PDA

View Full Version : Our new machines!

skypup
11-29-2009, 08:23 PM
My wife and I planned on getting an RT but decided that just wouldn't work since neither of us would be very good passengers. Sooooo we bought two spyder sports. Hers is yellow and mine is red. You know how you need service and an oil change at 625 miles? I managed to put on 581 miles in the first week so yesterday we were back at the dealership for service. Today we got up early and drove 20 miles or so for breakfast. We then rode to several destinations and put on 179.4 miles in the process getting home about 7pm. Our dogs now hate us and think we've deserted them. Haven't had so much fun in years.

BRP has done one heck of an engineering job on this design. We both love the performance and handling. We've done all the slow twists and turns in the country and have cruised at 65 to 70 on the highways. We are both impressed and excited. This machine has it all and puts the fun back in riding.

Di got 34.3 mpg and I got 35.6 mpg near as we can tell. Should get better with more run time.

If anyone is on the fence about one of these machines I say do it! My wife will second that motion!:2thumbs:

DynamoBT
11-29-2009, 08:53 PM
welcome and:congrats: on your two Spyders!!

Rando
11-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Sooooo we bought two spyder sports. Our dogs now hate us and think we've deserted them.Same here, we also have two Spyders! HISZ & HERSZ. We ended up buying a dog trailer and take the dogs along with us! I tried to get a personalized plate for the trailer, THEIRSZ, but they don't allow personalized trailer plates in Michigan.

dltang
11-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Yup, gotta love a two spyder marriage. We sure do. Traveling together is an awful lot of fun.

docdoru
11-29-2009, 09:28 PM
:congrats: for your :spyder: and :spyder2: :thumbup:

Big Arm
11-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Di got 34.3 mpg and I got 35.6 mpg near as we can tell. Should get better with more run time.

If anyone is on the fence about one of these machines I say do it! My wife will second that motion!:2thumbs:

The Silver ones get better mileage. :roflblack:

welcome and :congrats: to the both of you :clap:

jsmiley
11-29-2009, 11:01 PM
I aaammmmmmmm feeling ya! Sounds like you kids been having some fun! Throw a change of clothes in the trunk and keep riding, it just gets better. :D

:congrats:

Firefly
11-30-2009, 12:13 AM

Good choice!

BumbleBee
11-30-2009, 05:14 AM
welcome:congrats: Enjoy your new rydes and ryde safe

:clap::2thumbs::ohyea::spyder2:

Lamonster
11-30-2009, 08:07 AM
:congrats::spyder2::congrats::spyder2:

bjt
11-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Congrats on two new Spyders.

GaryTheBadger
11-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Silver got better mileage because its common knowledge yellow is the fastest color and that requires a little more fuel.

musicarcade
11-30-2009, 10:00 AM
welcome:congrats:on your:spyder:and:spyder2:
:yes::yes::yes:

Some Guy
11-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Nice! welcome :ohyea:

LaughingHeart
11-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Welcome to both of you. I rode double with my husband on his BMW LT. Then I got the bug to have my own ride. Now I have a silver Spyder and love doing my own thing. We love riding together and are having so much fun! I think you will love your Spyders! welcomewelcome

LDFIREWORKS
11-30-2009, 10:35 AM
welcome:congrats::clap::2thumbs:

fastfraser
11-30-2009, 11:03 AM
:congrats::spyder2: #1 :congrats::spyder2: #2

8LEGS
11-30-2009, 11:37 AM
:congrats::yes::yes:

ntxYguy2009
11-30-2009, 11:46 AM
welcome and :congrats: on your new :spyder2:s!

sixpack
11-30-2009, 11:50 AM
welcome :congrats: :2thumbs:

Sarge707
11-30-2009, 01:50 PM
welcome:congrats::2thumbs: WELCOME!!!

TonyMac
11-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Welcome to the community. I think we met at the STS ride. We have a growing contingent here in San Antonio and the rest of South Texas so we will have to get together to ride soon.

Nothing more fun that seeing a bunch of Spyders on the road!:doorag:

skypup
11-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Welcome to the community. I think we met at the STS ride. We have a growing contingent here in San Antonio and the rest of South Texas so we will have to get together to ride soon.

Nothing more fun that seeing a bunch of Spyders on the road!:doorag:

Tony

We're ready. Yesterday we went to Boerne for breakfast (Cavern Inn),Lukenbach for music,Fredericksburg,Comfort,back to Boerne and on to Bandera for lunch/dinner. It was 179.4 miles and we still could have gone more but it was getting dark. Contact us at skypup50@hotmail.com to plan a ride anytime.

Bob and Di

skypup
11-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Same here, we also have two Spyders! HISZ & HERSZ. We ended up buying a dog trailer and take the dogs along with us! I tried to get a personalized plate for the trailer, THEIRSZ, but they don't allow personalized trailer plates in Michigan.

