PDA

View Full Version : Story about a Spyder that can't get out of jail

Spyder#353
12-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Was told bike would be ready to come home today. If they ordered the part from BRP Thursday. It takes 3 days. Not for me though. I called this afternoon. Talked to a guy on the counter in service. He pulled my chain with this story. Assistant manager couldn't fine my cell number, to call me and give me an update. Bull crap, All he had to do was look at my work order. I will have my bike home for this weekend one way or another. Hope to ride it. But, putting it on a trailer isn't out if the question ether. Where is BRP. I thought they monitored this web site? This weekend it will be 7 weeks. :gaah::yikes::dontknow::cus::(:pray::mad:nojoke:sh ocked:

Smylinacha
12-08-2009, 08:28 PM
OK, i'm not following. Your bike is in the shop for what - steering issue? Why would you want to ride it if there is a problem w/ it?

Was told bike would be ready to come home today. If they ordered the part from BRP Thursday. It takes 3 days. Not for me though. I called this afternoon. Talked to a guy on the counter in service. He pulled my chain with this story. Assistant manager couldn't fine my cell number, to call me and give me an update. Bull crap, All he had to do was look at my work order. I will have my bike home for this weekend one way or another. Hope to ride it. But, putting it on a trailer isn't out if the question ether. Where is BRP. I thought they monitored this web site? This weekend it will be 7 weeks. :gaah::yikes::dontknow::cus::(:pray::mad:nojoke:sh ocked:

burg650
12-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Consider yourself lucky, a friend of mine spyder has been at dealer since early august.

Spyder#353
12-08-2009, 09:35 PM
OK, i'm not following. Your bike is in the shop - steering issue? Why would you want to ride it if there is a problem w/ it?

You haven't been following a long with my on going BS about my bike. It isn't the steering that was fix months ago. Issues are the problem. I'm not typing it all over again. If you want to know. Start looking at my post from 10/19 to present. That's the day my bike went into the shop. 7 weeks ago.

Smylinacha
12-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Oh, FL - I met you at the BBQ - now I remember - you have the naked lady bike!

Well go get yer bike and get it out of there but if it has issues, I don't think I'd wanna be ryding it - not worth getting yourself into a possible accident or anything.

Not going do you any good to try and ryde it when it has issues. 7 weeks is rediculous crazy time in the shop. Can't blame you for being mad. Maybe a nice letter fired off to BRP might help. But you gotta send it to the top dogs. I did that with my bank about a month ago - got an email right to the President. I got my problem solved w/in the very same day I emailed him. After waiting a week w/ a customer service rep which did no good at all. Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

You haven't been following a long with my on going BS about my bike. It isn't the steering that was fix months ago. Issues are the problem. I'm not typing it all over again. If you want to know. Start looking at my post from 10/19 to present. That's the day my bike went into the shop. 7 weeks ago.

deanarm
12-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Sorry your bike has been in the shop so long. In 4 day's it will be 3 months for mine. It striped the output shaft and pulley splines. Waited a month for parts and rest well it has been the shop. They had alot of excuse's and would be acceptable except that there are so many. I think what it amounts to is the fact that warranty work does not pay as well as work coming out of the consumers pocket. They have a limited number of people with the experience to do the work of a complete tear down. These guys or gals are trying to making a living like all of us so they work a little on warranty and alot on other work. Just my thought still I want my D____ bike back.

dvmdf
12-09-2009, 12:39 AM
According to CA Lemon law, the dealer has 30 days to repair the vehicle. After that you have the grounds to return it and get your money back. You can try to play that card with them and hope that it will get the wheels turning

NancysToy
12-09-2009, 08:32 AM
According to CA Lemon law, the dealer has 30 days to repair the vehicle. After that you have the grounds to return it and get your money back. You can try to play that card with them and hope that it will get the wheels turning
Unfortunately, only 22 states have lemon laws that cover motorcycles. The conditions vary from state to state, where laws exist. For a good summary, see here (http://www.ohiolemonlaw.com/state-motorcycle-lemon-law.html).

docdoru
12-09-2009, 08:58 AM
FL Lemon Law doesn't cover the motorcycles (http://home.ama-cycle.org/amaccess/laws/result.asp?state=fl ). However, there are some hints to help your case:
-"nonconformity" means a defect or condition in a motor vehicle caused by a manufacturer, distributor, dealer, or repairing agent that substantially impairs the use or market value of a vehicle;
-"reasonable allowance" means an amount attributable to an owner's use of a motor vehicle; a "reasonable allowance" may not exceed an amount equal to the depreciation in value of the vehicle for the period during which the vehicle is available for use by the owner, calculated by a straight line depreciation method over seven years, plus an amount equal to the depreciation in value of the vehicle that is caused by;
-"substantially impairs the market value" means a nonconformity that substantially decreases the dollar value of a vehicle to the owner when compared to the dollar value of a similar vehicle that does not have the nonconformity;
-"substantially impairs the use" means a nonconformity that prevents a motor vehicle from being operated or makes the vehicle unsafe to operate.

fastfraser
12-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Man i going to have to be a Lawyer to read this forum ! :roflblack::roflblack:

boborgera
12-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Man i going to have to be a Lawyer to read this forum ! :roflblack::roflblack:

You'll need to find one from '' PHILADELPHIA'' :joke:

hondaman
12-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Its not the spyder thats the problem.My other BRP product was in the shop for 2 months,nothing hard to do,nothing on backorder.They had the parts for a long time.I was just put on the back burner because it was warr. work.Customer pay pays more.I would not have it back now If I had not been a b***h.
I have had the same problems with the spyder also.All this with 2 different dealers.

SpyderWolf
12-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Wow, I thought you might actually have the Spyder back already. Very sorry to hear you are still going through this.

Spyder#353
12-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Sorry your bike has been in the shop so long. In 4 day's it will be 3 months for mine. It striped the output shaft and pulley splines. Waited a month for parts and rest well it has been the shop. They had alot of excuse's and would be acceptable except that there are so many. I think what it amounts to is the fact that warranty work does not pay as well as work coming out of the consumers pocket. They have a limited number of people with the experience to do the work of a complete tear down. These guys or gals are trying to making a living like all of us so they work a little on warranty and alot on other work. Just my thought still I want my D____ bike back.

I know just how you feel.