PDA

View Full Version : Where does this Battery Bracket fit on 2018 RTL?

MonPaul
04-09-2024, 01:07 PM
I had a hard time getting my fat hands into the small space to get the battery out. After I pulled out the battery the top bracket fell and I'm not sure how it goes back; if you look at the second 2nd pic, I think I have it where is should be to put back in the bike, but I can't figure out where the top piece goes (arrows)?? It looks like it should fit inside a slot or around a rod, but I can't see anything. Any help would be appreciated - a pic or video would be appreciated even more. :banghead:

fatboy
04-09-2024, 01:36 PM
Yes, that is correct orientation of the bracket. After you put the battery back in, it's kinda a feel thing to raise the front of the bracket, slide it in, let the front down, & it should not pull out when you put the strap on.

DGoebel
04-09-2024, 02:16 PM
+1 There are slots cut in the frame above the battery box that those tabs tuck up into once the battery is in place. Then the rubber strap connects below the bottom of the battery box to the flat hook on the front of that bracket.
Moabman has a nice youtube video on Battery removal and replacement. The install starts about 2 min 50 seconds into the video.

https://youtu.be/j-N1bmXjiaQ?si=6JuRJ_VzIXT8Q2an&t=173

Woodaddict
04-09-2024, 02:38 PM
practice just with hold down bracket first, to put in frame slots. Try a good light and a mirror to see the slots. If you had a helper, you might be able to install bracket, then have them hold it up, while you slip battery in area

MonPaul
04-09-2024, 05:48 PM
+1 There are slots cut in the frame above the battery box that those tabs tuck up into once the battery is in place. Then the rubber strap connects below the bottom of the battery box to the flat hook on the front of that bracket.
Moabman has a nice youtube video on Battery removal and replacement. The install starts about 2 min 50 seconds into the video.

Perfect, just what I needed! It is a lot easier to see on the F3, but at least I know where to look.

Arion
04-09-2024, 08:57 PM

The thing that confused me the most was that the link led me to a video that's 4 minutes 18 seconds long. Just couldn't figure out how to get to the 5 minute 30 second point. Have I overlooked something?

Peter Aawen
04-09-2024, 10:25 PM
The thing that confused me the most was that the link led me to a video that's 4 minutes 18 seconds long. Just couldn't figure out how to get to the 5 minute 30 second point. Have I overlooked something?

I've now fixed the time stamp in the original post showing the link, and fixed the quotes; but clicking on the original link took me to exactly the right spot anyway, just where all the pertinent info started showing. :ohyea:

MonPaul
04-10-2024, 01:18 PM
practice just with hold down bracket first, to put in frame slots. Try a good light and a mirror to see the slots. If you had a helper, you might be able to install bracket, then have them hold it up, while you slip battery in area

Perfect advice! It took a mirror and light just to see the slots. All they had to do was put a little more of a hook on the tab that fits in. The bracket should be able to just hang there - I ended up fitting it in and just duct taped it up so it wouldn't fall. Thanks again for the help.

DGoebel
04-12-2024, 12:21 PM
Sorry, dislexic typing old geezer here Thanks to Peter for fixing my typo and link.