PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Service Manual

Silverwolf
12-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Hey all, I got my spyder back in March 09. At that time I also pre-purchased the service manual. As of now I still have not received it. When I ask my dealer when it is coming in they said that it will take a few months since they (BRP) are updating it. I am thinking that 9 months is plenty of time to update it and send it out??? Or am I getting the run around? :mad:

Thanks
Silverwolf

retread
12-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Positively runaround, I ordered mine and got it in less than 2 weeks, covers 08 and 09 SM and SE. The dealer's excuse could be valid now because of the RT, but not for the past 9 MONTHS!!!
I'd get my money back and get one on line.

john

Lamonster
12-29-2009, 12:41 PM
:agree:

Silverwolf
12-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Sweet... Thanks for letting me know. Now I need to go have a small discussion with the dealer.

Silverwolf

bcspyder
12-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Got mine online for about $20.00 with shipping. Included a disc with the manual as well as another that was a video for technicians. I thought it was a great deal and prefer having the disc version as you can print out the sheets that you need.

bubbahetzel
12-29-2009, 02:03 PM
I ordered the service manual the same day that I bought the Spyder. They said that they would have to order it. They delivered my Spyder the very next day and they brought the service manual with it.

obiwanbill
12-30-2009, 11:34 AM
I got the CD on Ebay.

they have that and the manual both there

Silverwolf
01-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Just a quick update to you all. I called the dealer back and told them that I would just like to have my money back and surprising enough the Manual is now on its way to me... I guess I will give it a week and if not then get a refund. On a side note I did go to ebay and get the CD. So thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction. :)

Next to do job is to now get it painted. :)

groundeffect
01-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Just a quick update to you all. I called the dealer back and told them that I would just like to have my money back and surprising enough the Manual is now on its way to me... I guess I will give it a week and if not then get a refund. On a side note I did go to ebay and get the CD. So thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction. :)

Next to do job is to now get it painted. :)

I'm also interesting purchasing the full shop manual as to do a good bit of my own maintenance ( I really enjoy it ) - anything over my head or requiring B.U.D.S. I will be going to the shop for, though.

I have a 2010RS on order. I inquired, and as I understand it the 2010 manuals have not yet been finalized, but I've been told the 2009 RS(GS) manual, will do me until the 2010 manual is available later this year.

I'm looking to purchase the 2009 full shop manual now.

Thank you for your update, it reminded me to get one!
Cheers.
PS What color are you going to paint your Spyder?

Sarge707
01-15-2010, 01:06 PM
I have the 08/09 Manual downloaded on my Desktop as someone (can,t remember) provided me a link to download it!! (FOR FREE!!)
:clap: Is there a way I can Share it without going to JaiL??:yikes:

groundeffect
01-15-2010, 01:11 PM
I have the 08/09 Manual downloaded on my Desktop as someone (can,t remember) provided me a link to download it!! (FOR FREE!!)
:clap: Is there a way I can Share it without going to JaiL??:yikes:

I just checked ebay and they have them for a reasonable price and I think I'll go that route. I do not want either of us going to jail!! But I appreciate your thought and offer.

cheers.