PDA

View Full Version : RT Delivery Update

jima1153
12-14-2009, 05:57 PM
I just talked to my dealer here in central Illinois. I was bugging him about RT-S delivery dates for I am trying to get it paid for in 2009 for tax rebate reasons. He checked his delivery schedule online and as of today, it is supposed to be shipped in December. Which if the holidays don't mess it up Jan 4th would be nice because he can back-date the bill of sale and tax form 10 days and not pay a fine. (meaning in Illinois you have 10 days to submit sales tax after the day of sale). I'm hoping to get a vin# at least by that time. He also said that the trailers are scheduled to ship in Feb some time. I hope he is correct since we are hauling the bikes south toward the Rio Grande Valley in TX mid-January for a week. I would love to break in the new ride at that time. If anybody is in the valley and wants to ride, PM me and we will meet up. We will definatly be a unique group. My RS Phantom, (hopefully) my RT-S, a HD softail, and a brand new HD trike. :2thumbs: :ohyea: :yes::yes::yes:

Btw, I ordered mine on 10/23/2009

NancysToy
12-14-2009, 09:21 PM
I just talked to my dealer here in central Illinois. I was bugging him about RT-S delivery dates for I am trying to get it paid for in 2009 for tax rebate reasons. He checked his delivery schedule online and as of today, it is supposed to be shipped in December. Which if the holidays don't mess it up Jan 4th would be nice because he can back-date the bill of sale and tax form 10 days and not pay a fine. (meaning in Illinois you have 10 days to submit sales tax after the day of sale). I'm hoping to get a vin# at least by that time. He also said that the trailers are scheduled to ship in Feb some time. I hope he is correct since we are hauling the bikes south toward the Rio Grande Valley in TX mid-January for a week. I would love to break in the new ride at that time. If anybody is in the valley and wants to ride, PM me and we will meet up. We will definatly be a unique group. My RS Phantom, (hopefully) my RT-S, a HD softail, and a brand new HD trike. :2thumbs: :ohyea: :yes::yes::yes:

Hopeful news, but I won't hold my breath. I ordered mine in September, but my dealer has no news of delivery as yet. Says he will notify me as soon as he gets the email saying it was shipped. Getting the sales tax rebate would be a dandy Christmas present, although Michigan doesn't allow backdating the invoice. I figure my actual chances are slim.

2Gunns
12-16-2009, 10:18 AM
spoke with my dealer this morning...he said PE RT's should begin shipping today and will continue thru January.

Just wondering if anyone could confirm PE's are actually rolling out (Lamont?)

(Of course he has not recieved notification on my ride) :(

jwfranklin
12-16-2009, 11:33 AM
You know some dealers have not even received there demo yet. I called my dealer yesterday and asked him about it, he said he had been promised the first week of Dec. He was hoping for next week. but could not say for sure. I called one of the other metro Atlanta dealers they also had not received there demo.

2Gunns
12-16-2009, 12:07 PM
You know some dealers have not even received there demo yet. I called my dealer yesterday and asked him about it, he said he had been promised the first week of Dec. He was hoping for next week. but could not say for sure. I called one of the other metro Atlanta dealers they also had not received there demo.

true... the dealership within 30 miles of me has not gotten a demo yet, says it may be January and then it will be a floor model ONLY..wont have any for sale until after Feb. 2010. Maybe it's because it's mainly another brand (that also sells Can Am)... I ended up driving a 150 miles away to find a demo ride.

michaels cycle
12-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Seems strange to me that some of the southern dealers still haven't received their RT demo unit yet, when some northern dealerships had them for a couple weeks now............:dontknow:

I doubt there's many riders here in the north would look forward to taking one for a ride in zero degree temps and a foot of snow, or if the dealer would allow it..........:sour:

frank3
12-17-2009, 08:23 AM
This may not be true in all cases, but, my dealer (N. Kansas City, MO) had his demo nearly 3-1/2 weeks ago but did not have it assembled or ready for test ride/viewing till over a week later. With the season, comes slower sales and I think most of the dealers are resting or putting all their efforts into winter sport products.

Dwight
12-17-2009, 08:30 AM
I rode the demo at the other dealer in Kansas City on November 14th. Ordered the RT-S PE SE the same day.

Dwight

NancysToy
12-17-2009, 10:31 AM
My dealer checked BossWeb today and my Spyder is scheduled to be shipped this month. http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/emoticons/Happy/happy0004.gif (http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/getcode.php?dir=Happy/&image=happy0004.gif) No notification that it has shipped yet, but there is hope to get it before year's end. Now if I could find a way to get rid of this snow and ice. Hope I get that charger from Magic Man that I asked Santa for. I'm gonna need it soon.

Dwight
12-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Great news Scotty!! I didn't believe they would ship any until after the Holidays. Oh man, this waiting is really gonna be tuff for me now!

Dwight

NancysToy
12-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Great news Scotty!! I didn't believe they would ship any until after the Holidays. Oh man, this waiting is really gonna be tuff for me now!

Dwight
Still might not arrive until after the holidays. It takes a while for those trucks...even to Michigan. Could ship New Years Eve, and still be on schedule. It is nice to have hope, though, and a Spyder RT-S would look great under the Christmas tree. :joke: Getting the paperwork completed before the end of the year would snag the sales tax rebate on my income tax, too.

kerry wright
12-17-2009, 05:06 PM

in rio grand all year,,,own red spyder,,love to ride,,,,269 325 1541 mike:spyder2::spyder2::spyder2:

Roaddog2
12-17-2009, 05:16 PM
in rio grand all year,,,own red spyder,,love to ride,,,,269 325 1541 mike:spyder2::spyder2::spyder2:Welcome :spyder:Ryder:thumbup:

BumbleBee
12-17-2009, 05:31 PM
My dealer checked BossWeb today and my Spyder is scheduled to be shipped this month. http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/emoticons/Happy/happy0004.gif (http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/getcode.php?dir=Happy/&image=happy0004.gif) No notification that it has shipped yet, but there is hope to get it before year's end. Now if I could find a way to get rid of this snow and ice. Hope I get that charger from Magic Man that I asked Santa for. I'm gonna need it soon.

Dwight

Alright you two, wait in line, I believe I ordered mine before you two did. :joke:

Either way, does not matter who gets theirs first , we will all get ours! :2thumbs: A nice Christmas Present that would be, now figuring out how am I going to fit the RT-S under our tree :roflblack:

BumbleBee
12-17-2009, 05:32 PM
in rio grand all year,,,own red spyder,,love to ride,,,,269 325 1541 mike:spyder2::spyder2::spyder2:

welcome:congrats:

NancysToy
12-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Alright you two, wait in line, I believe I ordered mine before you two did. :joke:

Either way, does not matter who gets theirs first , we will all get ours! :2thumbs: A nice Christmas Present that would be, now figuring out how am I going to fit the RT-S under our tree :roflblack:
I ordered 9/23. It took a few weeks for my wife to talk me into it. :D First one in this part of the state.

retread
12-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Did you order it from Legends, Scotty? That's where I first rode a Spyder.

john

BumbleBee
12-18-2009, 05:57 AM
I ordered 9/23. It took a few weeks for my wife to talk me into it. :D First one in this part of the state.

I ordered mine about the same time as you did. :2thumbs:

Same here, :D First one in this part of the state!

Keep us posted when you get yours, I will do the same :2thumbs:

:yes::yes::yes:

Dwight
12-18-2009, 07:16 AM
You guys are way ahead of me. Didn't order mine until we could see and ride it. That was 11-14. They did say ours was the first PE SE ordered, if that means anything. I'm gonna havta dig out all my cold weather gear when it gets here. One thing about the cold weather, I usually get to ride by myself!:clap:

Dwight

frank3
12-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Dealer (Advantage Power Sports, K.C., MO) call me yesterday around noon and said he had a shipping notification from BRP for my new RT. I went by the dealer and picked up a copy of his notification and it shows it's shipped. It gives the vin # and it ends in 0000180 so guess mine might be PE#180.:2excited::yikes: Mine was ordered in Sept. but I don't remember the exact date. Hope everyone else is getting their's a soon. It'll be nice being able to deduct the sales tax.:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

2Gunns
12-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Dealer (Advantage Power Sports, K.C., MO) call me yesterday around noon and said he had a shipping notification from BRP for my new RT. I went by the dealer and picked up a copy of his notification and it shows it's shipped. It gives the vin # and it ends in 0000180 so guess mine might be PE#180.:2excited::yikes: Mine was ordered in Sept. but I don't remember the exact date. Hope everyone else is getting their's a soon. It'll be nice being able to deduct the sales tax.:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

AWESOME !!! so it's true, PE's have started rolling out. Now the real waitin' begins:2thumbs:
Happy Holidays YA'll

NancysToy
12-18-2009, 08:58 AM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Dwight
12-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Hey Frank3,

Did you order a SM or SE?. Since you're a neighbor maybe we can schedule some rides. I guess I should have ordered ours from your dealer, I didn't even know KC had two dealers until you ordered yours. Anyway no calls yet, I'm trying to NOT call my dealer but it's hard!

Dwight

jima1153
12-18-2009, 02:42 PM

I will give you a call when we get down there. Should arrive around the 14th of Jan.