PDA

View Full Version : phone/dsl service in vegas

aka1004
12-12-2009, 01:34 PM
is there another carrier beside cox?
seems like cox has monopoly on everything...
i am moving to vegas this month and was looking into more option for tv,dsl service but seems like cox is it.
no dsl from att or other carrier.

Remmos
12-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Century Link took over for Embarq (sp) recently, providing services in the valley
http://www.centurylink.com/?pid=p_76087732

Jeff

aka1004
12-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Century Link took over for Embarq (sp) recently, providing services in the valley
http://www.centurylink.com/?pid=p_76087732

Jeff

thank you.
i been to their website but seems they may not cover henderson area but i will give them a call monday.

have you or anybody you know tried clear wimax service?

Remmos
12-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Not sure of other coverages, as I'm with cox for cable/phone/internet.
Clear is in valley also, but don't know about their service.
Jeff

aka1004
12-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Thank you for the info
I can not wait ryde without my helmet on!!!
Of course I will put my helmet on the freeway ryde^^

Remmos
12-14-2009, 11:07 PM
:hun:
Nevada requires helmets.

Some Guy
12-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Nevada requires helmets.

Make sure you tell that to Firefly!!! :roflblack: :roflblack:

aka1004
12-15-2009, 03:02 AM
Nevada requires helmets.

no helmet required for trikes thou.
i am sure it's same whether two wheels are in rear or front.:D
if i remember correctly,

no helmet required for trikes but must wear eyewear unless you have windshield to protect you, than eyewear is not required neither.

Remmos
12-15-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm not sure of the classification of the spyder in NV, but honestly never thought about riding it without a helmet.
agatt, well most of the time, but helmet all the time.

C3517C
12-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Sorry. The Spyder is not a trike in Nevada. Nevada Revised Statutes define a trike as being powered by 2 wheels. Nevada Spyders must have a helmet and MC license.
It's not so bad, you didn't really want to be a trike anyway, did you ?

aka1004
12-21-2009, 02:30 AM
Sorry. The Spyder is not a trike in Nevada. Nevada Revised Statutes define a trike as being powered by 2 wheels. Nevada Spyders must have a helmet and MC license.
It's not so bad, you didn't really want to be a trike anyway, did you ?

hmmm
i been here 3 days now and been ryding around without helmet on and even had few cops behind me and did not get pulled over...
i am guessing they were more interested in spyder than which 2 wheels were driving the spyder...

NRS 486.057 “Trimobile” defined. “Trimobile” means every motor vehicle designed to travel with three wheels in contact with the ground, two of which are power driven.
(Added to NRS by 1979, 856)
:cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus: :cus::cus::cus::cus:

spyder sure looks like a trike, just not in nevada i guess...
helmet should a be choice.

aka1004
12-21-2009, 02:45 AM
couple of more fun regulations in nevada...

• Motorcyclists may not pass or ride next to another vehicle in the same travel lane.
• Motorcycles may not be driven between vehicles in adjacent lanes even if the vehicles are stopped. Police officers are an exception. (NRS Chapter 486)

C3517C
12-21-2009, 09:18 PM
hmmm
i been here 3 days now and been ryding around without helmet on and even had few cops behind me and did not get pulled over...
i am guessing they were more interested in spyder than which 2 wheels were driving the spyder...

Well your right about that, you don't see alot of Spyders around here so nobody has really pressed the issue. Are you new in town, I was thinkin about getting a few together for a ride. Nothing drastic, maybe down to Wollow Beach or something.

aka1004
12-23-2009, 10:01 PM
hmmm

Well your right about that, you don't see alot of Spyders around here so nobody has really pressed the issue. Are you new in town, I was thinkin about getting a few together for a ride. Nothing drastic, maybe down to Wollow Beach or something.

i have not logged in for few days.
anyway i am always up for ryde even thou my spyder is completely stock right now:spyder2: and yes i just moved here.
as far as helmet goes, i think i will try to push my luck and see if any cop actually will give me ticket...

C3517C
12-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Stock Spyder doesn't matter. I'm going to head to Willow Beach this Saturday. It's about 15 miles on the other side of the dam. I'll try to see if anyone wants in. If your up for it let me know.

aka1004
12-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Stock Spyder doesn't matter. I'm going to head to Willow Beach this Saturday. It's about 15 miles on the other side of the dam. I'll try to see if anyone wants in. If your up for it let me know.

i have friends coming for new years from los angeles.
i guess i will have to miss this one but next one:thumbup:

C3517C
12-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Sounds good. Get you next time.