PDA

View Full Version : Header Pipe Heat Shield

M2Wild
12-09-2009, 01:56 PM
I am considering adding heat shield to the header pipes to reduce temp under the seat. I know most of you have used the tape wrap method but I would like to know if anyone here have tried the clamp on shield (see pic). It seems to be easier to install yet still be able to reduce the compartment temp (definitely not as effective as the wrap). I also wonder if it will promote the "burn spot" on the exaust can (I have a Hindle).

Pogo
12-18-2009, 12:35 AM
I am considering adding heat shield to the header pipes to reduce temp under the seat. I know most of you have used the tape wrap method but I would like to know if anyone here have tried the clamp on shield (see pic). It seems to be easier to install yet still be able to reduce the compartment temp (definitely not as effective as the wrap). I also wonder if it will promote the "burn spot" on the exaust can (I have a Hindle).

I've thought about this a few times and couldn't see how it would be as effective as an insulating wrap. The left panel on my :spyder2: gets hot enough to be uncomfortable, and I'm thinking of wrapping the header (but also concerned about where the heat will turn up). Did you try this out?

Cheers;

Pogo.