PDA

View Full Version : Different take on a trailer...

WackyDan
12-05-2009, 12:43 AM
http://www.uni-go.com/ Funky.

http://www.schoolhousemcacc.com/images/GL181.jpg

Some Guy
12-05-2009, 01:21 AM
But can you get it with a turbo?! ;)

fastfraser
12-05-2009, 07:17 AM
Looked at those, pretty neat,just unhook it and wheel the whole thing into your hotel room !

WackyDan
12-05-2009, 09:18 AM
But can you get it with a turbo?! ;)

No.. But it is where you put the extra 300-400cc that you'd like to have on the Spyder. ;)

WackyDan
12-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Looked at those, pretty neat,just unhook it and wheel the whole thing into your hotel room !

Pricey for the size, but I may consider if I do more touring. Plus the fact that I can store that in my shed so it's not stored outside or taking up even more space I do not have in my garage.

bone crusher
12-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Pricey for the size, but I may consider if I do more touring. Plus the fact that I can store that in my shed so it's not stored outside or taking up even more space I do not have in my garage.

Neat concept...I would think you lose space...it also looks like you might get away with putting a dog or person in it if you can secure them??

It will help you with garage space, something I lack right now...argh!

Smylinacha
12-05-2009, 07:44 PM
OK, just being honest here - that trailer looks like the aftermath of a dudey that didn't get wiped off the butt.

OK, and even though HDX says it's actually a good trailer and am I sure I want to post this - well yes, I am sure cuz, just my opinion, I think it's butt ugly and it looks like a dudey.

NancysToy
12-05-2009, 10:15 PM
The Uni-Go trailers have been around for a while. They actually are quite neat. They also look pretty neat and different, and will hold more than it appears they would. The single wheel allows them to lean with the bike, so you don't need a swivel hitch. This is their main attraction, but would be a useless feature behind a Spyder. Behind a two wheel, though, they will carve a mean corner, and it is easy to forget they are there. I considered getting one to tow with my BMW.

pauly1
12-06-2009, 11:14 AM
OK, just being honest here - that trailer looks like the aftermath of a dudey that didn't get wiped off the butt.

OK, and even though HDX says it's actually a good trailer and am I sure I want to post this - well yes, I am sure cuz, just my opinion, I think it's butt ugly and it looks like a dudey.

We just never know what you're thinking! I don't even want you to see my big 'un - a 20 ft^3 Cyclemate(tm) 2-wheeler. But it's Vivid Black and matches my '07 Ultra.

Prof: although I'm not a race-bred rider, the main difficulty I notice with my trailer is at low speed maneuvers (like a parking lot) with the bike in a turn. The extra tug pulls lateral to the bike path, requiring a bit more concentration to execute the turn. I haven't tried the trailer, though, after installing the Bagger Brace rear stabilizer.

Wayne

Donzo
12-06-2009, 12:14 PM
I see it falling on its side and getting messed up in the garage/when taking off the bike....not free standing - free falling :gaah:

NancysToy
12-06-2009, 12:40 PM
I see it falling on its side and getting messed up in the garage/when taking off the bike....not free standing - free falling :gaah:
Actually the wheel is toward the back, but it is flat toward the front and the towbar is high, so it sits down nicely. Also easy to wheel around like a wheelbarrow. It may look odd, but they handle nicely, and are quite practical. Won't hold 24 cubic feet of cargo, but will easily double the cargo capacity of any bagger, including the topcase.

Arachnid
12-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Neat Looking!
Probably more suited for a two wheel pull than a three wheel vehicle.
Looks like it was made to lean with the machine. :D

Mike

NancysToy
12-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Neat Looking!

Mike
Exactly!

Star Cruiser
12-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Neat Looking!

Mike
:agree:
I know three uys who have these and they love 'em. Personally, I am not a trailer guy and find I have more than enough room between my Corbin bags and trunk. I think the uni-wheel is more suited for a two wheeler than a Spyder. The guys handle that trailer really nicely on cruisers. A VTX. RoadStar & V-Star 1100 seem to fit like a glove with it.

WackyDan
12-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Neat Looking!

Mike

I imagine you could change that leaning to be more suited for a Spyder.

I tend to like different or odd things... Hence buying a Spyder. :f_spider:

This trailer just seems too cool, nice and lite weight, and easy to store. On the other hand, you're not going to be carrying a spare tire with it like you would/could with a regular trailer... so that is something to consider.

The spare is one of the reasons I liked that one trailer that was custom made to match the spyder using the same wheels and rims as the Spyder itself. That way the only tire you are really worried about is the rear if it fails as that trailer has a spare. Too bad many have found that trailer to be an over priced piece of junk.