PDA

View Full Version : Video- Lockable Center Storage Area

Lamonster
12-19-2009, 06:05 PM
There's some misinformation about the RT center storage area and if it's lockable or not. I'm here to tell/show you it is lockable. You crank the wheels one way or the other just as you would to lock the steering and when you lock the steering it will also lock the center storage area. :doorag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMsb3ohd7kw

groundeffect
12-19-2009, 08:56 PM
That is awesome!

Do you know if the RS for 2010 will have this option?

thank you.

NancysToy
12-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks, Lamont. I had tried this feature on the demo at the dealership. Works just fine. Your video tells more than my words could ever had said.

BumbleBee
12-20-2009, 07:06 AM
:2thumbs: Thanks for that info!

Jornie1
12-20-2009, 10:21 AM
This site is excellent. Thanks Lamont. My dealer wasn't even aware that there was a center storage compartment, when we first statred looking at the RT. When I showed them, they said...hmm...too bad it doesn't lock..Well!! What can I say but thanks. Len

lawrenc454
12-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Lamonster - you seen to have been under the body work more than anyone else.:bowdown:

I want to add two switches and a Powerlet outlet for my vest and was thinking about putting them by the other switches but I know the air box is below that and didn't know if there is an 1" or more for the bottom of the switch and the wiring/connectors.:dontknow:

Thanks in advance and happy holidays dude.:spyder2:

Lamonster
12-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Lamonster - you seen to have been under the body work more than anyone else.:bowdown:

I want to add two switches and a Powerlet outlet for my vest and was thinking about putting them by the other switches but I know the air box is below that and didn't know if there is an 1" or more for the bottom of the switch and the wiring/connectors.:dontknow:

Thanks in advance and happy holidays dude.:spyder2:
Looks like there is room, just want to look before you drill because there are some ribs in the way.

Don K
06-19-2018, 04:45 PM
There's some misinformation about the RT center storage area and if it's lockable or not. I'm here to tell/show you it is lockable. You crank the wheels one way or the other just as you would to lock the steering and when you lock the steering it will also lock the center storage area. :doorag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMsb3ohd7kw

Hi Lamont
Hope you can guide me in the direction I should look.

I have a 2015 RTS- that I bought new-
I noticed two days ago that the center storage compartment in front of the seat no longer is locking when I turn the wheels all the way and the bike.
Can you please shed some knowledge on this situation.
Thanks very much.
Don
Bedford Virginia

bcer960
06-19-2018, 04:52 PM
Hi Lamont
Hope you can guide me in the direction I should look.

I have a 2015 RTS- that I bought new-
I noticed two days ago that the center storage compartment in front of the seat no longer is locking when I turn the wheels all the way and the bike.
Can you please shed some knowledge on this situation.
Thanks very much.
Don
Bedford Virginia

Don,

It's not just turning the wheels, you also have to lock the steering, by turning the key to lock position. This locks both the steering and the glove box.

Don K
06-19-2018, 05:13 PM
Don,

It's not just turning the wheels, you also have to lock the steering, by turning the key to lock position. This locks both the steering and the glove box.

Thanks a lot for responding.
Yes I knew that you also needed to lock the steering.
I have not had any problems locking the compartments until two days ago when just this one compartment stopped locking .

Don K
06-19-2018, 05:34 PM
Don,

I don’t think that my reply back went through.
Thanks very much for your response about the center storage not working.
I knew that you had to turn the front wheels and lock with the key.
Like I mentioned in my first post I purchased the Spyder new.
The compartment had always been working properly until two days ago.
It lid still latches close - it just won’t lock.

bcer960
06-19-2018, 05:37 PM
I don’t think that my reply back went through.
Thanks very much for your response about the center storage not working.
I knew that you had to turn the front wheels and lock with the key.
Like I mentioned in my first post I purchased the Spyder new.
The compartment had always been working properly until two days ago.
It lid still latches close - it just won’t lock.

No problem Don,

Just making sure that you were locking the steering as well....

Good luck in finding an answer

Don K
06-19-2018, 06:38 PM
No problem Don,

Just making sure that you were locking the steering as well....

Good luck in finding an answer
I do very much appreciate your response about the storage compartment.

I noticed that you have added a Baja Ron sway bar.
What was your reason for changing the swaybar?
Have you really noticed big differences after the change.

I’m wondering if this is what I need.
My 2015 RTS feels like it wants to roll/tilt in turns with any speed.
Thanks again Don

bcer960
06-19-2018, 06:52 PM
The sway bar fixed two things for me

First: If, when you are going around corners, mostly long sweeping corners, and suddenly the spyder looses it's line on the road. I had this happen a few times to me, especially when riding two up. But it happened top me when riding single as well.

Second: When a large vehicle, such as a transport truck passes you going in the opposite direction and the air pushes the spyder away.

hope this helps....

Don K
06-19-2018, 07:27 PM
The sway bar fixed two things for me

First: If, when you are going around corners, mostly long sweeping corners, and suddenly the spyder looses it's line on the road. I had this happen a few times to me, especially when riding two up. But it happened top me when riding single as well.

Second: When a large vehicle, such as a transport truck passes you going in the opposite direction and the air pushes the spyder away.

hope this helps....
Very helpful information.
Thanks