PDA

View Full Version : Lost RT-S

frank3
12-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Well, talked to my dealer again this morning and guess what? The Rt is no where to be found. I guess the truck driver called them last week for directions to their "warehouse", was given directions and never showed up. Mean while, my baby (vin ending with 180) is out there in the cold somewhere. Sure hope this is resolved prior to year's end. I'd really like to get the tax break.:helpsmilie:

NancysToy
12-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Well, talked to my dealer again this morning and guess what? The Rt is no where to be found. I guess the truck driver called them last week for directions to their "warehouse", was given directions and never showed up. Mean while, my baby (vin ending with 180) is out there in the cold somewhere. Sure hope this is resolved prior to year's end. I'd really like to get the tax break.:helpsmilie:
Aiy yi yi! :yikes:

Wheeler~
12-26-2009, 05:51 PM
How does a Spyder just get lost?

8 Legged Freak
12-26-2009, 08:04 PM

And I thought waiting for the call was bad. :cus:

Smylinacha
12-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Did they find it yet?

Roaddog2
12-27-2009, 02:29 PM
:wrong:

dave01
12-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Santa dropped it off at my house by accident. I promise I will send it right over to you

frank3
12-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Did they find it yet?
NOPE, GUESS IS THE DRIVER WAS CLOSER TO HOME THAN DEALER SO STARTED HIS X-MAS EARLY. WON'T HAVE A CHANCE TO KNOW ANY MORE TILL TUESDAY WHEN DEALER REOPENS. NOT VERY GOOD WEATHER REMAINDER OF WEEK TO RIDE ANYWAY. COME ON SPRING.:gaah:

Dwight
12-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Jeez Frank, I'm sorry to hear that! That just sux! Hang in there, like you said the weather is bad anyway.

Dwight

frank3
12-27-2009, 05:18 PM
THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR THOUGHTS. EVERYONE THAT ALREADY HAS THEIR'S :congrats: DO YOU THINK BRP OR MY DEALER WILL OFFER ME ANY COMFORT WHEN THIS IS FINALLY OVER?:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: THEY ARE PROBABLY ENJOYING WATCHING ME. :chat:

ataDude
12-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Well, if you don't get it in the next week, they did cost you a deduction on the sales tax.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR THOUGHTS. EVERYONE THAT ALREADY HAS THEIR'S :congrats: DO YOU THINK BRP OR MY DEALER WILL OFFER ME ANY COMFORT WHEN THIS IS FINALLY OVER?:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: THEY ARE PROBABLY ENJOYING WATCHING ME. :chat:

NancysToy
12-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Well, if you don't get it in the next week, they did cost you a deduction on the sales tax.

Yes, try to at least get the paperwork done before the end of the year. They have the serial number, should be able to process the paperwork.

frank3
12-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Yes, try to at least get the paperwork done before the end of the year. They have the serial number, should be able to process the paperwork.
Scotty, I think you're right. Fact is, they called me over a week ago and wanted to complete the paperwork and have me write them a check. They said they had all the necessary info to complete paperwork then. I declined, wanting to see the RT prior to giving them 24K more. Now, may have to do that anyway.

NancysToy
12-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Scotty, I think you're right. Fact is, they called me over a week ago and wanted to complete the paperwork and have me write them a check. They said they had all the necessary info to complete paperwork then. I declined, wanting to see the RT prior to giving them 24K more. Now, may have to do that anyway.
I did my paperwork last week, but delivery will be Wednesday. So far I have only seen the crate. I figure the warranty can take care of any problems.

Smylinacha
12-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Hopefully you will have it this coming week!

Roaddog2
12-28-2009, 09:49 AM
I did my paperwork last week, but delivery will be Wednesday. So far I have only seen the crate. I figure the warranty can take care of any problems.
:thumbup::congrats:

frank3
12-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Dealer notified BRP that shipment delayed due to weather. Dealer and BRP have a tracer out on truck and expect some info today or tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'm going to go ahead and close deal today and not risk missing out on tax rebate. Could wait till Thursday but more show on the way tonight and all day tomorrow.

frank3
12-30-2009, 05:17 PM
#180 RT is in Alabama in a warehouse. Delivery truck redirected there after part of his load was rejected by another dealer. Told it will be delivered to dealer tomorrow (12/31/09).:2excited:

8LEGS
12-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Told it will be delivered to dealer tomorrow (12/31/09).:2excited:
:congrats::2thumbs::yes::yes:

BajaRon
12-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Check at Lamont's.....That's where all of my missing stuff ends up. Have never lost anything as large as an RT but you never know. Stuff shows up at his house all the time.

Sometimes it's his.....sometimes it isn't. :dontknow:

frank3
12-31-2009, 05:56 PM
Check at Lamont's.....That's where all of my missing stuff ends up. Have never lost anything as large as an RT but you never know. Stuff shows up at his house all the time.

Sometimes it's his.....sometimes it isn't. :dontknow:
As talented as that guy is, Id be pleased to take any of my toys there.

frank3
12-31-2009, 06:17 PM
Well, dealer called 5 min ago and said RT made it there today. They will uncrate/build on Saturday. Plan to trailer it home on Tuesday.:yes::yes::yes:

NancysToy
12-31-2009, 06:33 PM
Well, dealer called 5 min ago and said RT made it there today. They will uncrate/build on Saturday. Plan to trailer it home on Tuesday.:yes::yes::yes:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Hope you got the paperwork thing done, too. Enjoy!

frank3
12-31-2009, 06:36 PM
Wrote the check and completed the paper work on Tuesday. Can't hardly wait. By the way Scotty, How many coats of wax have you put on so far. Think that might also be my only Rt activity for a while due to this miserable weather.

NancysToy
12-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Wrote the check and completed the paper work on Tuesday. Can't hardly wait. By the way Scotty, How many coats of wax have you put on so far. Think that might also be my only Rt activity for a while due to this miserable weather.
Too cold here, even for that. I'll have to be satisfied to just look...and play with the radio dials. Sort of like with my Dad's '57 Chevy...LOL. The trunk 12V outlet worked well to attach the battery charger, though. Thanks, BRP, for not making this switched, like on the RS. I have an adapter for the Powerlet connectors I usually use, so the cigarette socket worked fine for charging. Just leave the lid unlatched.

Dwight
01-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Frank,
I bet your RT was on the same truck that delivered mine. I was talking to the driver and he said another dealer refused shipment because they had some stuff that he didn't order. He was also from either Alabama or Georgia and said he was going home for Christmas and somebody else would have to worry about what to do with the rest of his load. He had some Spyders and some ATVs still on the truck when he left.
Oh well, you've got it now so I guess it doesn't matter.

Dwight

frank3
01-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Dwight, I think you're correct. That's basically the same story I got. They're putting it together tomorrow and I'm going down in the morning to watch what I can and maybe take photo's. They won't let me in the shop area (std. "ins. won't allow customers") routine. If it looks like they will be finished early enough, I'm going back home to get the trailer and will bring it home tomorrow afternoon. Bad part is, the garage for the RT is around back in basement garage with 4' snow drifts so RT will occupy my pickup's parking spot in the garage upstairs. "She who knows best" approved my buying it but not taking her parking place. Small price to pay to have it home.
Brother in law was just over and we spent 2 hours talking about all the places to ride. He has a Goldwing and the other B-I-L has a BMW K series. They both live in Kansas about half way between Troy and Highland and a little West of 7 Highway. We'll make a trip to Topeka sometime, Think you'll like both of them. LOOKING FORWARD TO LOTS OF TRIPS.:2thumbs: