12-10-2009, 11:21 AM
in the 70's here... so decided to go with the top down to work...:2thumbs:

:roflblack::roflblack::ohyea::ohyea::roflblack:

tweeder
12-10-2009, 11:57 AM
About -25c with the wind chill here.

NancysToy
12-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Blizzard here. Eight inches since yesterday afternoon, on top of the 2-3 from the day before that the rain didn't melt. Winds 40 mph, wind chill minus 17 and dropping. Flash froze the overpasses yesterday, and I got rear ended in my truck (multiple times), but all is well (except with the F-150). The lake effect snow has shifted north for now, so I just blew the driveway. Spyder and bikes are napping. More snow expected the next two days. The drifts are mean! I fully expect them to call and say my RT-S came in, now that there is no prayer of riding it until Spring...LOL. Ah, the joys of living in West Michigan. :yikes:

mvengineer
12-10-2009, 01:26 PM
in the 70's here... so decided to go with the top down to work...:2thumbs:

:roflblack::roflblack::ohyea::ohyea::roflblack:

ya ya ya ya ya ya

Yazz
12-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Brrrrrrrrr!

Now I remember why we moved Down South. :ohyea:

Roger
12-10-2009, 01:49 PM
We got the same here in the hudson valley area of new york so i just kept passing it on to the more northeast direction sorry. I tink i am getting sick from it and we may have another one coming on sunday thanks to our spyder friends from the mid west. :coffee:

SpyderGirl
12-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Ten below here this morning, with 9" of snow......:gaah:

Been there, done that, got the snow shovel.

I do not miss having to dig out my car to go to work.

BillGargan
12-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Brrrrrrrrr!

He does live in the South . . . Southern NH. That is why he only got 4" to 5".

We got 9"+ up here in the White Mountain region of NH.

Some Guy
12-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Blizzard here. Eight inches since yesterday afternoon, on top of the 2-3 from the day before that the rain didn't melt. Winds 40 mph, wind chill minus 17 and dropping.

I'm only 70 miles northeast of you and we only got a couple inches of snow. :thumbup: However the winds and wind chills are BRUTAL! :yikes:

tatt2r
12-10-2009, 04:49 PM
He does live in the South . . . Southern NH. That is why he only got 4" to 5".

We got 9"+ up here in the White Mountain region of NH.

show off:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Dragonrider
12-10-2009, 05:01 PM
I'll put up with a bit of cold or wet weather as an even trade for thousands of miles of roads with no one else on them... :2thumbs:

retread
12-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Temps in the teens and the roads already white with salt. Think I'll dismantle it and start installing some stuff. Either that or hibernate.:D

john

rnet
12-10-2009, 05:30 PM
White Gold, can't wait to go snowmobiling. Roger you got a sled, Tug Hill is forcast for up to 4 feet by sat.

rnet
12-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Just cheched the web cam, got a foot since this morning.:ohyea:

rnet
12-10-2009, 06:17 PM
I lived there for a couple of years, still sick of snow........What did you do for a living, farming, lumber, tourism, or paper mills which is almost gone now.

PCBeachBum
12-10-2009, 06:34 PM
None of that :cus: here, Was 71, cloudy and showers yesterday and 51 today with sunny skies and a windchill at 60 mph. But with new ryding jacket, very toasty:D

Neez
12-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Went Xmas shopping on the SE5 today. Set the temperature reading to that odd Foreignheat scale, got 31F.( Freezes 32, boils 212? Mr. F got his numbers at a seance, right?). A little chilly on the legs. Thought about re-installing those ugly wind deflectors that came with my BRP 23 inch shield. Naw, I'd have to replace a couple of Dzus. Maybe I'll buy some Long John lowers for under my jeans. On the way out of the store a Yamaha rider sneers at me and sez, "Why do you need 2 wheels on the front of that thing?" I told him," Keeps the frame off the road. " . Threw it in reverse and took off while he was still back pedaling his bike out of the parking place.

ataDude
12-10-2009, 06:46 PM
... "Why do you need 2 wheels on the front of that thing?" I told him,"Keeps the frame off the road."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

truck 85
12-10-2009, 06:49 PM
On the way out of the store a Yamaha rider sneers at me and sez, "Why do you need 2 wheels on the front of that thing?" I told him," Keeps the frame off the road. " . Threw it in reverse and took off while he was still back pedaling his bike out of the parking place.[/QUOTE]

:clap::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :clap:
now that is funny

spydrn
12-10-2009, 07:35 PM
-14 and 6 inches of snow the other day...Now thats cold!!

Smylinacha
12-10-2009, 07:49 PM
We got like 4 inches at our house yesterday but it started raining after that - more like pouring. I'd rather see the snow - I like the snow!

We still have some on the ground but not much. It's cold out now though and very windy.

SpyderWolf
12-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I do feel sorry for all of you who have snow and do not like it.

It is colder here than it normally is, and they are saying we might actually have a chance for snow this weekend which is very unusual.

bone crusher
12-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Oh, come on everyone...snow is great...doesn't anyone here do anything but get on their Spyder? How about hittin' the slopes...certainly a bigger thrill than being on a bike!

Too bad it isn't just cold for only 2 months...get some skiing in and then back on the road!

burg650
12-10-2009, 10:59 PM
You snow riders are brave, my Spyder will never see snow in it's life well maybe it will if for some reason I have it on the trailer and I get caught in snow but wait a minute I would also never travel in any direction with snow in my path as my SSR also will not see any snow.

Some Guy
12-10-2009, 11:12 PM
You snow riders are brave, my Spyder will never see snow in it's life well maybe it will if for some reason I have it on the trailer and I get caught in snow but wait a minute I would also never travel in any direction with snow in my path as my SSR also will not see any snow.

WIMP! My Spyder sees snow...through the garage window! :roflblack:

BTW...your SSR was built 3 miles from my house...and that factory, which also built the Buick Reatta and several other specialty vehicles, was demolished last year. :( Big waste...the "Craft Center" was a great shop.

rnet
12-11-2009, 07:07 AM
White Gold, can't wait to go snowmobiling. Roger you got a sled, Tug Hill is forcast for up to 4 feet by sat.Most probably don't believe this.

Just cheched the web cam, got a foot since this morning.:ohyea:Snow level is now at two feet and still snowing. For those of us that like the seasons, this is winter wonderland. Vtrider, how are things by you.

Smylinacha
12-11-2009, 02:41 PM
I love the snow just because it's cool when you wake up in the morning, take your cup of coffee outside before all the hustle and bustle starts w/ rush hour and it's so quiet, calm and just gorgeous out! Then the sanders come and turn it all brown and ugly. But it's nice in the yard. CT is gay because we don't really have any slopes to ski on (they are all mole hills) and we aren't allowed to snowmobile - there is no state run area to do it in. But the snow is still pretty - at least we can go sledding which I haven't done in a long time. Seems like we don't get those big snow storms like we used to - usually rains afterwords and everything turns into slush or ice.

Oh, come on everyone...snow is great...doesn't anyone here do anything but get on their Spyder? How about hittin' the slopes...certainly a bigger thrill than being on a bike!

Too bad it isn't just cold for only 2 months...get some skiing in and then back on the road!

SpyderGirl
12-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Okay, here is my take on snow. First a background.... I am originally from the mid-west where I lived in Indianapolis for 19 years. Where I lived places to ride snowmobiles were limited to non-existent. Salt on the roads destroyed our cars and driving at night on country backroads with no street lights was both dangerous and trecherous.

Now don't get me wrong, I think snow is BEAUTIFUL! But driving in it SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS.... and having to dig your car out just to get to work also stinks. If I lived in a place where it snowed again it would have to be a place where I could take a snowmobile to my job or where I didn't have to drive anywhere in it.

If I was queen of the world :joke: it wouldn't snow on the roads and cars would dig themselves out of the snow banks that sometimes would bury your car so much that you couldn't find it.

So with that said I will just stay in here in Northern California... far enough away not to have to drive in it but close enough to see it. :)

retread
12-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Every time it snows, Tucson looks a little better.

john

mxz600
12-11-2009, 04:06 PM
White Gold, can't wait to go snowmobiling. Roger you got a sled, Tug Hill is forcast for up to 4 feet by sat.

Report from Michigan Interactive

Quote: Thursday December 10 2009: WOW!!!!
Yesterdays Massive storm dumped a good 8 to 14 inches of heavy snow across all of the northern lower, southwestern lower and upper peninsula. The heaviest amounts in the northern lower and eastern UP. LES has been falling steady through the snowbelt areas along Lake Michigan and Superior all night. Winds are shifting westerly for the day and most of Friday bringing Emmet County back in the bulls eye again. From Paradise to Baraga in the UP you will find plenty of snow with more falling. The northwest corner of the lower will be in the zone all day and I expect the most base in the lower will be in Emmet County. Temps are falling and we expect very cold nights the next several days setting up some great riding on groomed trails. Low wet areas have not yet froze so watch out for that. We will be riding the Moosejaw trail from the Crooked River Lodge in Alanson Saturday morning leaving about 10am. Your welcome to come along! DMG Unquote:

The UP is a snowmobilers paradise. The northwest lower isn't bad either. The southwest lower where I live isn't bad but we get a lot of thaws in between our snows that can make things less than desirable. I was out last night and will be out again tonight. Snowmobiling is crazy fun.

skypup
12-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Brrrrrrrrr!

Us too:clap: Going to be 70 here Sunday. I feel a ride coming on.

mxz600
12-11-2009, 04:57 PM

I feel a ride coming on too. But it's going to be in the white powder not on the black asphalt. I'm sure your ride will be enjoyable, mine is going to be exhilarating. Have fun, I know I will.

rnet
12-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Report from Michigan Interactive

Quote: Thursday December 10 2009: WOW!!!!
Yesterdays Massive storm dumped a good 8 to 14 inches of heavy snow across all of the northern lower, southwestern lower and upper peninsula. The heaviest amounts in the northern lower and eastern UP. LES has been falling steady through the snowbelt areas along Lake Michigan and Superior all night. Winds are shifting westerly for the day and most of Friday bringing Emmet County back in the bulls eye again. From Paradise to Baraga in the UP you will find plenty of snow with more falling. The northwest corner of the lower will be in the zone all day and I expect the most base in the lower will be in Emmet County. Temps are falling and we expect very cold nights the next several days setting up some great riding on groomed trails. Low wet areas have not yet froze so watch out for that. We will be riding the Moosejaw trail from the Crooked River Lodge in Alanson Saturday morning leaving about 10am. Your welcome to come along! DMG Unquote:

The UP is a snowmobilers paradise. The northwest lower isn't bad either. The southwest lower where I live isn't bad but we get a lot of thaws in between our snows that can make things less than desirable. I was out last night and will be out again tonight. Snowmobiling is crazy fun. I would like to come to the UP and ride, but I have to wait till they get soom real snowfall. 2.5 feet on the hill now and still snowing. I was on Tug Hill a few years back (Dec 2001) when they got the record snowfall for the US. 127" 24 hour period, yep, thats over 10 feet.

max continuous
12-11-2009, 05:21 PM
'Nuff said!:shocked:
Max

rnet
12-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Lake Clear/ Saranac Lake see those kind of temps from time to time and I have snowmobiled at those temps, but you better have it all together or it spells trouble.

txknight67
12-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Went Xmas shopping on the SE5 today. Set the temperature reading to that odd Foreignheat scale, got 31F.( Freezes 32, boils 212? Mr. F got his numbers at a seance, right?). A little chilly on the legs. Thought about re-installing those ugly wind deflectors that came with my BRP 23 inch shield. Naw, I'd have to replace a couple of Dzus. Maybe I'll buy some Long John lowers for under my jeans. On the way out of the store a Yamaha rider sneers at me and sez, "Why do you need 2 wheels on the front of that thing?" I told him," Keeps the frame off the road. " . Threw it in reverse and took off while he was still back pedaling his bike out of the parking place.

:agree::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack :

txknight67
12-11-2009, 07:40 PM
'Nuff said!:shocked:
Max

:cus: THAT! Saw -65 indicated in Fairbanks, AK once. Enough for me. Nothing is made to function in that :cus:. Oil is like caramel, rubber is hard as the asphalt you're trying to drive on....:gaah:

txknight67
12-11-2009, 07:43 PM

When I moved from SA 5 years ago, I knew the weather would be the only thing I would miss. Didn't know about the Spyder then, now I would miss the rydes out through the hill country too, but that is it.

ozzie
12-11-2009, 09:57 PM

We had snow in houston texas last week 1/2"…woohoo. 40 degrees is to cold for me to ryde, I don't know how you all do it:congrats: . looking forward to 60+ degree weather this weekend.
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww264/ozzierios/HPIM0588.jpg

SpyderWolf
12-12-2009, 10:02 AM
It is currently 40 degrees here, and that is supposed to be our low and high temp for the day. We have a 90% chance of rain to go along with that, so I am not planning on doing much of anything outside today. I have ridden in the rain plenty of times, but don't really feel like combining that with the cold right now at all.

max continuous
12-13-2009, 03:09 PM
O.K. enough is enough!

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/common/images/warnings/logo_environmentcanada_en.gif Wind Chill Warning : Woodlands Co. near Whitecourt and Blue Ridge Issued at 10:36 AM MST Sunday 13 December 2009

Extreme wind chills today and tonight. This is a warning that extreme wind chill conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

A cold Arctic airmass has moved into Alberta dropping temperatures well below normal values. These cold temperatures combined with winds of 15 to 20 km/h are producing wind chill values below minus 40. Wind chills are expected to remain near or below minus 40 into Monday. Temperatures will remain below normal till midway through the week when the Arctic airmass gradually exits the province. At these extreme wind chill values frostbite on exposed skin may occur in less than 5 minutes.

LDFIREWORKS
12-13-2009, 05:11 PM
i would like to be there for 1 or 2 days:2thumbs:

max continuous
12-13-2009, 05:48 PM
How about a trade?
You can even use my house. We set records today for temp. It was -46c this morning with a wind chill of -59c!!:gaah:
Anyone in the warm states have any use for a 48 yr. old helicopter pilot with over 10,000 hrs.?
I'm really getting tired of living in a country that has 11 months of winter and 1 month of crappy skiing!:gaah:
Ah well.....this to shall pass.
Max

vtrider
12-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Most probably don't believe this.

Snow level is now at two feet and still snowing. For those of us that like the seasons, this is winter wonderland. Vtrider, how are things by you.

I have some snow on the ground, but not much at all. I guess in the Northeast some areas received about 1 foot of snow. The snowmobile season is just around the corner. I'm still looking to sell my sled. If I do I will look into buying a new one.