PDA

View Full Version : tis 3 days afore Christmas

fred
12-23-2009, 08:36 AM
The riding season has long passed for those of us living north, the Spyder is in the garage, covered til spring.

The wreath is hung in its traditional location, the tree needs final trimming, the turkey is thawing and the grand kids are getting giddy.

Out the window its snowing, -9C (13F),windchill -20+; inside, the wood stove is adding to the warmth.

Happy Holiday and best of health to everyone..may Santa bring Spyder toys for the new season.

teacherbob
12-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Fred,
Merry Christmas from Spring Hill KS. I have may customers that I consider friends in Canada.

Bob (Teacherbob)

SpyderWolf
12-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Merry Christmas from a place where we usually never see snow. I hope you have a great time celebrating with your family Fred.

Jornie1
12-23-2009, 08:07 PM
I have crystal clear memories of those extreme winters. Spent most of my adult life in St. Louis MO in the worst weather I have ever seen. Now live in SW Florida... winter has never visited here. Spyder rider's dream!! Summer year around.. Oh yea!!

Director
12-23-2009, 08:37 PM
I have crystal clear memories of those extreme winters. Spent most of my adult life in St. Louis MO in the worst weather I have ever seen. Now live in SW Florida... winter has never visited here. Spyder rider's dream!! Summer year around.. Oh yea!!

Here is what I posted on my Facebook wall today:

All right, another day without snow! Every snowless winter day is a blessing. I cannot put into words how much I loathe this godforsaken time of the year. I look forward to the day when I will be able to spend a substantial part of the winter someplace warm, where "snow" is nothing more than an illicit substance injected by junkies, and "salt" is just a table condiment - not a traction control device! :thumbup:

Cheers,

Bruce

P.S Merry Christmas, and may it be green for everyone!

NancysToy
12-23-2009, 08:54 PM
All right, another day without snow! Every snowless winter day is a blessing. I cannot put into words how much I loathe this godforsaken time of the year. I look forward to the day when I will be able to spend a substantial part of the winter someplace warm, where "snow" is nothing more than an illicit substance injected by junkies, and "salt" is just a table condiment - not a traction control device!
Well Bruce, that says little for me. Being retired, with Nancy able to if she wanted, we willingly spend our winters here, sans sleds or other diversions. Even the thought of picking up my new RT next week and being unable to ride it for at least ten weeks, is not enough incentive to get me to move south. We have brief thoughts of it now and then, but we seem to be rooted here, and the snow and crud is the price we pay, just like the insane summer heat is the cost for the folks that love the South, or an occasional hurricane for those that adore the coast.

Director
12-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Well Bruce, that says little for me. Being retired, with Nancy able to if she wanted, we willingly spend our winters here, sans sleds or other diversions. Even the thought of picking up my new RT next week and being unable to ride it for at least ten weeks, is not enough incentive to get me to move south. We have brief thoughts of it now and then, but we seem to be rooted here, and the snow and crud is the price we pay, just like the insane summer heat is the cost for the folks that love the South, or an occasional hurricane for those that adore the coast.

Oh, I don't plan to move south permanently, Scotty, but I would love to spend a month or two in sunnier climes during these winter doldrums! :coffee:

Best regards,

Bruce

QuadManiac
12-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Merry Christmas from sunny San Diego... I plan on a nice, long ride on Friday. Sorry. :D

Monique
12-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Oh, I don't plan to move south permanently, Scotty, but I would love to spend a month or two in sunnier climes during these winter doldrums! :coffee:

Best regards,

Bruce

On a whim the lovely husband and I decided to head to Florida for the holidays - Naples is beautiful. We did the same thing last February. For 4 weeks I will be soaking up enough sunshine to last me until spring when I get back to Ottawa. Don't shoot me for saying this but I actually miss the white stuff today...and I might tomorrow as well....but then I'll get over it as I get to ride my Lil' Pumpkin. Although the weather is not it's best right now down here....it's still perfect ryding weather !

Happy holidays everyone!

irish2themax
12-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Want to throw a snow shovel in my 4WD and head south until someone asks "What's that?"

Saluda
12-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all.
Don't forget a word of thanks for all our troops that are not with their loved ones.

Director
12-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all.
Don't forget a word of thanks for all our troops that are not with their loved ones.

Amen to that! We just need to worry about mundane matters like snowstorms, while they are dealing with IEDs and terrorists. God bless all of them. :pray:

Bruce