That is really cool. We have two daschunds, Newbie and Gretl a miniature. Where did you get the trailer? Have a link?

DynamoBT
11-30-2009, 03:24 PM
You people are lucky with your small dogs. I think I'd need more than my Spyder to haul my two Bull Terriers.

Next time around, I'm going small (er)!!

Rando
11-30-2009, 03:26 PM
That is really cool. We have two daschunds, Newbie and Gretl a miniature. Where did you get the trailer? Have a link?http://www.k-9koach.com/motorcycle-dog-trailer.html Ask for John and mention my name, Randy

Rando
11-30-2009, 03:28 PM
You people are lucky with your small dogs. I think I'd need more than my Spyder to haul my two Bull Terriers.

Next time around, I'm going small (er)!!http://www.k-9koach.com/motorcycle-dog-trailer.html John will make them in any size you need!

skypup
11-30-2009, 04:07 PM
http://www.k-9koach.com/motorcycle-dog-trailer.html Ask for John and mention my name, Randy

I called him, thanks for the info? Think these two will fit? The little one knows how to paint a bedroom. You can tell by her nose!:gaah:

DynamoBT
11-30-2009, 04:49 PM
I'd need a two box trailer. I don't think the Spyder would be happy pulling that!!!

Your Dachshunds are cuties!! So are your Frenchies, Rando!

Director
11-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Sweet. Congrats! Glad you are enjoying them. :thumbup::yes:

Bruce

Director
11-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Same here, we also have two Spyders! HISZ & HERSZ. We ended up buying a dog trailer and take the dogs along with us! I tried to get a personalized plate for the trailer, THEIRSZ, but they don't allow personalized trailer plates in Michigan.

That's a great idea, Randy! I like how nicely ventilated the trailer is for them too. :ohyea:

Bruce

SpyderWolf
11-30-2009, 08:44 PM
:congrats: on the 2 new Spyders!

Your color scheme is just the opposite of mine and my wife's, because I had to have the faster one so Yellow is for me! :thumbup: :ohyea:

Smylinacha
12-01-2009, 11:49 AM

skypup
12-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks all for your congrats and support.

2x spyder lovers
Bob and Di

Just ordered glo ryders and the inertia safe ryder system for our bikes. Getting lights for our fender reflectors also. More visibility is good;)

SpyderGirl
12-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Congrats on your puchase. My husband and I were cleaning up the garage yesterday and said that we had room for another Spyder and that we should get another one. That would be fine except I've already poured about $8K into the one we have now to make it comfortable to touring for the both of us... so I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon.

Happy Spydering!!!!! :thumbup:

skypup
12-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks Spydergirl. It doesn't take very long to spend money on these machines. Having two machines is awesome . We have a Cardo system to keep in touch while riding. My wife usually leads. I use to fly and never got lost but on the ground ...not so good. My wife actually likes to study maps and know the lay of the land. I'm more of a point A to point B person. Her navigating amazes me. I'll stick to the GPS thank you.

SpyderGirl
12-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks Spydergirl. It doesn't take very long to spend money on these machines. Having two machines is awesome . We have a Cardo system to keep in touch while riding. My wife usually leads. I use to fly and never got lost but on the ground ...not so good. My wife actually likes to study maps and know the lay of the land. I'm more of a point A to point B person. Her navigating amazes me. I'll stick to the GPS thank you.

Nope, it certainly does not take long at all. :)

My husband and I have the BlueAnt bluetooth intercom system and it's great. When we do ride on seperate bikes (he has a Nighthawk 750) I usually let him ahead of me (I'd rather I get rear-ended on the Spyder than him on his two-wheeler) unless we are traveling via GPS, then I lead because the GPS is set-up on the Spyder.

You guys are going to have so much fun. Welcome to the adventure!!! :ohyea:

Arachnid
12-02-2009, 05:03 PM
His and hers Spyders good Idea. :congrats:
My next girl will have to have her own Spyder because I like my Smugglers Trunk too much to take it off. :D
Hope that's not asking too much.:ohyea:
Ride On
Mike

Questions
12-02-2009, 05:24 PM
I called him, thanks for the info? Think these two will fit? The little one knows how to paint a bedroom. You can tell by her nose!:gaah:

If I had to guess, I'd say the one in the second picture is learning how to make a bed??:roflblack:

SpyderWolf
12-02-2009, 07:25 PM
His and hers Spyders good Idea. :congrats:
My next girl will have to have her own Spyder because I like my Smugglers Trunk too much to take it off. :D
Hope that's not asking too much.:ohyea:
Ride On
Mike

I don't think it is asking too much at all. I had to buy my wife one so she would quit ryding mine all the time while I was at work. ;)

txknight67
12-02-2009, 07:39 PM

Next time around, I'm going small (er)!!

Try a 100lb Akita. Don't think they make a :spyder: trailer big enough.:roflblack: