PDA

View Full Version : I love my Spyder but...

mxz600
12-01-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm getting all fired up for the upcoming snowmobile season. I missed last year due to a surgery, and wouldn't you know it, best conditions in years here in MI. For those of you that have never enjoyed the thrill of snowmobiling or you just think winter sucks please watch this you tube clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT8BvGLkId4&feature=related

docdoru
12-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Nice :thumbup:

Sarge707
12-01-2009, 06:08 PM
:clap:I,m cold just watching. Hope they have heated Hand Grips??

DynamoBT
12-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Does one always stand on a snowmobile? His grips seem perfect for standing but a bit high for sitting down.

I suppose you can get different grips on them, right?

I know nothing about snowmobiling, obviously.

durango kid
12-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Nice video, I guess if I had to decide if I could only have my sled or my Spyder I hate to admit it but the Spyder would go. I think of it as a way to get me through summer untill its time to ride again.

johnandginger
12-01-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm getting all fired up for the upcoming snowmobile season. I missed last year due to a surgery, and wouldn't you know it, best conditions in years here in MI. For those of you that have never enjoyed the thrill of snowmobiling or you just think winter sucks please watch this you tube clip.

nice video,but we don't get that much snow here in central ohio soWINTER STILL SUCKS IN OHIO:(:gaah:

brutus450
12-01-2009, 07:19 PM
THATS IT.................I am buying a snomobile:gaah:

rnet
12-01-2009, 07:33 PM
I was in Revelstock BC. in April of 08 and tried mountain riding. This was the same trip that the editers of SnoGoer magazine were on and wrote about. I can say this, It was one of the most beautiful places I,ve ever been, however I'm to old to get stuck so I,ve tried it and now I stick to the trails. The Gaspe loop in eastern QC is another awesome place. One place I still need to see is yellowstone park and the surrounding areas.

Smylinacha
12-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Wish we could snowmobile here but no place to do it. Enjoy your winter wonderland! Looks like fun!

SpyderWolf
12-01-2009, 08:45 PM
That was a great video! I could learn to like the snow if I had one of those to play on. :thumbup:

RED RIDER
12-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Have been going to Yellowstone for the past 5 years snowmobiling. The scenery is awesome both in and around the park. I figure that a smowmobile is a close cousin to my Spyder. Every rider should try it just once.:clap:

michaels cycle
12-01-2009, 09:26 PM
That amount of powder snow is unusual around the midwest.

Very seldom to we get snow that completely covers the pines trees like that, unless maybe in the upper UP of Michigan.
With that amount of powder, it's easy to bury your machine like that.

That video had to be filmed in the high country out west.

Either way, great video.

rnet
12-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Does one always stand on a snowmobile? His grips seem perfect for standing but a bit high for sitting down.

I suppose you can get different grips on them, right?

I know nothing about snowmobiling, obviously.Thats called a mountain sled, a special purpose built sled for deep snow. Long, deep lug track, handlebar risers, hooked handlebars, and wider front ski for floatation. Yes they are made to ride standing, whereas trail sled are made to ride standing or sitting.

SpyderGirl
12-01-2009, 10:19 PM
I would LOVE to ride a snowmobile, but we don't really get snow here in the SF Bay Area.

LDFIREWORKS
12-01-2009, 10:23 PM
VERY COOL I MISS IT ...........:thumbup::congrats:

Director
12-01-2009, 10:26 PM

Watched it. Very nice, but sorry, winter still sucks.:yikes:

Bruce

retread
12-01-2009, 11:28 PM
The last winter I was up by Waterown,NY, we got over 14 feet of snow--winter STILL draws serious vacuum.

john

Just Doo Me
12-01-2009, 11:47 PM
MXZ 600, an Arctic Cat come on!:roflblack:

truck 85
12-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Conversion kit?

Saluda
12-02-2009, 05:38 AM
When you sled winter is great. We will never give up the seasons. With a boat, Spyder & sled we are happier than we deserve.

j45p3r
12-02-2009, 07:15 AM
Snowmobiling rocks! Mine is all polished and ready to go. Just need some snow! Spyder is my number 2 favorite thing, after my sled. People that haven't been on a snowmoblie just don't understand how much fun they are.

mxz600
12-02-2009, 08:28 AM
MXZ 600, an Arctic Cat come on!:roflblack:

The title of the the video was Nice snowmobile clip. It didn't say Perfect snowmobile clip.:roflblack:

Roger
12-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Ron you sound like you know somebody in the bussiness i wonder who ? :roflblack:

duneside
12-02-2009, 04:15 PM
I live on the west coast of MI so we get those two beautiful words......
Lake Effect. The last three years have been good for us we boondock from the house to the trails. That video got me all fired up thanks for posting.
Wayne

krb1945
12-02-2009, 06:11 PM
but down here in FL we get very little. Soooo... I, that is we with me doing all the driving following all of "she who must be obeyeds instructions", jump in the car and take a winter vacation to North Carolina mountains just to enjoy the white stuff. /Ken

rnet
12-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Ron you sound like you know somebody in the bussiness i wonder who ? :roflblack:You could say so. As a snowmobile club president I know quite a few, and I know who your talking about.

txknight67
12-02-2009, 09:19 PM
"she who must be obeyeds instructions", /Ken

That was the best part of your post.:roflblack: Sounds like your marriage is very similar to mine.:shemademe_smilie: Nuff said!

Spydr in KS
12-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Cool video, I love riding deep powder, but have never riden in a place like that or on a sled like that. That baby has some ponies under the hood!

mike3069
12-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Wish we could snowmobile here but no place to do it. Enjoy your winter wonderland! Looks like fun!

Smylie, does that vid remind ya of someone ryding a :spyder2:?:joke:

mike3069
12-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Hers a pic of my new sled!

SpyderWolf
12-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Now that's a sled, although I must admit it brings back memories of "The Shining" for some strange reason.

Director
12-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Now that's a sled, although I must admit it brings back memories of "The Shining" for some strange reason.

LOL. Heeeere's Johnny! :roflblack:

And that, my friends, is why I don't like snow! :D

Bruce

SpyderWolf
12-03-2009, 09:46 PM
LOL. Heeeere's Johnny! :roflblack:

And that, my friends, is why I don't like snow! :D

Bruce

Does all work and no play make Bruce a dull boy as well? :roflblack:

Spyder#353
12-04-2009, 07:31 AM
Great, Great clip. Almost makes me want to move back home. I had a snowmobile way bach in 75. Had alot of fun with it. I cam only imagine all the bells and whistles they are on them now. I'll just have to rough it, and ride my jet ski twelve months a year. Here in Ft. Lauderdale. My spyder is a lot of fun too. Quards to me aren't much fun here with out having mountains trails. Mud trails suck.

rnet
12-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Great, Great clip. Almost makes me want to move back home. I had a snowmobile way bach in 75. Had alot of fun with it. I cam only imagine all the bells and whistles they are on them now. I'll just have to rough it, and ride my jet ski twelve months a year. Here in Ft. Lauderdale. My spyder is a lot of fun too. Quards to me aren't much fun here with out having mountains trails. Mud trails suck.Ha, I'll be down in Ft. Lauderdale on sept 24th, if you don't have your spyder fixed by then, I will give you a pep talk.

vtrider
12-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Snowmobiling rocks! Mine is all polished and ready to go. Just need some snow! Spyder is my number 2 favorite thing, after my sled. People that haven't been on a snowmoblie just don't understand how much fun they are.

:agree:

I've been snowmobiling since I was 14 years old and still really enjoy the sport. Only now we have much better high tech sleds to ride and better trails.

PCBeachBum
12-07-2009, 04:11 AM
Burrrrr.......I don't mind looking at picture, videos or hearing my brother's complain about how much of the :cus: they got in CT, as long as I don't have to deal with it.

The only white stuff here is the soft sand on the beach, its as fine as the flower you use in baking. :ohyea: