PDA

View Full Version : Supension Setting

2Gunns
11-30-2009, 11:31 AM
I've seen quite a bit of discussion on the supension setting of the RT. Seems a FIRM setting is the preferred. Not sure what the demo ride was set on, but it did feel a bit wobbly.

How about a brief on the overall ride at differant settings.

Lamonster
11-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Seems all the demo units are setup a little light on the front. Setting the front shocks all the way up will improve the handling but will be a little harsher on the bumps.

NancysToy
11-30-2009, 12:47 PM
I've seen quite a bit of discussion on the supension setting of the RT. Seems a FIRM setting is the preferred. Not sure what the demo ride was set on, but it did feel a bit wobbly.

How about a brief on the overall ride at differant settings.
Since only one private owner has an RT, there is little to describe. There are also the five RT5 test machines out there. I don't remember much said about thse suspension settings. All the demos I have seen had the suspension set at three (out of five), the factory default setting. Those machines probably also run the factory recommended low front tire pressure, so that may be part of the feeling riders have described. I should also point out that suspension settings are different for different weights of riders, and different rider preferences, so you will get many different impressions from different people. I'm afraid a definitive answer to your question will have to wait...and may be a lot like the answer to "Which oil is best?"

Lamonster
11-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Here's what Fred had to say about it.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=162293#post162293

Questions
11-30-2009, 11:07 PM
I have found that my best set up on my RT-S is Middle position on the frontz, and fully hard setting on the rear shocks