PDA

View Full Version : Headsets for the RT Audio System

lawrenc454
12-22-2009, 06:01 AM
Anyone hear anything about the quality of the Can Am headsets compared to J&M or others and how they perform with the RT Radio, CB and GPS?

NancysToy
12-22-2009, 07:43 AM
Anyone hear anything about the quality of the Can Am headsets compared to J&M or others and how they perform with the RT Radio, CB and GPS?
Ask Freditor, (Fred Rau). I think he has the headsets for his RT5 Spyder, and he and his wife have tested them and others extensively.

Lamonster
12-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Ask Freditor, (Fred Rau). I think he has the headsets for his RT5 Spyder, and he and his wife have tested them and others extensively.

I'm pretty sure Fred used his own headsets because he had to have an adapter made up. I have the BRP headset but have yet to use them. I'll post something after I do. :doorag:

NancysToy
12-22-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm pretty sure Fred used his own headsets because he had to have an adapter made up.
That's right, I remember now. Something special about the volume when adapting another unit, too, as I now tardily recall. If anybody finds my marbles, please turn them over to my wife for reinstallation.

ddaybc
12-22-2009, 10:41 PM
That's right, I remember now. Something special about the volume when adapting another unit, too, as I now tardily recall. If anybody finds my marbles, please turn them over to my wife for reinstallation.
:roflblack:

medican
12-23-2009, 11:01 AM
If I remember correctly, Fred was saying that it was better to use a HO (High Output) mike on your helmet or you would find yourself having to turn the mike volume way up to get it to work well.