PDA

View Full Version : Sunday drive

skypup
12-14-2009, 11:06 AM
My wife and I got our corbin seats on Saturday as well as cruising pegs. Guess where we were Sunday. Riding around south Texas for 290 miles. Felt great even after that. Bikes performed really well. A great clear and 70's riding day!

COOLMACHINE
12-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Hello Skypup,
Well the two questions I have for you are, how do you like the corbin seats and what type of highway pegs did you get and how do you like them as well? :)

nudle
12-14-2009, 11:51 AM
:gaah: sure rub it in. cold & 32 in Mississauga,just put the cover on the:spyder: for the winter. All I can do now in hope srping comes early.

skypup
12-14-2009, 12:06 PM
The corbin seats are money well spent. They just fit so well and are really comfortable. I experienced the stock seat on a 200 mile ride and the corbin on a 300. I could have kept on going with the corbin. You feel more "planted" on the bike with the corbin and don't shift around in the turns. It's the difference between riding a horse and sitting in a plush seat. My wife commented that our bikes actually feel better than our car. I'm not sure what brand the pegs are but maybe you will know from the pic. With the pegs your legs are further apart and the brake is either tapped with the heel of your foot or you entire foot is lifted and moved to the original position for braking. It takes a little getting use to but feels more comfy on a long ride. Hope this helps.

skypup
12-14-2009, 12:11 PM
:gaah: sure rub it in. cold & 32 in Mississauga,just put the cover on the:spyder: for the winter. All I can do now in hope srping comes early.

I use to work in Ohio and also lived in Pennsylvania. I am an avid radio control flyer (45 years). When we moved here I asked how many bad days there were and they said maybe 4 or 5.....I couldn't believe it. It really is nice not having to put the bikes away. Did that it the past. The coldest month in San Antonio is January and it averages 62F during the day. The summer heat can be brutal.

Yazz
12-15-2009, 10:03 AM
My wife and I got our corbin seats on Saturday as well as cruising pegs. Guess where we were Sunday. Riding around south Texas for 290 miles. Felt great even after that. Bikes performed really well. A great clear and 70's riding day!

Hubby and I are ryding from Houston to Big Bend this spring, staying away from the border. Your pics are so beautiful! Can you tell me which roads they were taken from? We would love to ryde them as part of our trip.

skypup
12-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Hubby and I are ryding from Houston to Big Bend this spring, staying away from the border. Your pics are so beautiful! Can you tell me which roads they were taken from? We would love to ryde them as part of our trip.

I wasn't leading but I believe we were taking 187 and 337 between Utopia and Leakey. Do a google satellite and you will see how hilly it is thru that area. A really enjoyable ride.

Yazz
12-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Thanks! Love hills and twisties.

skypup
12-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Your welcome. If you go to the 4:30 mark on this video it will give you a little sense of the terrain.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=125

Yazz
12-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Beautiful! Big Bend will be our first 'shake down cruise' for the Spydee and me. Hubby is the navigator (If you want to get lost, follow me...) and will be reading this thread tonight. Thanks for all the pics and info.

I'll be watching your video over and over waiting for spring.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Smylinacha
12-15-2009, 08:05 PM
70's! Nice! We're done w/ 70's till next year - very pretty pics - looks like nice riding country!

Director
12-15-2009, 08:32 PM
70's! Nice! We're done w/ 70's till next year - very pretty pics - looks like nice riding country!

I didn't much care for the 70's. Too much disco music. :(

Bruce

skypup
12-15-2009, 10:27 PM
I didn't much care for the 70's. Too much disco music. :(

Bruce

LOL

txknight67
12-16-2009, 09:03 PM

I think I recognize that road your on and I can imagine that is an awesome ride.:thumbup: I remember what it was like in a car. Couldn't tell you the name or number of it, but I think I know where that is. I miss that scenery.:(

txknight67
12-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Your welcome. If you go to the 4:30 mark on this video it will give you a little sense of the terrain.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=125

Yep. Now that I see this video I know exactly where you were. I'm jealous.:roflblack: