PM
I purchased after market. Ran me $625.00 for three year extension. No deductible. BEST was a lot more.