PDA

View Full Version : Bought RT today

KNIGHTRIDER
12-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Bought the dealers RT SM-5 today. Couldn't get a straight answer on when deliveries would be on the PE and was getting withdrawal symptoms.

RE the orange screen: It is based on TRIP hours. Was told that it is owner re-settable at any time and recommended that I do it at about 8 hours until the fix comes down.

SpyderWolf
12-02-2009, 07:43 PM
:congrats: on your new RT!

BumbleBee
12-03-2009, 05:47 AM
:congrats: Enjoy your new ryde.

Lamonster
12-03-2009, 08:43 AM
:congrats:welcome:doorag:

Dukester
12-03-2009, 09:41 AM
welcome:congrats: Merry Christmas early. I need to get a bigger tree.

sixpack
12-03-2009, 09:50 AM
welcome:congrats::2thumbs:

Big Arm
12-03-2009, 09:57 AM
:congrats: :thumbup: :clap:

Questions
12-04-2009, 12:25 AM
welcome:congrats:

Glad everyone has gotten the negative RTS Demo Purchasing idea out of their system. What last four number Vin did you get ?

If you get over to So. Cal. let us know I have some great roads to take you on.

Lamonster
12-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Glad everyone has gotten the negative RTS Demo Purchasing idea out of their system.
Not everyone. The dealers are still not suppose to sell them for 90 days and are breaking their contract with BRP. nojoke
You got to wonder if they won't keep a promise with BRP in writing how are they going to treat their customers when it comes to service?

LDFIREWORKS
12-04-2009, 09:08 AM
:congrats:

SpyderWolf
12-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Not everyone. The dealers are still not suppose to sell them for 90 days and are breaking their contract with BRP. nojoke
You got to wonder if they won't keep a promise with BRP in writing how are they going to treat their customers when it comes to service?

That is a very good question, and I guess only time will tell. It also makes me wonder if BRP is going to take any negative action against them for doing this? It is a very curious situation indeed.

KNIGHTRIDER
12-04-2009, 10:17 AM
My vin # ends 0130.
So far so good. I'm just getting used to the systems and taking short rides in the Phx area. I did find that the SM likes aggressive shifting, particularly from 1st to 2nd, to by-pass N. Plan to spend all day tomorrow showing it off. This is my first black bike and it sure is a dust magnet.

I'm also glad the negative attitude is gone. I'm sure my dealer knows what he is doing. I know he will get more exposure (of the RT) if I'm riding it than he would if it was sitting in his showroom.

fastfraser
12-04-2009, 01:18 PM
:congrats: You lucky dog !! :spyder2: ON

Questions
12-05-2009, 01:47 AM

Suggesting that a dealer that sells their demo will give poor service, and dealers that don't sell their demo will give good service is a poor asumption.

Dealers will treat customers good or bad based on if they are a good or bad dealers not based on if they sold their demo or not.

It may be time to move on :clap: and enjoy our RT's and be glad we have them to enjoy, don't you think so :2thumbs:

Questions
12-05-2009, 01:55 AM
My vin # ends 0130.
So far so good. I'm just getting used to the systems and taking short rides in the Phx area. I did find that the SM likes aggressive shifting, particularly from 1st to 2nd, to by-pass N. Plan to spend all day tomorrow showing it off. This is my first black bike and it sure is a dust magnet.

I'm also glad the negative attitude is gone. I'm sure my dealer knows what he is doing. I know he will get more exposure (of the RT) if I'm riding it than he would if it was sitting in his showroom.

:2thumbs: There are more and more of us terrible demo buying sinners everyday. Lets keep sharing our experiences :2excited:

Firefly
12-05-2009, 02:45 AM
I too would question the integrity of a dealer that would sell these against the contract they signed with BRP.

Lamonster
12-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Suggesting that a dealer that sells their demo will give poor service, and dealers that don't sell their demo will give good service is a poor asumption.

Dealers will treat customers good or bad based on if they are a good or bad dealers not based on if they sold their demo or not.

