PDA

View Full Version : Trailer rims

jima1153
01-02-2010, 02:12 PM
I noticed in the new trailer videos that the trailer rims are 4 bolt and the Spyder rims are 3 bolt pattern. No swapping or getting the wrong ones on. Just a fast fact for busy people.:yes:

WackyDan
01-03-2010, 01:12 AM
That sucks.... A trailer with the same wheels as the front + the ability to carry a spare means your only real tire risk is the rear.

Too bad BRP didn't really go custom on the trailers.

dave01
01-03-2010, 02:59 AM
That sucks.... A trailer with the same wheels as the front + the ability to carry a spare means your only real tire risk is the rear.

Too bad BRP didn't really go custom on the trailers.

That way BPR can sell more rims to people that want a front spare for thier Spyder.

NancysToy
01-03-2010, 07:14 AM
The trailer axle has to meet certain standards to be certified for the weight. Four lug wheels are the minimum. To make matching wheels, the Spyder itself would have had to be converted to four lugs. The offset of the wheels may be different, too, negating use as a spare. BRP did what it had to do.

dave01
01-03-2010, 08:33 AM
The trailer axle has to meet certain standards to be certified for the weight. Four lug wheels are the minimum. To make matching wheels, the Spyder itself would have had to be converted to four lugs. The offset of the wheels may be different, too, negating use as a spare. BRP did what it had to do.

I didnt think about the offset or trailer load stuff. But it would be nice to have matching rims to use as a spare.

NancysToy
01-03-2010, 08:52 AM
I didnt think about the offset or trailer load stuff. But it would be nice to have matching rims to use as a spare.
Ride-On.