PDA

View Full Version : Bickelton Ride, WA.

ned64
03-21-2024, 12:12 PM
Hi all. The wife and I took our Spyders out Monday for a ride. We did the Bickelton ride. Left Yakima WA headed South to Mabton. Turned right and headed out to Bickelton. Small Town, rolling hills, farmland, and sagebrush. Went thru the little town, no gas there, filled up at Costco in Yakima before we left. Now heading West up on top the hills; but went down into a canyon and back up the other side. Back on top going towards Goldendale. Seeing Mt Hood in Oregon, Mt Adams on the other side Goldendale. They sure were pretty covered in snow against a blue sky. Saw some Bluebirds around Bickelton and a ways West of there. Saw 4 deer in a group, didn't see any turkeys. Had a quick drink and the doughnuts we brought with us in Golderdale, and then headed North on Hwy 97. Stopped at the St John's Monastery and bakery. Had cup coffee and piece of cake. Good spot to stop and rest. After that, headed on back up Hwy 97 to Yakima Wa. It was a beautiful day. Temp got up into the 70's, refilled at Costco with gas. Rode 166 miles, 4.4 gallons of gas. Well close to that anyway, in case I didn't fill to the exact same level in the tank. Anyway, had a good time, rode at the speed the wife wanted to go. Beautiful scenery, some wildlife, and no problems with the Spyders. Saw some other biker's doing the ride too. Nice ride if anyone's around going North up 97. Turn off at Goldendale. Out thru Bickelton and then pick up Hwy back over to Toppenish an Hwy 97 North to where-ever you're heading North through WA.

Nathan in Yakima WA.

PDXRTL
03-21-2024, 04:22 PM
For sure, Mabton-Bickelton-Goldendale (or the reverse) is certainly a nice option to 97 between Goldendale and Toppenish if you have the time.

I'm hoping to get out that way this year and hit Hwy 142 between Lyle and Goldendale. Though I'll probably peel off of 142 on the Glenwood Hwy to Glenwood and then south on Lakeside Rd to Bz Glenwood Hwy to BZ Corner and then back to Hwy 14 or 84.

ned64
03-23-2024, 09:05 PM
That's some good riding out an about west of Goldendale. We like going down there on rides. Also we stay on hwy. 14 when we go to Vancover to get our Spyders serviced. Have fun on your ride when you go.