It may be time to move on :clap: and enjoy our RT's and be glad we have them to enjoy, don't you think so :2thumbs:
All I'm suggesting is a dealer that is not honest with their supplier may not be honest with their customers. Honesty means more to some of us than others I guess. :dontknow:

SpyderWolf
12-05-2009, 10:18 AM

Have you discussed any of the repair issues with your dealer yet? I was actually informed by a dealer that, and I quote:

"We were informed that we are not able to warranty register the demo units. "

If you have not done so, now may be the time to find out what is going to happen if/when you have problems with your new RT!

:2thumbs: There are more and more of us terrible demo buying sinners everyday. Lets keep sharing our experiences :2excited:

It is not a matter of jealousy on my part, nor you all being sinners, it is about the breaking of a written contract with the manufacturer and what the consequences of that action might be. From the given quote above it appears that unless the dealership is willing to foot the bill for all warranty repair work, you may be up the proverbial creek if/when you run into a problem.

I also want you to keep sharing your experiences as well, so ryde on and be safe and go talk to your dealer about your warranty. :thumbup:

jwfranklin
12-05-2009, 02:01 PM
welcome:congrats:

Glad everyone has gotten the negative RTS Demo Purchasing idea out of their system. What last four number Vin did you get ?

If you get over to So. Cal. let us know I have some great roads to take you on.

When I first read this post, My thought was why did she have to post this. I know that the demo selling issue is not over, and she brings it back up again.
I to would wonder about a dealers honesty, that breaks his written contract with BRP.

Dukester
12-05-2009, 04:56 PM
I took my demo ride with my wife a few weeks ago, I told the dealer I want first crack at making a deal with them. They told me because of their obligations they can't do that until May or June. This dealer has been fantastic, I know others who go there and they love them. they have always told me, keeping their customers business means a lot to them. They have gone out of their way for me and came to my house to correct a brake problem. I think they are great. I have praised them before in some of my threads, their name is Blackmans in Emmaus or Emaus, PA.

Questions
12-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Have you discussed any of the repair issues with your dealer yet? I was actually informed by a dealer that, and I quote:

"We were informed that we are not able to warranty register the demo units. "

If you have not done so, now may be the time to find out what is going to happen if/when you have problems with your new RT!

It is not a matter of jealousy on my part, nor you all being sinners, it is about the breaking of a written contract with the manufacturer and what the consequences of that action might be. From the given quote above it appears that unless the dealership is willing to foot the bill for all warranty repair work, you may be up the proverbial creek if/when you run into a problem.

I also want you to keep sharing your experiences as well, so ryde on and be safe and go talk to your dealer about your warranty. :thumbup:

At my 600 mi. service the dealer checked and I am fully warranted, in the system ready for any warranty work required.
No issues with the dealer honoring the warranty work. :2thumbs:

There are 6 spyder dealers within 50 miles of our home, none of them seem to have a problem working on or servicing my Spyder.

We were at the Long Beach International Motorcycle Show today and the top selling spyder dealer in So. Cal. asked me if I wanted to purchase his Demo for my husband, so we could have matching RTS's, they are selling it at MSRP, no kidding. Maybe this is a California Dealer thing.

As an attorney for 20 years, :spyder: I know there are no issues now, and there will be none in the future as my purchase contract has no exceptions or exclusions from the RTS contract's that will be sold the next few months.

Count on me to keep posting my experiences I love sharing, as this is the reason for the forum. :thumbup:

KNIGHTRIDER
12-05-2009, 10:19 PM
I have also discussed the warranty issue with my dealer. He assures me that my 24 month warranty started on Dec 2, 2009, when I took possession of my RT. He said he will even make sure I get one of the IPods. His only request was that if he has a customer who really needs to see an RT, he would appreciate it if I could swing by and show it off. (The dealer is about 1 1/2 miles from my house) I don't mind doing that as I think the more riders who buy the RT, the better off we all will be.

I spent a couple of hours at the local Goldwing repair shop/hangout in Tempe, az this morning where you can always get free coffee and donuts. Everyone was impressed with the RT quality and appearance. The most comments I heard were in reference to the electric windshield, reverse, being able to see what gear you are in and for those who sat on it, the comfort of the seat.

SpyderWolf
12-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the updates from each of you. I was only able to go on what I had been informed of, and that is why I posted that info. I am glad to hear that each of your dealers are going to take care of you no matter what. That says a lot for their business. :2thumbs: