PDA

View Full Version : It's almost here!

Dwight
12-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Got the call from my dealer today. They said my RT will be here next Tuesday the 22nd. I will be their first delivery of an RT. The said the good news was that it would be in Tuesday, the bad news was that none of the options would be in until after the first of the year. He said they might be able to deliver it to me before Christmas, if not then, then for sure the next week. Hopefully they will be able to install my options (just ordered the CB) when I bring it in for the first service. We are pretty excited!! It's a PE SE RT-S.

Dwight

mattmel
12-18-2009, 10:45 PM
its funny that i live 1hr away from valcor quebec where they make the spyder
and my rt wont be in till feb or march,but thats great you will have it for christmas,couldnt ride it now any way,lots of snow and -27 celsius
enjoy your spyder and let us know your thoughts

bikeguy
12-18-2009, 11:30 PM
:congrats: Enjoy !!!!!

Cotton

Jornie1
12-18-2009, 11:38 PM
Congrats and I"m excited for you. Let us know how you really like it. Topeka sounds kinda' cold for Spyder riding in Dec/Jan.
Jornie1, anxiously awaiting deliver or two Spyder RT's in Jan... Here in sunny SW Florida. Kind of cool today only got to about 76.

jima1153
12-18-2009, 11:42 PM
:congrats: It's good to know that they are rolling out the door.

Mad Matt
12-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Wow, that's good news. I was told my PE unit MIGHT be here by the end of December. I am really not holding my breath on this one....

Matt

NancysToy
12-19-2009, 08:11 AM
Wow, that's good news. I was told my PE unit MIGHT be here by the end of December. I am really not holding my breath on this one....

Matt
:agree: This is worse than waiting for Santa Claus!!!

Lamonster
12-19-2009, 10:25 AM
:congrats:

SpyderWolf
12-19-2009, 10:31 AM
:congrats: Hoping they will get it to you before Christmas, as that would be an awesome present.

frank3
12-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Got the call from my dealer today. They said my RT will be here next Tuesday the 22nd. I will be their first delivery of an RT. The said the good news was that it would be in Tuesday, the bad news was that none of the options would be in until after the first of the year. He said they might be able to deliver it to me before Christmas, if not then, then for sure the next week. Hopefully they will be able to install my options (just ordered the CB) when I bring it in for the first service. We are pretty excited!! It's a PE SE RT-S.

Dwight
Dwight, I live in St. Joe. and deal with Advantage Power Sports in N. K.C.. They called me last thursday and said they had received shipping notification from BPR. The paper work shows a vin ending with 000180. What dealer did you use and do you know your vin number yet? Just curious about which might be lower. I will also be the first delivery for my dealer. Your RT and mine might be on the same truck. Mine is also a SE but I didn't order any options. I have no use for a CB and if I elect to have rider/passenger com, I'll purchase a wireless unit. :congrats:

jima1153
12-19-2009, 11:15 AM
I wonder once BRP gets the line set up, how many they can produce in one day?

Dwight
12-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Frank,

I forgot to ask about the VIN. I wouldn't be surprised if they both were on the same truck. I ordered mine from Reno's. Looks like they might have built the SE's first. I'm going to call them Tuesday so I can get the vin for my insurance guy. I might even drive down there just to see it!:2excited:
Dwight

frank3
12-19-2009, 05:37 PM
:yes::DDwight,
Yes, let me know what your vin is. These dealers being closed on Monday's is a real bummer. Your's is the same dealer where I took a test ride. My dealer isn't alowing his off the show room floor. Thought it was very nice of Reno's to allow me to do that even though I told them that I had already ordered one elsewhere. I think your dealer may turn out to be a better service provider as well.:2excited::yes:

Wheeler~
12-19-2009, 08:20 PM
I wonder once BRP gets the line set up, how many they can produce in one day?
Good question, does anyone really know?

ataDude
12-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Good question, does anyone really know?

The original rumors that 80-85 Spyders (of all kinds) were being produced per day... with a second shift doubling that if necessary. Obviously, a third shift would also lend to an increase.

However, I don't know any more than you. Just repeating the almost two-year-old rumors. :gaah:

DeeKay53
12-20-2009, 06:46 AM
I was advised by my supplier that the SE-5 was only going to be avalible in the first run. I was then told the the SM-5 was going to be first and that all customers were to be encouraged to change to the SM-5. I personnally wanted the SM-5 a was more than happy. I have now been told that delivery could be ??????:dontknow: My concern now is will the PE RT-S orders for the international market be released at the same time as the US market, (I'm led to beleive some of yours are already on the way).:helpsmilie:I am still waiting to hear if the asseccories I have ordered will be coming with the Spyder or installed later!!!! Can anyone help?
I traded my Goldwing Trike in October and also paid a deposit. We are paying $42500 Aust Dollars (thats about $39000US, go figure) for the PE RT-S SM5.

