PDA

View Full Version : Can- AM St-1 Hybrid Helmet questions (Lots)

TicketBait
12-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Can-Am ST-1 Hybrid Helmet with built-in communication system

$479.99
Product Number: 447437

http://spyder.brp.com/GearsAccessories/Content/209/CanAmSpyder/neutral/images/catalogs/products/447427_90_FT_MD.jpg (http://spyder.brp.com/GearsAccessories/Content/209/CanAmSpyder/neutral/images/catalogs/products/447427_90_FT_FL.jpg)

Description

Innovative lightweight motorcycle-helmet-inspired concept with multiple functionalities when fitted with optional one-of-a-kind jaws
Integrated communication capabilities
Works in conjunction with CB & Communication system (219400145) available as an option on new Can-Am Spyder RT
Ventilation features include two ventilation tab kits (one open and one closed) with anti-fog spray kit, triple configuration flexibility (jet, vented and full face), continuous top ventilation and exhaust
Double D ring closure
Anti-scratch visor, retractable sun visor
Moisture-wicking and breathable removable liner and cheek pads
Optional longer visor, HOW MUCH $$ ?vented and full face jaws sold separately
D.O.T. certified and ECE 22.05 compliant (European regulation)
I understand I need to get CB system so I can talk to my passanger.

If I don't get the CB and comm. system. Is the radio or I pod piped into the helmet too or just through the speakers on the spyder?

This helmet looks like you can attach the two different jaws, will the wired mike work with those or only when it is the jet?

http://spyder.brp.com/GearsAccessories/Content/209/CanAmSpyder/neutral/images/catalogs/products/447428_90_FT_TH.jpghttp://spyder.brp.com/GearsAccessories/Content/209/CanAmSpyder/neutral/images/catalogs/products/447429_90_FT_TH.jpg

Some people I talked to have a Nolan helmet that is bluetooth and

they can receive phone calls. Is that something/ feature I would

want? I liked the helmet cuz you could ride in full face or just lift up

the full face mask. It also had a dark visor that you could press a

button andit would go down or up instantly,

I like this as I have to wear perscription glasses.

Does the Can-Am helmet work that way?

and finaly they ( BRP rep) said if I order the wrong size ,:pray: oh well.

These helmets they said won't be available till March.

I believe the advantage of wired helmets is clearer reception, my Harley friend says i will forget I am wired and will rip my head off, I tell him I have no bad habits yet, it will be whatever I learn
what say you?

2 helmets ea 479
C/B comm. 799
2 full face jaw ea 69
2 vented jaw ea 69
optional longer visor ?
total--$ 2033.00

what say you?

chris56
12-24-2009, 01:56 AM
i use that since exact 1 year (got a pair for christmas..) have a bluetooth for my telefon (or a GPS..) - workes perfect - very low noise if used in winter-position - easy to change to summer-mod and really lightweight..
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/givi/x-01/
would buy it again
chris
(and a pair of that fit in the spyder-front as you see here:)

NancysToy
12-24-2009, 10:39 AM
I understand I need to get CB system so I can talk to my passanger.
If you want the integrated comm system, that is true. The BRP system would be adjustable with the handlebar control, and would be integrated into the sound system, GPS, CB, etc., to mute them when you talk. It is voice activated for intercom. It will also work with the PTT button on the left bar, but the CB will then transmit what you say as well, if it is turned on. Passenger has no PTT. There are alternative comm systems available, both wired and wireless. The CB/Comm option may have to be dealer installed. You would have to install a wired system yourself, as I plan to do with my Starcom1, or hire it done.

If I don't get the CB and comm. system. Is the radio or iPod piped into the helmet too or just through the speakers on the spyder?

No, the connection to the helmets doesn't exist without the CB/Comm option, so there is no place to connect the helmets and no wiring connecting to the sound system.

This helmet looks like you can attach the two different jaws, will the wired mike work with those or only when it is the jet?

The mike is on a boom, so it should work with the jaws. May need to be adjusted a bit.

Some people I talked to have a Nolan helmet that is bluetooth and
they can receive phone calls. Is that something/ feature I would
want? I liked the helmet cuz you could ride in full face or just lift up
the full face mask.

That is a personal decision. I can receive phone calls through my Starcom1 wired systems, but I never hook the phone up unless I am expecting an emergency call. You do not need to be distracted by a phone call when riding.

It also had a dark visor that you could press a button and it would go down or up instantly, I like this as I have to wear perscription glasses. Does the Can-Am helmet work that way?

If you look closely at the Can-Am picture, you can see the pull down sunvisor.

and finally they ( BRP rep) said if I order the wrong size ,:pray: oh well.
These helmets they said won't be available till March.

Always a problem! I wouldn't recommend buying a helmet I couldn't try on first. Not only is size a factor, but helmet shape and features may not suit you well. You can buy the BRP helmet mike and ear speakers separately, to attach to your own helmet.

I believe the advantage of wired helmets is clearer reception, my Harley friend says i will forget I am wired and will rip my head off, I tell him I have no bad habits yet, it will be whatever I learn.

I tend to feel this way, too, although I have no hi-tech toys that either require Bluetooth or can communicate with it, so I have no experience. We have both ridden with wired systems for years, and have never ripped our heads off, or even pulled a mike loose. Yes, We sometimes forget, but the coiled cord pulls gently on you to remind you. It's not like you jump off the Spyder and run......unless you have to go to the john real, real bad. :D

Hope this helps.

Tom N
12-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Found Can-am ST-1 Hybrid helmet with built-in communication system for $359.99 with free shipping and no tax (retail 479.99), They also carry lots of Spyder "stuff" @ a discount, most at least 25% off. Site is WWW.cyclecentralpowersports.com (http://www.cyclecentralpowersports.com) and do a search for "can-am".
Merry Christmas, Tom N

TicketBait
12-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Scotty - thanks for all the advice and Tom thankyou so much those look like really good prices.

Also is anyone ordering the XM Sirius radio. In los Angeles I get good local reception but if you venture out then...decisions decisions

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/10xx6xf.gif

murlaw703
12-01-2011, 02:39 AM
I have the ST1 Hybrid, but I found it uncomfortable (too small) and needed an XL size, which is not made. I don't want to have to buy a CB to communicate or use these features. I purchased a Sena SMH10 Bluetooh system and wired into my ST1 and then my current helmet. I connect to my Zumo GPS for music, phone and GPS. I also have an Ipod with a Sony adapter that plays through also. I am a bit of an audiophile and the sound from the speakers are phenomenal. They have to fit against your ears for full bass response, but they are so thin and are velcro backed, so you can place it anywhere you want. It support driver/passenger communication and driver to 4 other driver communications up to 900 yds away, by far the largest distance on the market. Great system, under $200 and all kinds of different attachment methods depending on what kind of helmet you are wearing. Also, people have commented that they cannot tell, even on an open face helmet, that I am not talking on a regular phone even at speeds of 70 mph !

Check these babies out. They may be a solution for those who have GPS but don't want to spend up to $2000 just to get a good communication system. These are state of the art.

chris56
12-01-2011, 03:55 AM
here is their webside ...
http://www.givi.co.uk/helmets/Fullface-helmet/

stevedfive
12-01-2011, 10:43 AM
We have the ST-1 helmets and the CB Comm system, we love it. The helmet is a year round helmet with the removable jaws. I would be happy to meet you if you would like to check it out. Also, Bert's usually stocks these helmets.