PDA

View Full Version : My production number

Lamonster
12-01-2009, 10:59 AM
There's been some talk about if I really have a preproduction RT or a production RT and if it is production is it really production number 00001.

I just got off the phone with BRP and as they explain it my unit was one of 30 units that was built for marketing. It was ran down the production line but it is not a "production" unit. It was however the first unit built for marketing.

I forgot to ask about the dealer demo units but my guess is that is a whole new run of RT's seeing there are more than 30 of them. :dontknow:

Mine was a production lab rat that did have updates done to it so it is not what will be coming off the line and going to the customers that have placed an order.

I asked about the 10 hour trip meter thing too and it's true that if you don't reset the trip meter before 10 hours the screen will turn orange. That will be a software update that the new owners should not have to deal with, it's something new that has shown up on the last software update. It's a good thing that these marketing and demo units are out and about getting miles on them so they can deal with these issue before they start shipping the preordered RT's

Anyway I just wanted to clear that up as I know sometimes the information on the web can be conflicting but I will always try and give you what I know to be true and accurate.

AntelopeSpyder
12-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the update, and for keeping us informed!!:f_spider:

Ken5517 / Wish Again
12-01-2009, 11:27 AM
There's been some talk about if I really have a preproduction RT or a production RT and if it is production is it really production number 00001.

I just got off the phone with BRP and as they explain it my unit was one of 30 units that was built for marketing. It was ran down the production line but it is not a "production" unit. It was however the first unit built for marketing.

I forgot to ask about the dealer demo units but my guess is that is a whole new run of RT's seeing there are more than 30 of them. :dontknow:

Mine was a production lab rat that did have updates done to it so it is not what will be coming off the line and going to the customers that have placed an order.

I asked about the 10 hour trip meter thing too and it's true that if you don't reset the trip meter before 10 hours the screen will turn orange. That will be a software update that the new owners should not have to deal with, it's something new that has shown up on the last software update. It's a good thing that these marketing and demo units are out and about getting miles on them so they can deal with these issue before they start shipping the preordered RT's

Anyway I just wanted to clear that up as I know sometimes the information on the web can be conflicting but I will always try and give you what I know to be true and accurate.

Thanks for clearing both points up. :chat:

Your a good Guy :thumbup:

BumbleBee
12-01-2009, 01:45 PM

bjt
12-01-2009, 04:03 PM
So whoever is lucky enough to buy a dealer demo now will be hoping to get updates that the normal production RTs won't have to deal with?

Lamonster
12-01-2009, 04:23 PM
So whoever is lucky enough to buy a dealer demo now will be hoping to get updates that the normal production RTs won't have to deal with?
I would say that is correct. :doorag:

Questions
12-02-2009, 12:18 AM
The way I figure it I shouldn't have the issues the First "Production" Spyders had. And the people on the forum have had issues and in spite of the problems still love their spyders, this is a very good sign.

The RTS I purchased must be safe, secure and ready to sell, if there are any safety issues that BRP knows about or should know about, this is called " Scienter " in legal terms and they would be in trouble.

BRP is a very well run company with product liability being a number one concern to them, and they are very secure in sending these units out the door.

Having the RTS now and not having to wait 3 months, for me far out ways any risk. Its a machine, has a warranty and everything can be fixed.

I am more upset BRP didn't put a mirrior and light inside the rear trunk for me, then any thing else.

:pray::pray::pray::pray: So everyone wish me luck

Dwight
12-02-2009, 07:10 AM
Thanks Lamonster,

How about some thoughts on your SE version of the RT-S? That's what I have ordered and would just like to know how well it's working for you.

Thanks again,
Dwight

Lamonster
12-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks Lamonster,

How about some thoughts on your SE version of the RT-S? That's what I have ordered and would just like to know how well it's working for you.

Thanks again,
Dwight
Besides my oil leak I love it. I wouldn't say it is natural to me yet as I do have to think a little more about the shifting but I like it. I love shifting at about 7K, it really seems to like that. :doorag:

frank3
12-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Just wondering if there is any NEW news regarding delivery dates for the PE. Reading some post where people are saying they expect delivery toward end of December and frankly, I just don't expect mine till Jan. some time. Placed my order in late Sept. and haven't heard ANYTHING. Thought the RT-5 guys might have some inside info as they are in contact with BRP on a regular basis.:dontknow:
Thanks

Lamonster
12-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Just wondering if there is any NEW news regarding delivery dates for the PE. Reading some post where people are saying they expect delivery toward end of December and frankly, I just don't expect mine till Jan. some time. Placed my order in late Sept. and haven't heard ANYTHING. Thought the RT-5 guys might have some inside info as they are in contact with BRP on a regular basis.:dontknow:
Thanks

I just got this from BRP.

"No delay. We are still on schedule to start delivery around mid-December as planned."

frank3
12-04-2009, 09:56 AM
:2excited:Thanks much for the news LaMonster. I really thought they wouldn't start delivery till sometime in Jan.:clap::2thumbs: I'M SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!

2Gunns
12-04-2009, 10:00 AM
my dealer says he is still expecting delivery just before Christmas
(we'll see) :yes: