PDA

View Full Version : The Care and Feeding of Tupperware

Yazz
12-03-2009, 06:56 PM
O.K., before you all start snickering, this issue is really bothering me on two fronts.

1. I have a Phantom and as you know, it has a roughed up matte finish in places. Well, we have some big bugs down here and a couple of juicers refuse to come off the trunk lid. Its like there is a shiny spot where they used to be. Tried everything but Bug-be-Gone on the spots. Any ideas?

2. Along the same line... the rear wheel well area has some residue from I don't want to know. Used the same TLC as above but these white spots won't go away.

Am I doomed to shiny spots on the trunk lid and white spots in the rear wheel well? :helpsmilie:

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Joy

Amanda B
12-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Have you tried Mother's Back to Black? Not sure if it will work...I just bought a phantom kit and haven't put it on yet but I use this on the plastic parts on my car, cleans it up pretty well and makes the black look new if it's faded.

SpyderWolf
12-03-2009, 10:14 PM
I have had very good success with Suzuki Motorcycle Wash, and also the Honda Cleaning/Polishing Spray. The wash took care of any nasties on my yellow Spyder without doing anything to the color of it.

Hope that helps.

NancysToy
12-03-2009, 10:24 PM
First, try good, hot soapy water. Car wash soap is preferable, but a grease cutting dishwashing soap like Dawn will do. Don't use anything stronger, or chemicals for cleaning wheels, etc. If it says "Spray on and hose off," it is bad news! Could be the cause of the white spots on your rear wheel. For something stronger, I use Windex Multi-Surface Cleaner with vinegar. Never use Windex with ammonia on plastic! The multi-surface cleaner works fine on the matte portions of the regular Spyder body, so it should work on your phantom. Test in an inconspicuous spot first, as you should do with all cleaners or polishes. I have seen good results with Back-to Black on similar finishes, but if they are painted, as I think your Phantom is, or if they have oily/waxy spots, as yours seems to, the finish may be irregular. I'd definitely try that in an inconspicuous place first.

Yazz
12-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks for all you replies. Never knew there were different dynamics for washing tin vs. tupperware. Guess there really is no such thing as a stupid question.

Will get some Mother's Back to Black and hopefully that will take care of the spots.

Thanks,

Joy

max continuous
12-04-2009, 03:53 PM
What about a Mr. Clean magic eraser for the back rim?
Max

Roger
12-04-2009, 04:23 PM
This is why it's good to have scotty back! :2thumbs:

Yazz
12-04-2009, 08:48 PM
What about a Mr. Clean magic eraser for the back rim?
Max

Oh man, I use the magic eraser all over the house! Love it. Never thought about using on Spydee.

I will try it up in the rear wheel well first. Thanks for the idea.:)

Yazz
12-04-2009, 08:50 PM
This is why it's good to have scotty back! :2thumbs:

:agree: