PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Guess what this hole is for? 2021 RT...

SkipH
03-30-2024, 06:43 PM
Anyone Guess what this hole is for? 2021 RT...

Gwolf
03-30-2024, 07:57 PM
Maybe to let the dirt-dobbers in so they can build nests on everything?

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-30-2024, 08:01 PM
Show us a picture from farther back so we can see where on the bike this is.

Knizar
03-30-2024, 08:05 PM

Maybe for aftermarket lighting on passenger foot pegs

Peter Aawen
03-30-2024, 08:22 PM

I'm sorry, but given that we have absofreakinlutely NO idea of where it might be.... :rolleyes: without any other info &/or further context, it could be that it's a drain in one of the splash trays underneath the bike, only the rubber insert bit has come out?? :banghead:

We need more context - where on the Spyder is it?? Is it even on a Spyder, or maybe it's on/in another bike?? Is it in an upper panel or a side panel?? Inside the frunk maybe?? Up near the Handlebars or down the back near the license plate?? :dontknow: :gaah:

SkipH
03-30-2024, 10:11 PM
First Clue: Turn the picture right 90 degrees.

Not my fault the picture was turned......

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-30-2024, 11:00 PM
I still can't tell where it's located, but I can tell you it's not a factory hole. See the burrs around the perimeter. It was drilled, not formed when the panel was made.

Snoking1127
03-30-2024, 11:44 PM
Port to let the red dust/rust out from the drive sprocket.

Peter Aawen
03-31-2024, 01:12 AM
First Clue: Turn the picture right 90 degrees.

Not my fault the picture was turned......

Sorry Skip, if you can't help us by taking a step back and taking another picture to post up here, I doubt we'll really be able to be of much help!! :banghead: You need to help us a bit so that we can help you!! ;)

As for your pic turning sideways, that's most likely because you took it in Portrait Mode on your phone or camera - the Forum software doesn't like that and won't handle them well at all - you need to take any pic intended for the Forum in Landscape Mode, and you need to get into Landscape Mode by dropping the Top of the Phone/camera to the Left, turning the Phone/camera 90° anti-clockwise! Do that, then when uploaded here it should post in the correct orientation! :thumbup:

Valkrocket
03-31-2024, 07:36 AM
I have the exact same year and model as you. As someone else stated. That hole is not factory drilled. The area under the passenger footrests has no pre-drilled holes in it. Whoever owned that Spyder prior to you drilled that. IMHO, quite unnecessary I'd say.

Gwolf
03-31-2024, 07:41 AM
I don't know what it is and neither does Google. Just did a Google image search and nothing that looks anything like it came up.

K80Shooter
03-31-2024, 08:07 AM
I have to agree with Valkrocket, not an OEM hole! Ask the person who you purchased it from.

My guess would be the previous owner was planning to install a light and needed a hole to run the wire through.

Knizar
03-31-2024, 08:38 AM
I have to agree with Valkrocket, not an OEM hole! Ask the person who you purchased it from.

My guess would be the previous owner was planning to install a light and needed a hole to run the wire through.

:agree: What I said in post #4.:thumbup:

Tango
03-31-2024, 08:58 AM
That's where the optional "Flux Capacitor" mounts to the bike. :2thumbs: Tom :spyder:

Knizar
03-31-2024, 09:04 AM
That's where the optional "Flux Capacitor" mounts to the bike. :2thumbs: Tom :spyder:

OK! So enlighten me, never to old to learn! "What the :cus: is a Flux Capacitor?":hun: Bill

OOOPS, found it! at the parts store next to the blinker fluid and above the muffler belt.

fatboy
03-31-2024, 09:38 AM
well im gonna say u bought that used 1st owner had can am floor board lights and took them off i just put that same hole on one that im working on last night

PaSpyderRyder
03-31-2024, 12:11 PM

It is most definitely a hole that was drilled for lights on the passenger floorboard.

Mikey
03-31-2024, 03:03 PM
:2thumbs:

SkipH
03-31-2024, 04:02 PM
Ah Guys, Not a real mechanic in the replies.
Has anyone removed that pod plastic on the left side of the rear wheel?
You know, the 3 screws that holds them on, especially the front screw?
Well, that screw is a bastard to reach and remove AND replace. I changed the front one over to 10 mm bolt
which it made it somewhat easier to get out, but I still had to stand on my head to get it out while working on the floor.
This 80 year old mind finally turned on the light bulb and sez "if you drill a hole right here, you can reach that bolt easily".
So I did and that's the end of that problem.

BajaRon
03-31-2024, 05:00 PM
And here I was thinking it was to let the sunshine in!

Peter Aawen
03-31-2024, 05:16 PM
And here I was thinking it was to let the sunshine in!

Sounds like it was more along the lines of 'letting the frustrations OUT!' :shocked:

Mind you, as any good home spannerspinner learns very quickly; it's NEVER a good idea to have a hole-saw or sawz-all or anything similar within easy reach whenever you're working on anything mechanical or electrical!! :lecturef_smilie:

Gwolf
04-01-2024, 05:26 AM
Sounds like a good idea. I think I saw a box of various sized holes for plastic on the web while I was looking for parts. I might order it. It would be handy to have a few different sized holes on the shelf you could just drop in where you needed them.

Mikey
04-01-2024, 05:46 AM
Sounds like a good idea. I think I saw a box of various sized holes for plastic on the web while I was looking for parts. I might order it. It would be handy to have a few different sized holes on the shelf you could just drop in where you needed them.

Make sure you have the right size drill bit in before you make your sieve!:yikes:

Tango
04-01-2024, 07:42 AM
OK! So enlighten me, never to old to learn! "What the :cus: is a Flux Capacitor?":hun: Bill

OOOPS, found it! at the parts store next to the blinker fluid and above the muffler belt.

Did you get the full synthetic blinker fluid? It's supposed to be good for a year. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Gwolf
04-01-2024, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post

Make sure you have the right size drill bit in before you make your sieve!:yikes:

Not a problem, got several hole re-sizers in my tool box.