BumbleBee
12-20-2009, 07:02 AM
PE's have been shipped out in Bulk's to Regions. Mine was shipped out in the last Friday shipment. There is a possibility that some of you will recieve yours by Christmas, others after the Holiday.

Don't forget traveling time, state to state, unloading, etc, takes time!

:2thumbs::clap::ohyea::spyder2::yes:

Dwight
12-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Jornie1,

If they can get it ready before Christmas I'll be able to ride it home in low-mid 40's. I've got clothes for that kind of weather so it won't be a problem. We did have snow in the forecast for the 24th but the temp is still supposed to be in the 40's. I can do that to! I'd really hate to have to bring it home on a trailer!! Freezing rain or snow packed roads would probably stop me so I'll just hope it goes around us. I'm hopeing the excitement will keep me warm for a while, it's only about 85 miles home from the dealer.

Dwight

retired1
12-20-2009, 08:36 PM
I stopped at my dealer Friday morning and they had just received a 2010 white RS. The dealer told me that they were going to close until Jan 4th. I am hoping that the blue RT comes in sometime in that period.

2Gunns
12-21-2009, 08:26 AM
PE's have been shipped out in Bulk's to Regions. Mine was shipped out in the last Friday shipment. There is a possibility that some of you will recieve yours by Christmas, others after the Holiday.

Don't forget traveling time, state to state, unloading, etc, takes time!

:2thumbs::clap::ohyea::spyder2::yes:

Perhaps the last few days before Christmas will be filled with Dealer Notifications :yes:

BumbleBee
12-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Perhaps the last few days before Christmas will be filled Dealer Notifications :yes:

:2excited: We can hope :clap:

NancysToy
12-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Mine is here! My salesman was off Friday when they got the shipping notice, but the Spyder showed up Saturday. Due to a mixup in the BRP system which caused mine to apparently be reordered, they didn't know who to notify. I had a feeling when I got up today, so drove the 35 miles to the dealer. Imagine my pleasure to find my Spyder had arrived. Already got the insurance. I'll do the dealer and title paperwork this week, but they can't get it prepped until next week, which is full for me. I'll trailer over and pick it up next week Wednesday. VIN #000150, but that may not be the PE #, since there are also PE SE5s this time around, and different models can repeat the serial number digits. I'll know next week. First pic below of me with my new RT-S!

Dwight
12-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Way cool Scottie!!

I'm driving down to KC tomorrow to see if I can get a look at mine. I'll pick up the vin so I can get the insurance going. Still not sure if it will be ready this week or next. Hope the weather cooperates so I can ride it home!:congrats:

Dwight

ataDude
12-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Congrats, Scottie! And a Christmas tax deduction to boot.

Merry Christmas!

Mine is here! My salesman was off Friday when they got the shipping notice, but the Spyder showed up Saturday. Due to a mixup in the BRP system which caused mine to apparently be reordered, they didn't know who to notify. I had a feeling when I got up today, so drove the 35 miles to the dealer. Imagine my pleasure to find my Spyder had arrived. Already got the insurance. I'll do the dealer and title paperwork this week, but they can't get it prepped until next week, which is full for me. I'll trailer over and pick it up next week Wednesday. VIN #000150, but that may not be the PE #, since there are also PE SE5s this time around, and different models can repeat the serial number digits. I'll know next week. First pic below of me with my new RT-S!

Lamonster
12-21-2009, 02:30 PM
:2thumbs::yes::ohyea:

frank3
12-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Scotty, So far, you have the lowest VIN#. Mine is 000180. You may have a really low PE number. Seems I remember reading that one of the RT-5 machines was 130 or something like that.:congrats:

2Gunns
12-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Mine is here! My salesman was off Friday when they got the shipping notice, but the Spyder showed up Saturday. !

:congrats:
OK.... I'm starting to get a little spyder envy :spyder:

....praying the phone rings :pray:

Lamonster
12-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Seems I remember reading that one of the RT-5 machines was 130 or something like that.:congrats:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=478&pictureid=6980

NancysToy
12-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Scotty, So far, you have the lowest VIN#. Mine is 000180. You may have a really low PE number. Seems I remember reading that one of the RT-5 machines was 130 or something like that.:congrats:
There is more to the VIN# than the last six digits. Those are repeated model by model, and there are lots of models, including one for every color and transmission combination. All one can tell about my VIN# is that this was the 150th Premiere Edition SM5 RT-S to be produced. Matters not to me. Jay Leno can have #1 of this model, too.

DynamoBT
12-21-2009, 04:02 PM
:congrats: Scotty!!! I know you can't wait to ryde it more than on and off a trailer!

Pretty nice Christmas present even if you don't actually get it until next week!!

lawrenc454
12-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Wonder if they are showing up by order date or some other strange forumla that none of us can fathom?

BTW, congrats Dwight :congrats:

NancysToy
12-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Wonder if they are showing up by order date or some other strange formula that none of us can fathom?
I think a little of each. I think they wait a bit to get a truckload, but I know the partial truck unloaded at my dealer had only my RT and two watercraft for my dealer, even though they have had additional RT orders after mine. I think a dealer with more BRP items on order stands a better chance of an earlier delivery, but I can't really verify that. I read one report of a shipping notification for a Spyder ordered in the middle of November, yet mine was shipped a bit later and ordered in September. MO and KS seem to have gotten the first notifications of truckloads out of the factory, but they are farther away than Michigan. :D I suspected at first that the SE5s were shipping first, but then my SM5 showed up. In short, some rhyme, some reason, and probably some special BRP formula. Appears to be an improved process over the first PE Spyder shipments in 2007 and 2008, however...much better!

BumbleBee
12-22-2009, 05:47 AM
:congrats:, Mine was shipped Friday, waiting for my phone to ring :popcorn:

BumbleBee
12-22-2009, 05:48 AM
Wonder if they are showing up by order date or some other strange forumla that none of us can fathom?

BTW, congrats Dwight :congrats:

I was told they are being shipped by Regions :dontknow:

Dwight
12-22-2009, 07:07 AM
Same to you BumbleBee,
I was hoping you would get the call soon. I feel a little guilty about mine being shipped early, since I didn't order until 11/14. I don't know if I could have waited that long!
Anyway :congrats:

Dwight

PS: couldn't stand it any longer, we're going down to the shop today to check it out and see if they have started the assembly! Hope they won't mind me being in the way.:sour:

BumbleBee
12-22-2009, 07:22 AM
Same to you BumbleBee,
I was hoping you would get the call soon. I feel a little guilty about mine being shipped early, since I didn't order until 11/14. I don't know if I could have waited that long!
Anyway :congrats:

Dwight

PS: couldn't stand it any longer, we're going down to the shop today to check it out and see if they have started the assembly! Hope they won't mind me being in the way.:sour:

No need to feel guilty :2thumbs:, my understanding was that they were being shipped out by Regions. Mine will get here soon enough (any day now).

:congrats: to you and enjoy your new ryde. I am happy for you and everyone else, now let the fun really begin :spyder2:

:agree:, I wouldn't be able to stand it either, waiting for the assembly, I would want to watch. :2thumbs:

PS: I will not be bringing mine home as soon as they put it together anyways. It is staying at the Dealership for a paint job, being done right away. Doesn't make sense to bring it home now and then bring it back, being winter here, best time to do it :2thumbs:

2Gunns
12-22-2009, 08:07 AM
:congrats:, Mine was shipped Friday, waiting for my phone to ring :popcorn:

:congrats::yes::2thumbs:

...... I want "The Call". I'm contacting the phone company today, something must be wrong with my line!:roflblack:

frank3
12-22-2009, 08:46 AM
There is more to the VIN# than the last six digits. Those are repeated model by model, and there are lots of models, including one for every color and transmission combination. All one can tell about my VIN# is that this was the 150th Premiere Edition SM5 RT-S to be produced. Matters not to me. Jay Leno can have #1 of this model, too.
Good point Scotty. :agree:Haden't really thought about it like that. I'm just so anxious to get my RT that I can't seem to think about anything else. Prior to knowing that it had shipped, I didn't give it nearly as much thought. Now that it's sooo close:2excited: The 130 vin number that I was thinking about, actually belonged to a demo unit at my dealership. I also plan to observe my Rt assembly process (provided the dealer allowes me to enter his shop area) and plan lots of pictures.

frank3
12-22-2009, 08:48 AM
By the way, I placed my order September 18.

Dwight
12-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Our's is here guys!! I beat the truck to Reno's by about 10 minutes. Watched them unload 3 PE SE RT's. Two of them are sold but I got to pick mine out. They had 0192, 0197, and 0203, we chose 0192. The last 3 numbers in the VIN and the PE number are the same. We were able to watch them uncrate it and I got to see the PE number on the seat. They will have it ready for me to pick up tomorrow so I have to hunt up my cold weather/rain gear so I can ride it home.:2excited:

Dwight

northramp
12-22-2009, 09:23 PM
:congrats::congrats::congrats:

DynamoBT
12-22-2009, 09:33 PM
What a Christmas present!!! :congrats:

BumbleBee
12-22-2009, 10:55 PM
:congrats:, Have fun ryding :spyder2:

SpyderWolf
12-23-2009, 07:33 PM