PDA

View Full Version : Riding position

usltbmw
12-21-2009, 05:45 PM
I've put the BRP risers on my Spyder but still am having to lean forward more than I like. What have any of you done to get yourself sitting more upright?

Thanks,
Steve

retread
12-21-2009, 05:51 PM
NMN/ESI risers, highway pegs (you pick the mounts) Russell seat, 23" windshield. I'm 6 feet plus a bit, 30 inch inseam, fairly long arms; with this setup, from Indy to Black Mountain NC, stops for gas only, good comfort, could have gone a lot farther.

john

jima1153
12-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Most of us here at this forum have gone to a total of 4" of risers. It seems that we start out with the 1" BRP riser and then get the 3" NMN riser. If you go any higher than 4" tall, you will probably have to modify wires and cable lengths. I am 6'8" and that setup works great for me. Ther are some 5'0"ers that use the same setup. Be aware that when you extend your handlebars you will then need to extend your mirrrors. The hiway pegs fix your leg cramping issues. Most of us have those shortly after purchase also. :2thumbs:

boborgera
12-21-2009, 06:14 PM
I've put the BRP risers on my Spyder but still am having to lean forward more than I like. What have any of you done to get yourself sitting more upright?

Thanks,
Steve

NMN 3'' RISERS If you didn't have the BRP riser 4'' would be better.
I put the 3'' on, really helps it gets me out of the crotch rocket lean.
and more cruiser style.

Smylinacha
12-21-2009, 07:35 PM
I have the NMN 3 " risers - well worth it.

docdoru
12-21-2009, 08:22 PM
welcome
http://www.sargentcycle.com/csroadcom.htm

BajaRon
12-21-2009, 08:26 PM
From what I've seen the BRP risers are a lot of work and expense for very little effect. Go with NMN 3" or 4" risers and you'll get a lot more bang for your buck (and riding position will change quite a bit).

irish2themax
12-21-2009, 08:31 PM
KewlMetal pullback bars...5", 7" or 9". I prefer them to risers as they bring the bar back to your body allowing you to sit upright

BajaRon
12-22-2009, 11:39 AM
KewlMetal pullback bars...5", 7" or 9". I prefer them to risers as they bring the bar back to your body allowing you to sit upright

I don't have any experience with the Kewl Metal pullback bars but they do make great stuff.

Anything would be an improvment over what BRP offers in this case (IMHO)

Sarge707
12-22-2009, 12:27 PM
I put on the Spyder City 2 3/8 " Riser ( Also comes in 3") and its a lot easier than the BRP one. No cutting of bars and only $99 or $119 . Its a billet block that raises the handlebar and moves it more toward you.
I now sit forward for cruising the highway and back (Extending my arms more) for the aggresive twisties. I Like the stock look it provides!!!:spyder2:

GA-SPYDER
12-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Most of us here at this forum have gone to a total of 4" of risers. It seems that we start out with the 1" BRP riser and then get the 3" NMN riser. If you go any higher than 4" tall, you will probably have to modify wires and cable lengths. I am 6'8" and that setup works great for me. Ther are some 5'0"ers that use the same setup. Be aware that when you extend your handlebars you will then need to extend your mirrrors. The hiway pegs fix your leg cramping issues. Most of us have those shortly after purchase also. :2thumbs:
Don't forget the hand brake. After you add the highway pegs, there is a little bit of fear factor of getting back to the brake pedal quickly.:thumbup: