PDA

View Full Version : RT Chat with Fred Rau Tonight!

Lamonster
11-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Just talked with Fred and he will be there once again to answer any questions you might have about the RT.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/../adpeeps/uploaded_banners/168733.jpg (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/../adpeeps/adpeeps.php?bfunction=clickad&uid=100000&bzone=mbf&bsize=152x227&btype=3&bpos=default&campaignid=78601&adno=4&transferurl=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.spyderfred.com)

Time is 9pm east coast and 6pm west coast time. Hope to see you there. :doorag:
:chat: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat&room=1

frank3
11-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Lamonster, really value your and Fred's opnions and comments regarding the Rt as I have one on order. I am never available on Monday :shemademe_smilie: nights to listen/watch in on the discussion let alone respond so---- I'm wondering if there is some way to view (after the fact) the discussion that will take place. thanks

Lamonster
11-30-2009, 02:18 PM
The chat log is not that easy to retrieve with this software and the chat is hard to follow as it is wide open and not really that organized. Even if I did post the log it would be a mess to read. Sorry

Lamonster
11-30-2009, 08:58 PM
bump :chat:

BumbleBee
11-30-2009, 09:58 PM
:2thumbs: Thanks, came in late :D

bjt
11-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Let's see if this works....

Welcome! You have entered [The Spyder Web] at 8:52 pm
[The Spyder Web]: has left at 8:52 pm
[The Spyder Web]: glynnk has entered at 8:52 pm
[The Spyder Web]: glynnk has entered at 8:52 pm
[glynnk] 8:52 pm: hello..
8:52 pm: Hi glynnk
[bjt] 8:53 pm: We're the first two
[The Spyder Web]: Freditor has entered at 8:53 pm
[The Spyder Web]: Freditor has entered at 8:53 pm
[glynnk] 8:53 pm: yeah, it looks that way...since I missed last week's discussion I wanted to make sure I got in on this one..
[bjt] 8:54 pm: Hi Fred
[glynnk] 8:54 pm: Have you folks ordered your Rt/
[Freditor] 8:54 pm: Hi. I guess I'm in the right place?
[bjt] 8:54 pm: Yep, you beat the mad rush ;)
[The Spyder Web]: Suds has entered at 8:54 pm
[The Spyder Web]: Suds has entered at 8:54 pm
[bjt] 8:54 pm: hey suds
[bjt] 8:55 pm: I would really like to order an RT glynnk but finances and the unsure job market has me not wanting to attemp getting a loan for one
[The Spyder Web]: SeaBreeze has entered at 8:55 pm
[The Spyder Web]: SeaBreeze has entered at 8:55 pm
[The Spyder Web]: SLO RYDER has entered at 8:55 pm
[The Spyder Web]: SLO RYDER has entered at 8:55 pm
[bjt] 8:55 pm: Hey Seabreeze
[bjt] 8:56 pm: and SLO RYDER
[glynnk] 8:56 pm: yeah, the economy still hasn't made much of a turnaround yet..
[glynnk] 8:56 pm: any of you folks on last week?
[bjt] 8:56 pm: I'm in Michigan so we are really hurting.
[bjt] 8:57 pm: I was
[bjt] 8:57 pm: and I think Freditor was here last week..... ;)
[Suds] 8:57 pm: I was
[glynnk] 8:57 pm: I'm in Texas and we're not hurting as bad as some parts of the country like Michigan..
[Freditor] 8:58 pm: Sorry, I was trying to learn how to make the text larger - couldn't read it!
[Freditor] 8:58 pm: Yes, I was here
[The Spyder Web]: medican has entered at 8:58 pm
[The Spyder Web]: medican has entered at 8:58 pm
[bjt] 8:58 pm: Did you find it Fred? I think under Options then text
[The Spyder Web]: Lamonster has entered at 8:58 pm
[The Spyder Web]: Lamonster has entered at 8:58 pm
[Freditor] 8:58 pm: Yes, I got it - thanks
[medican] 8:58 pm: Good evening all
[Freditor] 8:59 pm: Hey Lamont!
[bjt] 8:59 pm: Finally, the host shows.....
[Lamonster] 8:59 pm: hey guys
[glynnk] 8:59 pm: hi Lamont..
[Freditor] 8:59 pm: Don't know how long I'll last - haven't had dinner yet, and Cherrie has a lasagna in the oven...
[bjt] 8:59 pm: Hey Lamont. Called on Debbie's Spyder today and now they are waiting on a backordered bearing..... :down:
[Lamonster] 9:00 pm: I see Fred remembered :yeah:
[medican] 9:00 pm: Lomont......have you put the new shocks on the RT yet?
[Freditor] 9:00 pm: Actually, Cherrie had to remind me...
[The Spyder Web]: spyryder has entered at 9:00 pm
[The Spyder Web]: spyryder has entered at 9:00 pm
[The Spyder Web]: AntelopeSpyder has entered at 9:00 pm
[The Spyder Web]: AntelopeSpyder has entered at 9:00 pm
[Lamonster] 9:00 pm: no shocks yet, got to fix my oil leak first
[The Spyder Web]: 8 Legged Freak has entered at 9:01 pm
[The Spyder Web]: 8 Legged Freak has entered at 9:01 pm
[bjt] 9:01 pm: Next chat will be a Fred's place as long as his wife is cooking lasagna again.... :roll:
[glynnk] 9:01 pm: Fred, what other vidoes can we expect to see in the coming weeks from you and the RT?
[The Spyder Web]: Spyder1026 has entered at 9:02 pm
[The Spyder Web]: Spyder1026 has entered at 9:02 pm
[medican] 9:02 pm: waiting on o rings?
[Freditor] 9:02 pm: I've got one I'm just finishing, about the Toys for Tots run at Camp Pendleton, then I'm leaving Thursday with the Spyder, and with David Hough on another RT, to attend his induction ceremony into the Hall of Fame in Las Vegas.
[glynnk] 9:02 pm: Look forward to seein those...
[bjt] 9:02 pm: sounds nice
[The Spyder Web]: SLO RYDER has left at 9:02 pm
[The Spyder Web]: SLO RYDER has entered at 9:02 pm
[The Spyder Web]: SLO RYDER has entered at 9:02 pm
[Lamonster] 9:02 pm: yep, I could find one that works but BRP is next daying one to me so I hope to get it tomorrow
[medican] 9:03 pm: nice
[Freditor] 9:03 pm: That's what you get for having an automatic, you wimp!
[bjt] 9:03 pm: :D
[glynnk] 9:03 pm: hahahaa
[Freditor] 9:03 pm: kidding, just kidding... loved the automatic, actually.
[medican] 9:03 pm: LMAO
[Lamonster] 9:03 pm: hehe, you know us Boss Hoss guys like autos :up:
[Freditor] 9:04 pm: Got caught in an LA traffic jam the other day, and wished like hell I had the automatic!
[Lamonster] 9:04 pm: I like taking stuff apart anyway
[Lamonster] 9:04 pm: I love shifting this thing at 7K
[medican] 9:04 pm: love the tech pic
[The Spyder Web]: mrwidget has entered at 9:05 pm
[The Spyder Web]: mrwidget has entered at 9:05 pm
[Freditor] 9:05 pm: I don't mind taking stuff apart, but when I go to put it back together, I always have parts left over...
[bjt] 9:05 pm: Do you always ride with the trailer behind Fred or only when you need the carrying capacity?
[Freditor] 9:05 pm: I pull the trailer about 90% of the time, but mainly because BRP wants to show it off.
[Freditor] 9:05 pm: I'd rather ride without it
[bjt] 9:05 pm: Do you notice any difference with or without the trailer?
[SLO RYDER] 9:05 pm: SLO RYDER Hello My screen is dark how can I read the notes
[glynnk] 9:06 pm: Fred, as one of the BRP RT ambassadors, do you chat with the 3 others besides Lamont?
[Freditor] 9:06 pm: Definitely affects your rate of acceleration
[glynnk] 9:06 pm: yellow's hard to read...
[Lamonster] 9:06 pm: SLO RYDER - you can change it in your options
[Freditor] 9:06 pm: Actually, no. I see Ken now and then, as we don't live that far apart, but mostly I'm a loner.
[bjt] 9:06 pm: Go into options SLO RYDER and change the gradient or whatnot
[Lamonster] 9:07 pm: theres a setting to make everyones color the same as yours....that's what I do
[Freditor] 9:07 pm: Met Lamont in Hollywood a few months back, and actually kinda liked the guy - only reason I keep in touch.
[bjt] 9:07 pm: Hey kinda grows on you.... :)
[Lamonster] 9:08 pm: I knew your wife before I knew you Fred
[medican] 9:08 pm: :whistle:
[Freditor] 9:08 pm: Unfortunately, in this business you meet a lot of phonies, and at this stage of my career, I don't have to put up with them, so I don't. But Lamont's the real deal - actually loves what he's doing, and knows a lot about it.
[glynnk] 9:08 pm: Fred, has your attitude and perspective changed any on the RT since the "driveway" video?
[Lamonster] 9:09 pm: not in a Biblical way :grin:
[SeaBreeze] 9:09 pm: [B]I don't seem to be getting anything on the chat room. Current conversation are not showig, Need Help
[SLO RYDER] 9:09 pm: Fred, What are the settings on your front suspenton
[Freditor] 9:09 pm: If anything, I love it more every day - honest.
9:09 pm: I wasn't going to ask....
[Freditor] 9:09 pm: Why are the messages coming through in weird colors?
[Freditor] 9:09 pm: I can't read some of them
[bjt] 9:10 pm: They have the options somehow set that way
[glynnk] 9:10 pm: that's good to know...
[Freditor] 9:10 pm: Just passing 10,000 miles on the RT, and virtually no complaints. My other bikes are getting lonely...
[The Spyder Web]: jima1153 has entered at 9:11 pm
[The Spyder Web]: jima1153 has entered at 9:11 pm
[Lamonster] 9:11 pm: I'll see if I can set the default color the same as the boards so we won't have this problem
[bjt] 9:11 pm: I'm set for the Silver gradient color scheme and everything looks okay, except for the white text and the grey.
[Freditor] 9:11 pm: Yeah, the light grey washes out
[8 Legged Freak] 9:12 pm: Fred/Lamonster, having logged plenty of time on the RT, in your humble opines "How would a person with a 32 inch inseam feel on the RT?"
[medican] 9:12 pm: Fred...your front end....have you still got it a click from max, and haw do you find it?
[bjt] 9:12 pm: Fred, SLO RYDER asked "What are the settings on your front suspension"
[glynnk] 9:13 pm: I've ordered an RT-S and the one thing I've noticed on demo rides is some difficulty reading the panel screen. Is there a "brightness" setting?
[Freditor] 9:13 pm: I have a 29-inch inseam, several friends around six foot have said they were okay, but one guy 6' 2" said he was cramped, and it looked like it
[Lamonster] 9:13 pm: Go to- OPTIONS-TEXT- and click the box that says- Use my text color for all received messages
[Freditor] 9:13 pm: Yes, you can adjust the RECC brightness level
[The Spyder Web]: DynamoBT has entered at 9:13 pm
[The Spyder Web]: DynamoBT has entered at 9:13 pm
[bjt] 9:14 pm: I'm 6'4", 36" inseam and I could ride it though I would like the riders rump rest on the set to be a bit farther back.
