PDA

View Full Version : Accessories

Dwight
12-06-2009, 06:42 PM
I 've seen a number of posts on several forums about what accessories you ordered when you ordered your RT-S. When I inquired about ordering the intercom for the PE RT-S SE they said that since all of the accessories were installed at the dealer that I couldn't order them. I'd just have to wait for them to get what I wanted and then have them install it. Anybody know the real story? It just doesn't sound right to me, I don't think I've ever had a salesman tell me they couldn't order them for me. Anyway still anxiously awaiting the phone call telling me that mine is here.

Dwight

NancysToy
12-06-2009, 08:06 PM
I 've seen a number of posts on several forums about what accessories you ordered when you ordered your RT-S. When I inquired about ordering the intercom for the PE RT-S SE they said that since all of the accessories were installed at the dealer that I couldn't order them. I'd just have to wait for them to get what I wanted and then have them install it. Anybody know the real story? It just doesn't sound right to me, I don't think I've ever had a salesman tell me they couldn't order them for me. Anyway still anxiously awaiting the phone call telling me that mine is here.

Dwight
Sounds like a dog and pony show to me, too. There is a part number and that should make it simple for them to order one for you. There is also no mention anywhere that they are only a dealer installed option. I'd have him show you something in writing from BRP to that effect, if he sticks to his guns. I wonder if the dealers that go this route will charge extra for installation then, or if that is supposedly included in the price. It would explain the high tariff. It is possible, BTW, that the machine will need to be hooked to BUDS to reprogram the digital display to know the CB/Comm System is there, and to integrate it properly. I don't think anyone has seen the installation instructions for any of these accessories yet.

blaquevenus
12-07-2009, 11:37 AM
I ordered my accessories at the time of ordering the RT, I did have to 2 pay a seperate deposit 4 my accessories. I was told that it was cheaper for me to order at the same time that way I would pay little or nothing for installation since they would be adding everything at the time of build.
Hope they clear things up for you.

*BlaqueVenus*

NancysToy
12-07-2009, 12:14 PM
I ordered my accessories at the time of ordering the RT, I did have to 2 pay a seperate deposit 4 my accessories. I was told that it was cheaper for me to order at the same time that way I would pay little or nothing for installation since they would be adding everything at the time of build.
Hope they clear things up for you.

*BlaqueVenus*
Every dealer seems to do things slightly differently. My single accessory was added to my order, as were the accessories purchased with our GS Spyder. If the dealer will install free under those circumstances, it is a bargain. Labor rates averaging $80-$90 an hour add up fast. There is an additional advantage to having the dealer install accessories at the time of delivery. If they do, the accessories listed on the warranty form as installed, are covered for the same warranty period as the Spyder (2 years). Otherwise, they are only warranteed for 90 days or something like that.

blaquevenus
12-07-2009, 01:32 PM
... There is an additional advantage to having the dealer install accessories at the time of delivery. If they do, the accessories listed on the warranty form as installed, are covered for the same warranty period as the Spyder (2 years). Otherwise, they are only warranteed for 90 days or something like that.

That is good to know! I didn't know that its covered under the 2yr warranty. I added about $6K in accessories, ie., trailer, hitch, XM, CB, then other stuff, LOL, I didn't mind putting the $$ down, got an excellent deal on everything. I didn't inquire about the extended warranty, but I think I will, b4 delivery.
Thanx 4 the info. Scotty:2thumbs:

NancysToy
12-07-2009, 06:21 PM
That is good to know! I didn't know that its covered under the 2yr warranty. I added about $6K in accessories, ie., trailer, hitch, XM, CB, then other stuff, LOL, I didn't mind putting the $$ down, got an excellent deal on everything. I didn't inquire about the extended warranty, but I think I will, b4 delivery.
Thanx 4 the info. Scotty:2thumbs:
Make sure the dealer lists the accessories on the warranty registration you sign. Otherwise the coverage isn't assured. It has a spot for it on the registration form.

Dwight
12-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the info, guys.

I called my dealer after I read the replies to see what was going on. He said that he ordered my comunication unit right after he sent the order in for the PE. I remember we had a lengthly discussion about whether I needed the CB or not. They finally decided that I did need it in order to have rider to passenger communication. He said that they were ordering xtra supplies of the accessories to have on stock and did mention that mine would be installed as part of the dealer setup. He also told me the my order for the PE SE was the first E-shift PE ordered. I don't know if that means anything or not but I'm hoping that means that I'll be close to the top of the list!

Thanks again guys,
Dwight

8 Legged Freak
12-11-2009, 02:00 AM
When did you place your order for your RT-S?

Dwight
12-11-2009, 08:01 AM
November 14th. Salesman I talked to about the accessories said he thought I would get a January delivery. Here's hoping!

Dwight