PDA

View Full Version : Honey, I'm Home!

NancysToy
12-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Picked up the RT-S at the dealer today. Minor adjustment needed on the trunk latch, but otherwise no problems. BTW, for the electric trunk latch to work, the engine must be running, and there appears to be a slight delay. Read your manual. Spent some time searching for the toolkit, which is attached to the underside of the right rear of the seat. Paint is a bit disappointing with some mild orange peel. This is common these days, even in high end cars, but it drives me nuts, especially on a black vehicle. Mine was far better than the demo unit, though. One irritant that I fail to understand. No license plate attachment hardware is provided. The RS comes with stainless screws, washers, flanged locknuts, and 3M Dual Locks. The $25,000 RT-S comes with absolutely nothing! Bad idea, BRP!!! Spring for a few bucks for some nice hardware. I promise you I will not buy it from you, just for spite.

No chance to ride, probably for weeks to come. Hard enough to load in the dealer's icy lot. Unloading on the snowpack at home was easier. Safely tucked in the garage, where it will quietly await some minor mods like Powerlets and a heated gear pigtail. I will also have to orient myself thoroughly with the many new features, set up the radio, etc. I may put on some mudflap lights ASAP, too. As soon as Magic Man has some of his new RT items, I will do some more. There is some neat stuff coming. I like the location of the new KewlMetal highway pegs, but I just don't see myself using them much. I am not used to riding with my feet out front, and it hurts my caboose.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=7231

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=7234

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=7235

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=7236

SpyderWolf
12-30-2009, 10:43 PM
:congrats: Scotty.

That is very interesting about the license plate mounting hardware not being included. Do you think it may have just been an oversight, or are none of them coming with it?

Dudley
12-30-2009, 10:46 PM
Congrats, you lucky dog. What a way to end the old and start the new. Happy New Year to you and Nancy and many happy Spyder miles on the new RT-S. Are you now a 2-Spyder family?
Thanks for the pics. Really great takes!

Hamie
:congrats:

SFC
:spyder2::chat::2excited::congrats:Looks good. I like your trailer also what make ect????? Il look forward to one.:2thumbs::coffee::yes:

AntelopeSpyder
12-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Scotty - Thinks for the pictures!!:2thumbs: and :congrats:.

SpyderGirl
12-30-2009, 11:02 PM
:clap: :congrats: :2thumbs:

NancysToy
12-30-2009, 11:09 PM
:congrats: Scotty.

That is very interesting about the license plate mounting hardware not being included. Do you think it may have just been an oversight, or are none of them coming with it?
The dealer's demo came without, too, and the parts fiche does not show them as it does for the RS.

Congrats, you lucky dog. What a way to end the old and start the new. Happy New Year to you and Nancy and many happy Spyder miles on the new RT-S. Are you now a 2-Spyder family?
Thanks for the pics. Really great takes!
Yes, we are a 2-Spyder family...as soon as Nancy's gets back from the dealer, where it is receiving the steering update, etc. Happy New Year to you and Jen, too.

Big Arm
12-30-2009, 11:21 PM
:clap: Congratulations Scotty :2thumbs: :clap:

superfly3
12-30-2009, 11:22 PM
:congrats::2thumbs:

northramp
12-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Scotty...
Congrats my friend.. Many miles of safe riding .....:ohyea::congrats::congrats::2thumbs:

BumbleBee
12-30-2009, 11:46 PM

Mine came in also, get to see it tomorrow, but it will then go in for a paint job right away :yes:

LDFIREWORKS
12-30-2009, 11:51 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::2thumbs::congrats:

glynnk
12-31-2009, 01:09 AM
Great pics! I agree with you though, how in the world do you produce a $25,000 bike without license plate hardware...what was BRP thinking?

Glynnk

bikeguy
12-31-2009, 02:01 AM
Congratulations, Scotty. That Timeless Black looks great against all that snow. Looks like a snug fit in the trailer, though. Have fun getting it ready for springtime.

Cotton

babyanlee
12-31-2009, 05:51 AM
:congrats: :spyder: Enjoy & Ryde Safe:yes::yes::yes:

NancysToy
12-31-2009, 07:44 AM

Mine came in also, get to see it tomorrow, but it will then go in for a paint job right away :yes:
:congrats: to you, too. You'll probably get to ride before I do, paint job and all.

Congratulations, Scotty. That Timeless Black looks great against all that snow. Looks like a snug fit in the trailer, though. Have fun getting it ready for springtime.
Not as snug as it looks. There would be lots of room if I had pulled out the cots and camp kitchen and stuff. We use the trailer as our bedroom when we hit the road. Trailer is 7x12.

TMehaffey
12-31-2009, 08:23 AM
Great pics Scotty! :congrats: and have fun setting it up.
The hard part is gonna be the wait for ryding weather:gaah:

MarkLawson
12-31-2009, 08:56 AM
Interesting about the license plate hardware. I rode mine home from the dealership yesterday & they put a paper (temp) tag on it. I guess they added the hardware, but I wouldn't have realized it didn't come from BRP if you hadn't have mentioned it.

Enjoy your new ride. I rode mine for an hour or two on my way home It's only 25 minutes if I go directly home, but had a few errands to run on the way. It was pretty cold, upper 30's, but I was impressed with how well the windshield kept the cold wind off me, while in the up most position.

Some Guy
12-31-2009, 09:35 AM
:congrats: Scotty!

I can't wait to see what you do to it. We'll have to get the local Spyder clan together again somewhere this summer! :D

Mike

Director
12-31-2009, 10:07 AM
Congratulations, Scotty! Looks great! :thumbup:

Now, we just need spring to come...

Bruce

dltang
12-31-2009, 10:08 AM
Congrats Scotty! Another two spyder family, way to go. Can't wait til we can all ride together.

Lamonster
12-31-2009, 10:08 AM
By the way plate hardware is usually provided by the dealer. My RS had those little reflector bolts. If it really bothered you that much I'm sure your dealer could have hooked you up.

DynamoBT
12-31-2009, 10:24 AM
:congrats:Scotty!! I can see that this is you: :ohyea::yes:

Spring can't come soon enough!!!

NancysToy
12-31-2009, 10:56 AM
:congrats: Scotty!

I can't wait to see what you do to it. We'll have to get the local Spyder clan together again somewhere this summer! :D

Mike
Not going to do much, just some power, ESI lighting, and a comm system...plus the trailer hitch.

Congrats Scotty! Another two spyder family, way to go. Can't wait til we can all ride together.
Michigan must be the hot spot for two Spyder families. See what you guys started? :D

By the way plate hardware is usually provided by the dealer. My RS had those little reflector bolts. If it really bothered you that much I'm sure your dealer could have hooked you up.
Dealer provided some cheap plastic bolts, under protest. No locknut provision for these, though. They will certainly not do. It isn't much compared to the $40 worth of hardware that comes standard with the RS. It's not that I can't fix it, it's just that a $25,000 machine should have at least the same frills as the cheaper machines. I do honestly believe that BRP has to start paying attention to details like this if they want to attract the BMW and Goldwing crowds...even if they offer such frills as options, like with Harleys.

FANG
12-31-2009, 11:27 AM
:congrats: Scotty! You look right at home on your new toy.:ohyea:

spy1166
12-31-2009, 12:46 PM
Nice looking Spyder :ani29: Congratulations and Happy New Year :joke:

8LEGS
12-31-2009, 01:01 PM
:congrats:. Looks like I need to make another trip to Michigan. It looks awesome.
:yes::yes::yes:

northramp
12-31-2009, 01:02 PM
That white stuff around your new toy has got to go........

Smylinacha
12-31-2009, 02:51 PM

tatt2r
12-31-2009, 03:17 PM
I'd tow it somewhere warm
congrats Scotty

ameobe
12-31-2009, 04:02 PM
:congrats: Scotty, Looks great.:2thumbs:

glynnk
12-31-2009, 04:44 PM
Got RT-S PE today and the dealer had the license plate hardware! Going out for more riding...Houston weather great today!!

Glynnk

TicketBait
12-31-2009, 05:04 PM
Picked up the RT-S at the dealer today. Minor adjustment needed on the trunk latch, but otherwise no problems. BTW, for the electric trunk latch to work, the engine must be running, and there appears to be a slight delay. Read your manual. Spent some time searching for the toolkit, which is attached to the underside of the right rear of the seat. Paint is a bit disappointing with some mild orange peel. This is common these days, even in high end cars, but it drives me nuts, especially on a black vehicle. Mine was far better than the demo unit, though. One irritant that I fail to understand. No license plate attachment hardware is provided. The RS comes with stainless screws, washers, flanged locknuts, and 3M Dual Locks. The $25,000 RT-S comes with absolutely nothing! Bad idea, BRP!!! Spring for a few bucks for some nice hardware. I promise you I will not buy it from you, just for spite.

No chance to ride, probably for weeks to come. Hard enough to load in the dealer's icy lot. Unloading on the snowpack at home was easier. Safely tucked in the garage, where it will quietly await some minor mods like Powerlets and a heated gear pigtail. I will also have to orient myself thoroughly with the many new features, set up the radio, etc. I may put on some mudflap lights ASAP, too. As soon as Magic Man has some of his new RT items, I will do some more. There is some neat stuff coming. I like the location of the new KewlMetal highway pegs, but I just don't see myself using them much. I am not used to riding with my feet out front, and it hurts my caboose.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=7231

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=7234

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=7235

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=7236 :congrats: did you get the ipod?, and great pics btw, did you use the heated grips taking her in the trailer:D

NancysToy
12-31-2009, 05:31 PM
:congrats: did you get the ipod?, and great pics btw, did you use the heated grips taking her in the trailer:D
Yes, I have the engraved iPod, and I loaded it, but will not get to cruise and hear the tunes through the sound system for a while. One tip, you have to load your songs on the iPod manually, since they loaded the photos and movies from another computer, and they will be erased if you just sync the iPod. No, I haven't tried the heated grips. :roflblack: They also included a rubber stick-on emblem with the same PE number for the trailer, even though I ordered no trailer. Kind of neat, you can get a trailer later and designate it as a PE...with the exact same number.

frank3
12-31-2009, 06:08 PM
Great news Scotty. Thanks for the pictures. Assume mine made it to KC dealer today but they ended their day early for the new year. I'll find out Tuesday When they reopen Unless they are open Saturday. :congrats: Again. dealer just called, RT at dealer. Assembly tomorrow, will pickup Tuesday when trailer is available.

Rando
12-31-2009, 06:45 PM
We'll have to get the local Spyder clan together again somewhere this summer!MikeNever too early to start planning. The heck with summer, lets plan on an early spring get together!

woodz428
12-31-2009, 08:06 PM
Congratulations, I know how aggravating little crap like license hardware can be when you purchase something in that price range. We have front plates in Illinois and my cousin bought a new Chrysler a couple years ago and it didn't come with a front license plate bracket...she had to buy one..from the dealer. I would have walked away from the deal.Even those cost cutting measures apparently couldn't keep them in the black. I'm sure that type of sales/service helps keep them in the red though:roflblack:

Trickie Dick
12-31-2009, 09:38 PM
:congrats: You look good on it. Looking forward to meeting you this summer.
Dick

james68
12-31-2009, 10:14 PM
I have been reading your posts for weeks now and foaming at the mouth! I am hoping to get my own RTS this spring! What is this about the new tax break for the spyder if you take delivery by yr end?

Also, I am in love with that black spyder! I am hoping to see the blue spyder at the international motorcycle show!

James68:

frank3
12-31-2009, 11:10 PM
The tax break is part of the economic package to boost the economy. Allows you to deduct sales (state & local) and excise tax on purchase of new auto or motorcycle during 2009. $25,000 bike with no trade and sales tax rate of 8% would allow you to deduct $2,000 from you taxable income. Great, huh. :clap: There has been talk about extending it ito 2010 but who knows.

Roaddog2
01-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Happy New Year What a way to ring it in:doorag:

tatt2r
01-01-2010, 11:04 AM
is the new RT yours scotty or nancy's :shemademe_smilie:

jeuchler
01-01-2010, 12:11 PM

Bruce

Congratulations, Scotty; Have a Happy New Decade with the toy! :thumbup:

(What are you talking about, Bruce? Scotty took my advice and already put studded snow tires on his new rig!)

jeuchler
01-01-2010, 12:13 PM

Ha!

tatt2r, we ALL know the answer to THAT question...:roflblack:

(Um--Gotta go. I have to go wax my lovely bride's Spyder...)

NancysToy
01-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Mine, (for now) she doesn't really seem interested in anything but the passenger seat. We'll see how that pans out. Her new knee doesn't bend as far as mine. I worry about that a bit. I expect I'll get very used to the RT-S......very quickly! If she takes it over, I may cry.

NancysToy
01-01-2010, 12:19 PM

Bruce

(What are you talking about, Bruce? Scotty took my advice and already put studded snow tires on his new rig!)
I'm sure I could rig snow chains or something, but all the stores around here seem to be out of salt repellent. :roflblack:

jeuchler
01-01-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm sure I could rig snow chains or something, but all the stores around here seem to be out of salt repellent. :roflblack:

Ha!

Any other old timers recollect when they used to "treat" roads by spreading ash?!

(Or, does anyone live where they still do??!)

http://i.pbase.com/o2/89/475089/1/52169531.LowSaltAreaAheadAmherstMA.jpg

Sarge707
01-01-2010, 01:22 PM
:congrats: Sad Part is Most of us still have 10-12 weeks of Winter left!!:gaah: More Snow This Weekend! :gaah:

Dwight
01-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Congrats Scotty,

That picture with you on the RT surrounded by snow could be me!! I have 81 miles on mine, all done on the ride home from the dealership the day it started snowing. Haven't been able to get it our since.:gaah:
When you get around to adding the hookup for the heated clothing please share it with us also. I need the connection for our Gerbrings.

Thanks
Dwight

james68
01-02-2010, 03:15 AM
[QUOTE=james68;169067]look like passenger rear some light is out. on youtube show temp. light is on at night congrats scotty love rts.

Wheeler~
01-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Congrats on the new RT-S. Nice trailer you hauled it home in too!

NancysToy
01-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Congrats on the new RT-S. Nice trailer you hauled it home in too!
The trailer is an R&R deluxe v-nose, 7'x12', single axle. All aluminum construction, factory paneled interior, rv door, extra tall. Empty weight about 1,200 pounds. It is our home after we unload the bikes, with a couple of cots and a porta-potty. It can haul up to four of my smaller bikes, or Nancy's Spyder and two bikes. Not sure if it will haul the RT and another bike, though, due to the width of the bags.

Jornie1
01-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Congrats Scotty.. WOW!! Nancy's new machine is fantastic. My other half had to have her own RT. Well, I wasn't going to ride behind her... so ..We are awaiting deliver of two RT's due in about two weeks. We can hardly wait. Totally phyched as the deliveries have begun. What is that white stuff all around your RT?? Jornie1

Firefly
01-04-2010, 02:39 AM

Now you'll have the best of both worlds---- both riding solo or 2-up !

BumbleBee
01-04-2010, 04:38 AM
Yes, I have the engraved iPod, and I loaded it, but will not get to cruise and hear the tunes through the sound system for a while. One tip, you have to load your songs on the iPod manually, since they loaded the photos and movies from another computer, and they will be erased if you just sync the iPod. No, I haven't tried the heated grips. :roflblack: They also included a rubber stick-on emblem with the same PE number for the trailer, even though I ordered no trailer. Kind of neat, you can get a trailer later and designate it as a PE...with the exact same number.

Did you find out the hard way? I already had sync mine, just checked, video is gone. Does BRP have a web site where we can download the video again?

NancysToy
01-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Did you find out the hard way? I already had sync mine, just checked, video is gone. Does BRP have a web site where we can download the video again?
I did not find out the hard way, as iTunes gave a warning...which I heeded, and did not sync. The videos and photos are the same ones that are on the Web site. You could readily download the photos from there, but the videos are imbedded with Flash, so I have not figured a way to copy or download them. I suspect they may also be available on YouTube, but that's hard to rob, too. They might also exist on the DVD, too. I have not had time to view it as yet.

Biggest problem I have is that after my download, the computer crashed while the iPod was attached, so iTunes no longer recognizes the iPod. If I reset it, I will lose everything. I backed up the iPod before I did anything, but the movies must have been protected, since they did not copy to the backup folder. None of this is really that big a deal, it is the same standard videos, and nothing really special.

dave01
01-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Nice Spyder. That trailer idea is great. Kinda like camping without worrying about the rain.

jnt
01-04-2010, 10:59 AM
:congrats: Scotty! Does look good in the snow!!:2thumbs:

BumbleBee
01-04-2010, 11:04 AM
I did not find out the hard way, as iTunes gave a warning...which I heeded, and did not sync. The videos and photos are the same ones that are on the Web site. You could readily download the photos from there, but the videos are imbedded with Flash, so I have not figured a way to copy or download them. I suspect they may also be available on YouTube, but that's hard to rob, too. They might also exist on the DVD, too. I have not had time to view it as yet.

Biggest problem I have is that after my download, the computer crashed while the iPod was attached, so iTunes no longer recognizes the iPod. If I reset it, I will lose everything. I backed up the iPod before I did anything, but the movies must have been protected, since they did not copy to the backup folder. None of this is really that big a deal, it is the same standard videos, and nothing really special.

Thanks for the info :2thumbs:

8LEGS
01-04-2010, 12:28 PM
I suspect they may also be available on YouTube, but that's hard to rob, too.

I download YouTube videos all the time. Just google YouTube downloader. Small program and works all the time for me. :thumbup:

NancysToy
01-04-2010, 12:46 PM
I download YouTube videos all the time. Just google YouTube downloader. Small program and works all the time for me. :thumbup:
Thanks, Tina. How the heck are ya?

NancysToy
01-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Just noticed the new title Lamont. Thanks for the promotion! :D

Cruisin Dave
01-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Scotty,
Congrats on your new RT-S! :thumbup:

We decided not to order one at this time. Going to do a few updates to the Boss trike and finish the project car. Maybe after those are done in a couple years.... :dontknow:

NancysToy
01-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Scotty,
Congrats on your new RT-S! :thumbup:

We decided not to order one at this time. Going to do a few updates to the Boss trike and finish the project car. Maybe after those are done in a couple years.... :dontknow:
If I had your Boss trike and the Valk, I would probably sit tight, too. The RT-S is my road trike, since the small one isn't legal, and the other Spyder is Nancy's. :D Hopefully we can meet up when the weather improves. I crave a road trip!