[The Spyder Web]: PalmBeachRyder has entered at 9:14 pm
[The Spyder Web]: PalmBeachRyder has entered at 9:14 pm
[SLO RYDER] 9:14 pm: Do you feel that the bars are too close to you
[glynnk] 9:14 pm: Fred...that's good to know
[bjt] 9:14 pm: That's great Lamont, thanks for pointing it out
[Freditor] 9:14 pm: Looks like there is room to set the pegs farther down and forward, if someone built an adaptor plate, like Lamont, maybe?
[Lamonster] 9:15 pm: I have a few mods in mind for the RT
[medican] 9:15 pm: Fred how do you find the front end on the RT
[Freditor] 9:15 pm: Can't read messages from SLORYDER,
[Freditor] 9:16 pm: be more specific, what about the front end?
[medican] 9:17 pm: You posted that it was a little soft and you set it a click down from max, how did you find it then
[jima1153] 9:17 pm: Does the new trailer have trailer brakes?
[8 Legged Freak] 9:18 pm: SLORYDER asked if you feel that the bars are too close to you.
[Freditor] 9:18 pm: At one click below max, it is just right for me, but I like it all the way to max when riding two-up. It's great there, but I worry that there is no more adjustment available, if and when I need it. Would opt for a suspension upgrade if it becomes available
[Freditor] 9:18 pm: Keep in mind, though, I'm FAT.
[The Spyder Web]: BumbleBee has entered at 9:18 pm
[The Spyder Web]: BumbleBee has entered at 9:18 pm
[medican] 9:18 pm: lol
[bjt] 9:18 pm: +1. If I had the cash, I'd be putting Elka's on my Spyder
[Suds] 9:18 pm: Has anyone heard how many RT's have been delivered
[Freditor] 9:18 pm: 265 lbs for me, and another 160 for my wife, so we are taxing the suspension
[spyryder] 9:18 pm: Fred, is the trailer hitch easy to remove and install? Or do you just leave it on when not using the trailer?
[Lamonster] 9:19 pm: sorry guys but I got a fire to put out...not a real fire just a server issue
[The Spyder Web]: Lamonster has left at 9:19 pm
[glynnk] 9:19 pm: Fred, welcome to the club....LO
[Freditor] 9:19 pm: About the bars - no, I find the location just right for me, but they would be close for someone larger than me
[Freditor] 9:20 pm: I haven't yet removed the hitch, but it looks like it is a simple, two-bolt operation
[glynnk] 9:20 pm: Fred, what's your assessment of the cruise control?
[Freditor] 9:20 pm: Lamont has a hitch now, and he might know more
[spyryder] 9:20 pm: cool
[The Spyder Web]: Lamonster has entered at 9:20 pm
[The Spyder Web]: Lamonster has entered at 9:20 pm
[bjt] 9:20 pm: That was quick
[Freditor] 9:21 pm: The cruise is pretty good, as bike cruise controls go. Only complaint is a "drop back" of about 3 mph after you set it, so you learn to compensate.
[Lamonster] 9:21 pm: it was just a setting....easy one
[Freditor] 9:21 pm: Lamont, have you removed your hitch yet? Someone was asking how easy
[Freditor] 9:21 pm: I've never had mine off
[bjt] 9:21 pm: hmmm.... The demo RT that I rode, the cruise was rock solid. set it at 55 and it stayed at 55....
[Lamonster] 9:22 pm: I'm waiting to have one to remove
[Freditor] 9:22 pm: I thought you got one with the new bike
[Lamonster] 9:22 pm: I hope to have a trailer in the next week or two
[Lamonster] 9:22 pm: it was getting some needed mods
[bjt] 9:23 pm: the trailer?
[Freditor] 9:23 pm: Cruise stays where I set it, but if I increase or decrease speed setting while still in cruise, when I release the button, it drops off 3-4 mph from where I release
[bjt] 9:23 pm: I see. I only road tested the RT about 15 miles so I didn't get to play with it much
[Freditor] 9:24 pm: Totally diferent subject, but I think worth mentioning - of all the intercom systems I've ever tested (about 50 of them, I think), this is the first VOX-operating system I've ever known to actually work properly. I love it.
[Spyder1026] 9:24 pm: I hope they offer the cruise as an option for the GS
[bjt] 9:24 pm: Fred, have you been giving BRP feedback seperate from the blogs you post?
[The Spyder Web]: medican has left at 9:24 pm
[The Spyder Web]: medican has entered at 9:24 pm
[The Spyder Web]: medican has entered at 9:24 pm
[Lamonster] 9:25 pm: cool, I'm getting a BRP headset to play with this week too
[Freditor] 9:25 pm: Absolutely, I talk with the engineers every couple of days. They constantly call or e-mail. They are very proactive about making sure the unit gets all the bugs worked out
[DynamoBT] 9:25 pm: you've got to get your wife on it
[bjt] 9:25 pm: :)
[Lamonster] 9:26 pm: we all report to BRP whenever we have something that we think is note worthy
[The Spyder Web]: dltang has entered at 9:26 pm
[Freditor] 9:26 pm: About once a week they ask me to try certain things, and tell them what happens. Like accelerating from a stop while still holding the brake on, just to see how the bike reacts
[medican] 9:26 pm: Lamont....could you please hook your GPS to a Bluetooth phone and see I you can talk on your phone through your headset......:music:
[glynnk] 9:26 pm: Fred/Lamont--My dealer indicated a delivery date for my RT-S by late December, early January. Do either of you know of any BRP production problems in delivery schedules?
[Lamonster] 9:26 pm: I think my wife is going on a toy run this Sat. if the weather holds
[DynamoBT] 9:27 pm: Yeah!
[Lamonster] 9:27 pm: I'll try that
[bjt] 9:27 pm: :yeah:
[Freditor] 9:27 pm: Last I heard, most deliveries wouldn't happen until February - but I really don't know anything for sure
[bjt] 9:27 pm: with you on the RT?
[medican] 9:27 pm: thank you......
[Lamonster] 9:28 pm: last I heard everything was online to ship next month through Feb. for the PE's
[SeaBreeze] 9:29 pm: [B]Does the RT S have a universal jack for any kind of wired headset intercom or just BRT's headset
[Freditor] 9:29 pm: Any seven-pin standard headset will work - five-pin (older units) need an adaptor or a 7-pin lower cord
[Freditor] 9:30 pm: I have three different kinds of headsets, and they all work on the RT
[Freditor] 9:30 pm: Even my new dual-channel bluetooth Nolan N-Com
9:30 pm: There is a new Scala Rider G4 coming out. Does anyone know if it has a seven-pin?
[Freditor] 9:31 pm: I thought the Scala were only wireless?
[bjt] 9:31 pm: has there been any discussion of BRP making the rider pillion communication available without having to get the CB setup?
[medican] 9:31 pm: Fred how is your Bluetooth hooked to the RT
[Freditor] 9:31 pm: Don't think it can be done without a whole new audio system. The intercom uses the CB amp and wiring
[Freditor] 9:32 pm: Of course, you could get a Chatterbox pretty cheap and use that...
[bjt] 9:32 pm: uggg.... I tried a chatterbox before, didn't care for it much
[Freditor] 9:33 pm: My helmet has built-in, dual-channel Bluetooth, so I run it through the Zumo 660, and my Blackberry at the same time
[bjt] 9:33 pm: too big and bulky on the side of my helmet
[Lamonster] 9:33 pm: you're such a geek Fred :grin:
[The Spyder Web]: John G has entered at 9:33 pm
[The Spyder Web]: John G has entered at 9:33 pm
[The Spyder Web]: ddaybc has entered at 9:33 pm
[The Spyder Web]: ddaybc has entered at 9:33 pm
[BumbleBee] 9:34 pm: Hi Fred! Met you in CowTown USA, Cuba, MO. Is BRP going to make a cooler for the trailer?
[Freditor] 9:34 pm: It would be great if BRP had put a built-in Bluetooth in the audio system. I don't really need it, but it would be nice to have
[medican] 9:34 pm: yes it would
[bjt] 9:34 pm: Have you used the CB Fred?
[Freditor] 9:34 pm: Have talked to the accessories guys about a cooler - they told me it was on the agenda. I want one that is custom-fit to go under the front lid of the trailer. I think that would be great
[ddaybc] 9:35 pm: Hi everyone. I'm new to the spyder world and new to this chat thing so I'm just going to watch and learn for a while.
[BumbleBee] 9:35 pm: I know, that's what you told me, when we spoke. That would be great
[Freditor] 9:35 pm: Yes, I use the CB a lot with the Gold Wing clubs around here. I hear them perfectly, and they tell me it sounds great. However, the range is pretty limited
[bjt] 9:35 pm: That's great ddaybc
[bjt] 9:36 pm: How much is "limited"?
[Lamonster] 9:36 pm: what is the range Fred?
[Freditor] 9:36 pm: Not a function of the CB, I'm sure, but the makeup of the bike. CB needs ferrous metal to act as a ground plane of the carrier wave, and the Spyder just doesn't have a lot of steel in it
[Freditor] 9:37 pm: Very difficult question to answer - depends on conditions. In the city, about a half-mile, but out in the open desert, about three to four miles
[bjt] 9:38 pm: I struggled with getting a J&M CB system to work on my current Spyder. Fianlly sold it
[Freditor] 9:38 pm: More tall buildings = less range, like any long-wave radio
[AntelopeSpyder] 9:38 pm: Fred- where is the press to talk button for the CB?
[Freditor] 9:38 pm: The type of antenna is critical on a bike like the Spyder
[Freditor] 9:38 pm: PTT on the RT is where your mode switch is on the RS
[bjt] 9:39 pm: But your RT CB gets at least 1/2 mile range? I don't think that's too bad
[Freditor] 9:39 pm: No, it isn't bad, and the amplitude modulation, that gives you clarity of sound, is excellent
[Lamonster] 9:40 pm: how does that compair to a Wings CB?
[medican] 9:40 pm: more for talking bike to bike I would say
[spyryder] 9:40 pm: Driving semi, I'm lucky to get 1/2 mile range
[bjt] 9:40 pm: What range do the Goldwing CBs have?
[glynnk] 9:40 pm: Fred/Lamont--One thing I've noticed on the the two BRP demo rides I've taken on an RT is the rider seat had developed creases. I realize that the demo units have probably had hundreds of riders on them, but it appeared that the material might be streatched. Have either of you noticed anything similar?
[Freditor] 9:40 pm: Yes - the material on mine is stretching and getting creases
[Freditor] 9:41 pm: Doesn't seem to be hurting anything at this point, but I'm keeping an eye on it
[Freditor] 9:41 pm: The good news is that though about 500 people have snagged it with their boots, no one has been able to tear it!
[Lamonster] 9:41 pm: the seat on my new RT is tighter than the first one I got but it's still got great quality
[bjt] 9:42 pm: the seat skin is tighter or
the way the seat is mounted?
[Lamonster] 9:42 pm: I think I'm going to dish my seat a bit and have it recovered
[Freditor] 9:42 pm: Missed Lamont's earlier question about the CB compared to my Wing -- I'd say it was about equal.
[Lamonster] 9:43 pm: the skin BJ
[The Spyder Web]: dltang has left at 9:43 pm
[Freditor] 9:43 pm: Actually, people can hear me better on the CB on the Spyder, but I'm certain that is because of the increased wind protection on the RT. Put the windshield up, and you have an amazing still air pocket, even at highway speeds
[bjt] 9:44 pm: +1
[bjt] 9:44 pm: I sure loved my test ride
[SLO RYDER] 9:44 pm: On my demo ride the seat seemed to push me forward. I would like to sit a little farther back. I'm only 5' 11"
[Freditor] 9:44 pm: There isn't going to be any moving that seat - better to try moving the handlebars or footpegs
[BumbleBee] 9:45 pm: I can't sit all the way back, I have short arms and have to stretch
[bjt] 9:45 pm: I would like to see what Russell could do with an RT seat.
[Freditor] 9:46 pm: Good point - I've had two of my seats rebuilt by Russell over the years, and both were terrific
[medican] 9:46 pm: the aftermarket stuff should be kicking in soon for the RT
[Lamonster] 9:46 pm: I'm sure Des at Ultimate Seats will be building a seat for the RT too
[bjt] 9:46 pm: I really like what they did to my Spyder GS seat.
[glynnk] 9:46 pm: Fred/Lamont--At this point do you feel that BRP is pleased with the response that the RT's gotten from the motorcycle community and the media?
[SLO RYDER] 9:46 pm: I love the Corbin on my RS didn't get to try a Russell
[The Spyder Web]: Ken5517 / Wish Again has entered at 9:46 pm
[The Spyder Web]: Ken5517 / Wish Again has entered at 9:46 pm
[Freditor] 9:47 pm: I've already had guys from three different aftermarket companies come over to my house to take detailed measurements of every single part of the RT, so they can get to work on new accessories
[Lamonster] 9:47 pm: glynnk - from what I've been told they are very happy with the responce
[bjt] 9:47 pm: That's interesting. Can you spill the beans on what types of things they are looking at doing?
[Freditor] 9:48 pm: I think the response has been great, with the notable exception of some ex-racers at some of the magazines, who insist on comparing it with sportbikes..
[glynnk] 9:48 pm: Oh, that's great to hear.... I've told my wife that once I got my RT there would be no need for any additional "goodies"!!
[bjt] 9:48 pm: :D
[Lamonster] 9:48 pm: :grin:
[bjt] 9:48 pm: did she buy it?
[Freditor] 9:48 pm: Honestly, I'm not sure what they are trying to build. I think that's why they want the dimensions, to start dreaming stuff up
[SLO RYDER] 9:49 pm: There is always room for "goodies"
[The Spyder Web]: Roger has entered at 9:49 pm
[The Spyder Web]: Roger has entered at 9:49 pm
[Freditor] 9:49 pm: Obviously, some guy on this board, who shall remain nameless, has a head start on al of them..
[Lamonster] 9:49 pm: :whistle:
[medican] 9:49 pm: :D
[glynnk] 9:49 pm: Well, she seemed to accept my comment, knowing full well that it would be a lie!
[bjt] 9:49 pm: :whistle:
[Freditor] 9:50 pm: I see I didn't fool anyone...
[bjt] 9:50 pm: Where's that "I know nothink" clip when you need it?
[medican] 9:50 pm: Same baot.....GLYNNK...lmao
[Freditor] 9:51 pm: Interesting stat from the Motorcycle Industry Council: Average buyer of a new touring bike spends $1200 in accessories his first year of ownership, then $800 the second year, tapering off to around $400 per year for the next three years after that
[bjt] 9:51 pm: Seems to have been a little more laid back this week, not so many tech questions
[medican] 9:51 pm: boat:red:
[glynnk] 9:51 pm: I just wish the thing would get here...
[Lamonster] 9:52 pm: I got to run guys....Fred thanks again for stopping by and I'll try and fix the color thing for next week. Good night all
[bjt] 9:52 pm: later
[The Spyder Web]: WackyDan has entered at 9:52 pm
[The Spyder Web]: WackyDan has entered at 9:52 pm
[BumbleBee] 9:52 pm: good-night
[WackyDan] 9:52 pm: Holy cow.
[bjt] 9:52 pm: You answered all the hard stuff last week Fred
[The Spyder Web]: Lamonster has left at 9:52 pm
[medican] 9:52 pm: night
[WackyDan] 9:52 pm: This is most I've ever seen here
[glynnk] 9:52 pm: thanks Lamont... appreciate evrything you and Fred do for the Spyder communbity.
[Freditor] 9:52 pm: Actually, I have to go too - the timer on the oven just went off, and my lasagna is ready!
[The Spyder Web]: AntelopeSpyder has left at 9:52 pm
[SLO RYDER] 9:53 pm: Yes thanks to Lamonster & Fred
[The Spyder Web]: John G has left at 9:53 pm
[bjt] 9:53 pm: Have a good dinner. Thanks for showing up.
[glynnk] 9:53 pm: thanks for your insight Fred...
[BumbleBee] 9:53 pm: What time is dinner?
[Freditor] 9:53 pm: My job is to toast the garlic bread.... goodnight all!
[SeaBreeze] 9:53 pm: [B]great info on the RT, See you all next week
[The Spyder Web]: Roger has left at 9:53 pm
[jima1153] 9:53 pm: thanks all
[medican] 9:53 pm: have a good one Fred thanks
[The Spyder Web]: Freditor has left at 9:53 pm
[The Spyder Web]: SLO RYDER has left at 9:53 pm
[BumbleBee] 9:53 pm: Thanks, talk to you all next week, good-night
[medican] 9:53 pm: night
[The Spyder Web]: Spyder1026 has left at 9:53 pm
[The Spyder Web]: jima1153 has left at 9:53 pm
[The Spyder Web]: Ken5517 / Wish Again has left at 9:53 pm
[medican] 9:53 pm: there goes the room
[The Spyder Web]: mrwidget has left at 9:54 pm
[WackyDan] 9:54 pm: heh
[bjt] 9:54 pm: all the celebs left... lol
[WackyDan] 9:54 pm: I show up and it all goes bad.
[The Spyder Web]: SeaBreeze has left at 9:54 pm
[medican] 9:54 pm: and I thought they were all here for me....lmao
[BumbleBee] 9:54 pm: I'm still here
[bjt] 9:54 pm: I'm out too, take care all
[The Spyder Web]: 8 Legged Freak has left at 9:54 pm
[The Spyder Web]: glynnk has left at 9:54 pm
[bjt] 9:54 pm: Yuo're an hour late WackyDan
[bjt] 9:54 pm: reset your clock bro.
[bjt] 9:54 pm: :D
[ddaybc] 9:54 pm: Interesting chat room. I'll have to come back next Monday. Goodnight.
[WackyDan] 9:54 pm: Didn't even know there was anything going on.... :P
[The Spyder Web]: ddaybc has left at 9:55 pm
[medican] 9:55 pm: night
[bjt] 9:55 pm: lol

bjt
12-01-2009, 07:16 AM
It was a good time. Fred was with us for an hour again this week. That's awesome. :thumbup: We had about 20 - 25 people in the chatroom with about 10 - 15 of the attendees actively participating. As you can see by the chat log, it gets a little hectic in there at times with a number of questions hitting at the same time but Freditor and Lamonster did a great job of answering questions. Thanks guys.

GaryTheBadger
12-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Has anyone considered doing these live chats using a phone line? I do this every day for work and its much more productive than a multi-person Instant Message session. There are many free conference call services available on-line, both ad-hoc and pre-planned.

Lamonster
12-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Has anyone considered doing these live chats using a phone line? I do this every day for work and its much more productive than a multi-person Instant Message session. There are many free conference call services available on-line, both ad-hoc and pre-planned.
I've done that too but I don't think that would work too good with 20-25 people all at the same time.

bjt
12-01-2009, 03:59 PM
... but I don't think that would work too good with 20-25 people all at the same time.

+1 With this format, you still have 3 or more people asking (typing) questions at the same time. It would be harder if those same 3 people were trying to ask the questions and having 3 or 4 others making other comments (as is always happening in the chats). Many times, there are two or more conversations going on at once.