PDA

View Full Version : Took the RT on a demo ride today!

vtrider
12-02-2009, 08:15 PM
I called my dealer from work today to see if the RT was available for me to ride and it was. I left work to take the demo ride and when I got to my dealer they were getting it fueled and ready for me. I got the run down on all the controls and was off for a while on a 122 mile ride. I really enjoyed all the bells and whistles it has. I really like the adjustable windshield and suspension. The windshield reminds me of the one that I had on the Honda ST 1300. The RT handled reasonably well and was comfortable.
Although, I find that you still need to have more leg room up front. For the long distance tourer this is a great machine. If you like more of a sport ride then the RS would be a better choice. It's a little pricey for my budget right now, but the price is not bad for what your getting. For now I will continue to enjoy my SM5 Spyder and hopefully add more comfort features to that which are on my wish list.

Well that was my demo ride! Now I guess I should go back to work to finish my day!

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/Spyder%20RT%20Demo%20December%202009/RTDemorideDecember2009001.jpg

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/Spyder%20RT%20Demo%20December%202009/RTDemorideDecember2009002.jpg

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/Spyder%20RT%20Demo%20December%202009/RTDemorideDecember2009003.jpg

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/Spyder%20RT%20Demo%20December%202009/RTDemorideDecember2009004.jpg

SpyderWolf
12-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Work sucks when it cuts into your ryding time. :D

I am still having too much fun working with my 09 to even consider looking seriously at one of these. I will be more than happy to test drive it once my dealer gets one ready though. :thumbup:

Some Guy
12-02-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm jealous and I hate you! :D My dealer has one sitting on the sales floor and refuses to let me take a demo ride! (even though I have 9K+ on my Spyder, which is the first one they sold!). I have reminded them over and over that I know more about Spyders than their sales team (thanks to this AWESOME website!)...I'm still waiting. OK...I really do like my dealer people. They are good people.

At least I got to SIT on one, thanks to Lamont in Gatlinburg...but I still want to RYDE one!!! :gaah:

NancysToy
12-02-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm jealous and I hate you! :D My dealer has one sitting on the sales floor and refuses to let me take a demo ride! (even though I have 9K+ on my Spyder, which is the first one they sold!). I have reminded them over and over that I know more about Spyders than their sales team (thanks to this AWESOME website!)...I'm still waiting. OK...I really do like my dealer people. They are good people.

At least I got to SIT on one, thanks to Lamont in Gatlinburg...but I still want to RYDE one!!! :gaah:
If the weather holds, call Leaders Marine in Kalamazoo. I rode theirs last week.

Some Guy
12-02-2009, 10:41 PM
If the weather holds, call Leaders Marine in Kalamazoo. I rode theirs last week.

Good to know! I'm willing to ride when it's pretty cold...especially to check out an RT!

THANKS! :D

vtrider
12-03-2009, 03:05 AM

It's too bad that your not living closer to me. I'm sure that I could arrange a demo for you. The sales people at my dealership know me very well. That is why I get to ride there new demo toys. But they would do the same for all there customers. They are a friendly bunch to work with.

Lamonster
12-03-2009, 08:45 AM
:thumbup::doorag:

ptoemmes
12-03-2009, 08:58 AM
For those in Southeast Florida - Broward County - Ft. Lauderdale area - BRP is at Riva in Pompano Beach today as part of 12/2-3 and Sawgrass Mills mall (somewhere - it's a big mall) 12/4-6. 12/9-10 at Broward Motorsports in West Palm Beach (about an hour North - so why do they call it Broward?!).

I did not have time to ride today, but I did stop by to see the RT and sit on it. At 6' 0" with an 33" inseam the foot position is more relaxed than on my SM5 for sure. I could stand a bit more relief and a note to the BRP Wish List to make the driver pegs/foot controls adjustable.

I did not feel particularly cramped to the bars with my 33" sleeve length.

Yep - she looks good in pics but better in person. And that trailer IS KILLER.

I heard - or should I say did not hear - two come in off of a demo ride. Too quiet. Now where is that underside pic of the cat-exhaust. I gotta think a cat back is do-able.

One of the guys said there is a new eval driver in Florida out of - he thought - the Tampa Bay area. Front and Center sir or madam. The BRP Team out of Chicago and Cleveland knew all about Lamont and Fred.

Pete

Lamonster
12-03-2009, 09:05 AM
For those in Southeast Florida - Broward County - Ft. Lauderdale area - BRP is at Riva in Pompano Beach today as part of 12/2-3 and Sawgrass Mills mall (somewhere - it's a big mall) 12/4-6. 12/9-10 at Broward Motorsports in West Palm Beach (about an hour North - so why do they call it Broward?!).

I did not have time to ride today, but I did stop by to see the RT and sit on it. At 6' 0" with an 33" inseam the foot position is more relaxed than on my SM5 for sure. I could stand a bit more relief and a note to the BRP Wish List to make the driver pegs/foot controls adjustable.

I did not feel particularly cramped to the bars with my 33" sleeve length.

Yep - she looks good in pics but better in person. And that trailer IS KILLER.

I heard - or should I say did not hear - two come in off of a demo ride. Too quiet. Now where is that underside pic of the cat-exhaust. I gotta think a cat back is do-able.

One of the guys said there is a new eval driver in Florida out of - he thought - the Tampa Bay area. Front and Center sir or madam. The BRP Team out of Chicago and Cleveland knew all about Lamont and Fred.

Pete

RT5 UPDATE: BRUCE JARVIS ANNOUNCED AS NEWEST RT5 MEMBER (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15755)

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=478&pictureid=5756

ptoemmes
12-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks Lamont!

Cat back could be challenging.