PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help with these 2020+ RT Drivebelt Specs?

New Guy
04-30-2024, 07:38 PM
Hello All,

I'm hoping to get 3 specific specifications for the drivebelt, as follows:
Weight in g/m
Width in mm
Span (the distance of the longest run of the belt between first contact points of the drive and driven pulley's) in mm

Contacted Bombardier, Local Dealer, checked the Service Manual, and Owners without success.

I would appreciate any information or a recommended resource you can provide.

Thank you

JayBros
04-30-2024, 09:18 PM
If you're looking for those specs in the hope of finding a less expensive replacement belt, you're probably out of luck! If there was a third-party source, a Spyder jockey somewhere would have already found it, and it would be noted on this website.

Mikey
05-01-2024, 05:59 AM
Hello All,

I'm hoping to get 3 specific specifications for the drivebelt, as follows:
Weight in g/m
Width in mm
Span (the distance of the longest run of the belt between first contact points of the drive and driven pulley's) in mm

Contacted Bombardier, Local Dealer, checked the Service Manual, and Owners without success.

I would appreciate any information or a recommended resource you can provide.

Thank you

What are you trying to do?

BajaRon
05-01-2024, 07:48 AM
If you're looking for those specs in the hope of finding a less expensive replacement belt, you're probably out of luck! If there was a third-party source, a Spyder jockey somewhere would have already found it, and it would be noted on this website.

You got that right. No one (that I know of) makes a replacement belt for the Spyder. Aftermarket lives on volume. Just not there with the Spyder. There isn't that many of us and Spyder belts last forever, short of a rock or failed vibration dampener.

I'm all for aftermarket. After all, that's what I am. But the BRP belt is very high quality. Though expensive, it will last the life of the machine if not damaged. I'd say it's worth the money.

Jetfixer
05-01-2024, 06:20 PM
From the service manual-

New Guy
05-03-2024, 10:42 PM
No actually I need the values to calculate the proper Hz for the appropriate belt tension

New Guy
05-03-2024, 11:00 PM
Thank you Jetfixer. After reading your post I looked again and found it in the service manual. I do appreciate your efforts.

Woodenfish
05-03-2024, 11:09 PM
No actually I need the values to calculate the proper Hz for the appropriate belt tension

Most of us use the Gates 91132 Krikit II Drive Belt Tension Gauge from the forum sponsor Baja Ron. It’s much less of a hassle, faster and accurate enough. I don’t know of any automotive or motorcycle technician who measures belt tension with electronic equipment. What is your background?

Mikey
05-04-2024, 05:23 AM
:popcorn:

BajaRon
05-04-2024, 09:40 AM
Most of us use the Gates 91132 Krikit II Drive Belt Tension Gauge from the forum sponsor Baja Ron. It’s much less of a hassle, faster and accurate enough. I don’t know of any automotive or motorcycle technician who measures belt tension with electronic equipment. What is your background?

Some like to reinvent the wheel. But when you realize that the Krikit gauge is much more accurate than needed to start with. Adding accuracy with a high tech approach isn't worth the effort. The Krikit is cheap, portable, and easy to use. That's hard to beat.

New Guy
05-04-2024, 07:39 PM
I’m a retired EE
I too use a Krikit and would like to compare values between the two methods. I’m hoping that they are similar and that would make me more confident about relying on the Krikit exclusively. I’m brand new to the Spyder and everything is new to me. Perhaps after a few years I’ll gain confidence through experience but for now it’s a steep learning curve.

Mikey
05-05-2024, 05:03 AM
I’m a retired EE
I too use a Krikit and would like to compare values between the two methods. I’m hoping that they are similar and that would make me more confident about relying on the Krikit exclusively. I’m brand new to the Spyder and everything is new to me. Perhaps after a few years I’ll gain confidence through experience but for now it’s a steep learning curve.

Sometimes you can worry something to death! But that being said, until you are at peace with it, it's worth the extra sweat! Good luck in with your comparison test.

BajaRon
05-05-2024, 07:44 PM
I’m a retired EE

Have you watched this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRFP2NQXnFE