PDA

View Full Version : Russell seat

Amanda B
12-06-2009, 07:45 AM
So, I've talked to the company (Russell) and they are saying that the back rest is completely removable. Is this true? I thought someone told me that you could not remove the backrest entirely, that the post still remains??

retread
12-06-2009, 01:03 PM
On my Russell, the backrest pad is removable, the support is not. They may have changed their design, if they have, mine's going back in for mods.

john

Amanda B
12-06-2009, 01:15 PM
I did ask them about this, the lady I was talking to said give it a good tug and it comes off. I asked clearly if it was the entire back rest. She said the L bar (which I am assuming is the post) and the pad remove with a good tug. I'm just trying to make sure before I order a seat. I'll see if I can find the e-mail and post the response to see if anyone else can.

Here it is:

The backrest is removable and adjustable. There is hardware put into the passengers seat. The L bar and pad remove from that with a good tug. If you are going to get risers then you will need to take the photos for the build after they are installed. An order form is what will start the process.
Heather

Extracool
12-06-2009, 04:47 PM
The backrest slides all the way out leaving no hardware,but why remove something so great to use? The best seat I have ever ridden on ,on a motorcycle.I have a bad back and beleive me this does the trick, no pressure on the tail bone,no whipping your back in the curves, worth every penny.:2thumbs:

Amanda B
12-06-2009, 05:04 PM
I think the backrest is nice for longer rides...shorter ones...I don't want it on there.

retread
12-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Amanda, I was taking the tupperware off my Spyder today and got curious about the backrest. Found out it will come off, or maybe out, if you pull forward, not up, maybe I should pay closer attention.:yikes:

john

Amanda B
12-07-2009, 09:21 PM
At least we both know for sure now. I guess for your next ride when you feel confined now you know that you can remove it! :clap: Now, my mind is set, I will be getting a Russell hopefully before spring.

NancysToy
12-07-2009, 10:37 PM
At least we both know for sure now. I guess for your next ride when you feel confined now you know that you can remove it! :clap: Now, my mind is set, I will be getting a Russell hopefully before spring.
Check and see if they have their usual discount thing going on (although it may be too late. You may want to order now.