PDA

View Full Version : i will take a silver one with fog lights!!!

aka1004
12-03-2009, 07:48 PM
i took a test ryde on RT today at Bert's mega mall and i am sold!!!
i was dissapointed with acceleration off the line and quality of sound system but you can not have it all i guess.
it was more nimble than RS, turns better with less roll.
being so upright was not as bad as i thought it would be and i sure have more control of spyder. first few curves, it turn so much quicker than RS it feels like it's over steering but i got used to it pretty quick.
speed sensitive volume was nice to have and seeing thru the windshield was not a problem when it was raised and compared to sportier RS, it was like ryding a lincoln town-spyder.:D

now comes the hard part thou... WAITING
since i want the silver one i am going to have to wait even longer than those who are getting black or blue ones as silver ones are the last to come for whatever the reason. it's too bad i won't get the adjustable rear shocks but i like the silver... i will just get the fog lights and those factory speakers will have to go... and after having hid head and fog lights, those factory lights look like 2 weeks old fish eyes:roflblack:

BumbleBee
12-03-2009, 08:23 PM
:congrats:
Add your name to our growing list of RT's;
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14987&page=6

Same here, now comes the waiting as many others here on this site!!!

NancysToy
12-03-2009, 09:50 PM
The rear shock is adjustable on the standard and A&C versions. It is just not adjustable with a button. You have to raise the seat and put air in or let air out of the air valve there.

SpyderGirl
12-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Glad to hear you got to see one up close and personal. I am taking a demo ride on one tomorrow.

aka1004
12-04-2009, 02:37 AM
The rear shock is adjustable on the standard and A&C versions. It is just not adjustable with a button. You have to raise the seat and put air in or let air out of the air valve there.

i see. that's not so bad then. thank you.

aka1004
12-04-2009, 02:39 AM
:congrats:
Add your name to our growing list of RT's;
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14987&page=6

Same here, now comes the waiting as many others here on this site!!!

i am going to wait till silver one hit the showroom. i am not fond of black or blue much but i do wanna see silver one in person before i commit but from what i see in pic and video, silver it is.

aka1004
12-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Glad to hear you got to see one up close and personal. I am taking a demo ride on one tomorrow.

i don't think you will be disappointed :thumbup:

Lamonster
12-04-2009, 08:27 AM
:congrats::doorag:

SpyderGirl
12-04-2009, 10:56 AM
i don't think you will be disappointed :thumbup:

Well I had a pretty nice ride on the back of one with Lamont, so I am sure I am going to love it.... though I think it'll be a while before we get one. I've invested a lot of money (about $8K) into mine to make it near perfect for touring and I still owe at least that much on the loan for it.

The blue was definitely not what I had expected. It was a lot darker and more subdued than the pictures you see in the ads. The black was nice but I'm done with dealing with trying to keep them clean. I'd probably go with the silver or maybe the blue myself.

I'll let you all know what I think after piloting one.

fastfraser
12-04-2009, 01:16 PM
I thought everyone was pleased with the sound system .:dontknow:

SpyderGirl
12-04-2009, 01:19 PM
I liked the sound system, hoping to try it out some more today. :)

Lamonster
12-04-2009, 03:04 PM
I thought everyone was pleased with the sound system .:dontknow:
When I got the new RT it didn't sound as good as the first one. Turns out someone had messed with the settings and had everything cranked up too high. Sounds good now that I turned it back down.

aka1004
12-04-2009, 03:47 PM
may be i was not happy with it because i had high end system in my RS or settings were funky but most likely stock speakers are less expensive 2way.
i will just buy better sets for rear. hopely rear speakers are pre-wired.

Questions
12-05-2009, 02:11 AM
I have found that the RTS sound system is great and audible at high speed, using the ipod makes the sound even better :2thumbs:

Lamonster
12-05-2009, 09:50 AM
:agree: ipod/iphone works great on the RT. :2thumbs:

aka1004
12-05-2009, 08:28 PM
:agree: ipod/iphone works great on the RT. :2thumbs:

if you get a chance, can you pop the rear speaker cover and see if speakers require special harness? it would be very appreciated if you can whenever you get a chance.
it looks like rear speakers may require harness or it could be just for rear audio control.
If it takes specific harness I will be forced to order the rear speakers with RT a/c

aka1004
12-06-2009, 12:18 AM
A friend of mine saw a RT in black on freeway in la area, east bound on I10 and he wants one too!!!