PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to IMS in DC?

bone crusher
01-01-2010, 12:44 AM
Anyone going to the motorcycle show in DC in mid-January?

bone crusher
01-01-2010, 08:58 PM
I'll take it that from the lack of responses so far, nobody is going to the Int'l Motorcycle Show? This is the biggest one of the year and is in several cities...am going this year...apparently, this is the one you don't want to miss...was hoping a few Spyderlovers would be in DC for this but I guess not...there will be a Spyder booth there and one of the pics on the website for the show features a Spyder...very nice!

NancysToy
01-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Nancy and I are going to the Detroit (Novi) show tomorrow. No BRP booth. We may also take a tour bus to the Chicago (Rosemount) show in February. That's a bigger show. These northern shows have no demo rides or anything, though.

bikeguy
01-01-2010, 09:32 PM
I won't be going to the show in DC but I did go to the show in Dallas and thoroughly enjoyed the Spyder booth. Got to sit on a Spyder RT for the first time and got to look one over real well. The BRP reps were very nice but I think the nicest one there was the truck driver - very knowledgable, too. We could have taken a demo ride but there were just too many people there to wait on it.

It was a good show but it seems to get a little smaller every year. BMW, Triumph, Moto Guzzi, KTM, others were not there. I think the advertising value vs. the expense can't be justified in this economy. Then again, maybe another attendee I talked with had it right. He said there is no use in showing anything but cruisers in the Dallas, Texas market. He just may have it right. But the Spyder booth was well attended.

Cotton

moroccomole2004
01-01-2010, 10:16 PM
I was thinking about going but I have a wedding to attend in NJ that same weekend. I did get an email from Progressive, who cover my Spyder, offering $10 bucks off tickets to the show.

Mole :spyder2:

GA-SPYDER
01-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Will be going to the one in Greenville, SC next weekend with the Southern Cruisers. We've got about 15 bikes and several cages heading out from the Augusta, GA area. :thumbup:

hut1
01-02-2010, 12:14 AM
I'll take it that from the lack of responses so far, nobody is going to the Int'l Motorcycle Show? This is the biggest one of the year and is in several cities...am going this year...apparently, this is the one you don't want to miss...was hoping a few Spyderlovers would be in DC for this but I guess not...there will be a Spyder booth there and one of the pics on the website for the show features a Spyder...very nice!

I don't have my spyder yet, but I plan to attend the show in DC. I missed it the past couple of years, but I plan to go this year; probably on Saturday.

bone crusher
01-02-2010, 11:15 PM
I don't have my spyder yet, but I plan to attend the show in DC. I missed it the past couple of years, but I plan to go this year; probably on Saturday.

I should be there on Saturday for most of the day...lemme know if you (or anyone else reading this) is gonna be there...would be nice to meet some other Spyder owners...still not too many of us out there!