PDA

View Full Version : Yakima to Vancover WA

ned64
05-25-2024, 11:37 PM
Thursday morning, wife and I on my '22 RTL rode down Hwy 97 to Goldendale. Went past to the Centerville turn off couple miles south of Goldendale. Went out thru Centerville into some nice mountains and dropped down to Lyle on Hwy 14. Headed west to Stevenson. Had tacos and talked to the owner of the food trailer. Onward to Vancouver. Stopped at the Spyder dealer Pro-Caliber. Saw a red RTL, an S2S, and a bunch of black RTL's and a blue RT with no trunk. No price marked on any of them, all '24s. I left and went to a Cycle Gear store and looked at helmets. Went another block or two to Hula Boys and ate chicken and beef teriyaki. Split the order with the wife. Left and went to a hotel back up the street. Friday morning went back to Cycle Gear and got a new helmet. Headed back east on Hwy 14th. At Stevenson, I gassed up the Spyder and had a burrito and tacos. On east to Dallesport and to Shriner's Farm. No cost to drive in and look at the animals. Zebra's, camel's, giraffe's, reindeer, and antelope. Back on 14 east to 97 north passed Goldendale to the Greek Monastery for coffee and a snack. On back to Yakima. Gassed up the Spyder and then on to the house. Followed a new bus from the Monastery to Toppenish. The Spyder ran just fine following him at 70 to 80 mph. Had a good ride. Some words are spelled wrong, but if you rode this ride, they'll be easy to understand. Nathan in Yakima.

ned64
05-25-2024, 11:44 PM
Well I wrote up a story. But I somehow, I have it posted at the bottom of the Bickelton ride. I know I'm getting old, but damn! So if you'd like to read it, go to the bottom post of mine on the Bickelton ride thread. Sorry.

Peter Aawen
05-26-2024, 03:40 AM
Well I wrote up a story. But I somehow, I have it posted at the bottom of the Bickelton ride. I know I'm getting old, but damn! So if you'd like to read it, go to the bottom post of mine on the Bickelton ride thread. Sorry.

Fixed it for you Nathan! :thumbup:

Bloody good read tho, I just wish it wasn't quite so far for me to get there and follow in your Spyder Tracks! :sour: