PDA

View Full Version : RT-S Premier vs non Premier

Laura-NH
12-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Hi all. Been lurking a while since seeing a non-working RT-S at the Grass Drags back in October. I finally got to test drive one today before the snow started - I am in LOVE! It was only about 38 degrees and I didn't even need gloves due to the heated grips. Reverse is awesome!

Does anyone know the difference between the RT-S Premier Edition vs the non-Premier Edition? I thought it was just the iPod and the numbered seat. The dealer was telling me that the non-Premier one didn't include the cover, and was not available in black. He also was telling me that the Premier edition MSRP was $500 more.

Any info is appreciated.

Laura
Future RT-S owner - hopefully

Lamonster
12-05-2009, 04:31 PM
welcome
The ipod and the seat being numbered is the only thing for sure I know about. You should be able to order it in any color.

I just got back from a snow ride at 34 degrees and the heated grips were great. :2thumbs:

NancysToy
12-05-2009, 05:34 PM
My understanding is that the RT-S comes standard with the Travel Cover, while the RT and RT-A&C do not. It shouldn't matter what color. All the demos have the travel cover, and they are not PE versions. The PE pre-order form speaks only of the iPod and numbered seat. On the other hand, the $500 higher MSRP for the PE is not accurate. Your dealer is either misinformed, or is trying to extract a premium price.

I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer was unable to order a non-PE black Spyder at this time. They may not have been made available until the PEs are sold out or the order deadline (which was extended) passes. There are model designations in the BRP parts system for SM5 and SE5 Timeless Black RT-S PE Spyders, Timeless Black standard RT-S Spyders, and the blue RT-S Spyders, as well as the other colors and versions. Eventually they will be produced.

Sam
12-20-2009, 11:02 PM
welcome
The ipod and the seat being numbered is the only thing for sure I know about. You should be able to order it in any color.

When I ordered my RT-S PE, I wanted it in Blue, but my dealer says his BRP Rep., told him it was only available in Black. I really wanted the Blue one, because I live on a dirt road a half mile off the blacktop, and I can see myself in a never ending dusting ritual when I leave my home.

NancysToy
12-20-2009, 11:35 PM
When I ordered my RT-S PE, I wanted it in Blue, but my dealer says his BRP Rep., told him it was only available in Black. I really wanted the Blue one, because I live on a dirt road a half mile off the blacktop, and I can see myself in a never ending dusting ritual when I leave my home.
You can get the RT-S or RT A&C in blue, but you cannot get the PE version in anything but Timeless Black.

Lamonster
12-21-2009, 08:29 AM

This is what she said.

The dealer was telling me that the non-Premier one didn't include the cover, and was not available in black.PE only comes in black, you can get a non-Premier RT in any color depending on your options. Seeing you ordered a PE it will only come in black.

fastfraser
12-21-2009, 01:14 PM
welcome You won't be disappointed !!

wcc002
12-26-2009, 09:47 PM
On 10/22/09 when at the dealership for a test ride on the RT when the BRP truck and representatives were there, a BRP rep. told me that PEs were now available in blue and would be produced after the black ones. I ordered blue with the trailer that day and according to my purchase agreement and the BRP rep. standing in the room with us, I will be getting a leather jacket, stitched & numbered seat, nano, and leather gloves as well from BRP.

Big Arm
12-26-2009, 10:39 PM
wcc002, keep us posted after yours is delivered. Everything I've read, the PE only comes in black,. I think your rep may have been mistaken.:popcorn:

wcc002
12-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Will do.

DannyS
12-28-2009, 09:20 PM
The sales guy here showed me a price list his owner made up (and I do mean made up) all the prices were marked up then marked down and still over MSRP. It also showed a $500 higher price for blue which should sell the same price as the silver or black.

NancysToy
12-28-2009, 09:27 PM
The sales guy here showed me a price list his owner made up (and I do mean made up) all the prices were marked up then marked down and still over MSRP. It also showed a $500 higher price for blue which should sell the same price as the silver or black.
MSRP is just that, Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. The dealer can set the prices wherever he pleases. It is unfortunate that some choose to use these deceptive tactics. All we can do is hope that smart customers read the BRP publicity and prices, and that they shop elsewhere. Eventually these "stealers" will go out of business.

lawrenc454
12-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Anyone want to share if they are paying more than PDI or how much the dealer is going to charge to install the CB, XM and GPS? Mine quoted 4 hours at $120/hour. Congratulations to those that have gotten theirs and the rest of us are waiting to join your club. :2thumbs:

wcc002
12-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Why do we have to pay installation charges? When purchasing a car with a radio, we don't pay a separate installation charge. And at delivery of the Spyders, dealers have to complete final assembly anyway.

Wheeler~
12-28-2009, 11:08 PM
Anyone want to share if they are paying more than PDI or how much the dealer is going to charge to install the CB, XM and GPS? Mine quoted 4 hours at $120/hour. Congratulations to those that have gotten theirs and the rest of us are waiting to join your club. :2thumbs:
I actually had a dealership here in FL quoting $2749.99 for the RT-S. I told them I had a quote of $23,399 plus $400 in aftermarket accessories included. I asked if they would match the price and I was told they wouldn't match or even lower their price. I told them our local dealership closed about 4 months ago and when I added they closed due to lack of sales, they asked me where I planned on getting my Spyder serviced. I'm purchasing out of state as a result.

lawrenc454
12-29-2009, 09:11 PM
BTW, I must be spacially, alphetically and numerically challenged more than usual. I don't understand your graphic below your message. Have a great holiday. Lonnie

Jornie1
12-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Now that's a deal... I'll take three. Gotta be a missing zero in there somewhere...

I actually had a dealership here in FL quoting $2749.99 for the RT-S. I told them I had a quote of $23,399 plus $400 in aftermarket accessories included. I asked if they would match the price and I was told they wouldn't match or even lower their price. I told them our local dealership closed about 4 months ago and when I added they closed due to lack of sales, they asked me where I planned on getting my Spyder serviced. I'm purchasing out of state as a result.

dltang
12-29-2009, 09:32 PM
BTW, I must be spacially, alphetically and numerically challenged more than usual. I don't understand your graphic below your message. Have a great holiday. Lonnie

If I am looking at it correctly, it appears to be a monkey holding a sign that says spyder RT. Look at the top line and you will see the eyes, the next line is the face. You will clearly see the feet and then legs after you get the idea of how it is put together. I think the oo's on top and bottom of all the rows of T's are the hands holding the sign. At least that is what I see.

jima1153
12-29-2009, 10:59 PM
On 10/22/09 when at the dealership for a test ride on the RT when the BRP truck and representatives were there, a BRP rep. told me that PEs were now available in blue and would be produced after the black ones. I ordered blue with the trailer that day and according to my purchase agreement and the BRP rep. standing in the room with us, I will be getting a leather jacket, stitched & numbered seat, nano, and leather gloves as well from BRP.

wcc, I was told the same and thats what I ordered. My dealer then found out that the blue PE was not offered. My dealer told me that he would swap skins to make mine blue. Again the BRP rep told the both of us that the PE's did come in blue when I was at the non-running demo day. I'm in Illinois so you obviously had a different rep with you. I don't know if it was bad info or they were thinking about producing a blue model and then decided not to. Personally, I like the black too, but my 09 is a phantom, and I think the blue will hide dust a little better than the black. :thumbup:

Sarge707
12-30-2009, 02:38 PM
If I am looking at it correctly, it appears to be a monkey holding a sign that says spyder RT. Look at the top line and you will see the eyes, the next line is the face. You will clearly see the feet and then legs after you get the idea of how it is put together. I think the oo's on top and bottom of all the rows of T's are the hands holding the sign. At least that is what I see.

Your Amazing!!!! After LOOKING a while, Thats Exactly what it is!!!!!:agree:

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!

Roaddog2
12-30-2009, 07:34 PM
wcc002, keep us posted after yours is delivered. Everything I've read, the PE only comes in black,. I think your rep may have been mistaken.:popcorn:And they said they were only gone to make 2500 08 PE :spyder:rs
I would say BRP is known for changing the deal in the middle of a run.Since they said they were gone to do 1500 RT PE and sales seem to be a little slow I can see them offering it in Blue also and not caring about the people that wanted blue that ordered black but will say Timeless Black looks great I'm sure the Blue is to :doorag:

SC_DOC
03-15-2010, 06:49 AM
How many Premier Edition RTS bikes were produced?

ThreeWheels
03-15-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm confused. I have an RT S non PE version. No number on the seat.
I have the IPOD cable, the MP3 cable, and a large cover, which stored takes up the whole front trunk.
What am I missing besides a number on my seat ?

Jester
03-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Nada Thing!:D

The cover also fits nicely in the left rear compartment.

Lamonster
03-16-2010, 06:36 AM
I'm confused. I have an RT S non PE version. No number on the seat.
I have the IPOD cable, the MP3 cable, and a large cover, which stored takes up the whole front trunk.
What am I missing besides a number on my seat ?
An ipod

Wheeler~
03-16-2010, 09:22 AM
An ipod
Good eyes there Lamont!