PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to mount a luggage rack behind the Ryker's solo seat?

3whlbliss
03-08-2024, 05:53 AM
Hey there. First post, new Rykers!
Just got my wife's Ryker Sport and after taking it for a spin, after 20+ years of riding I am making the switch from two wheels to 3, lol. So I got a Rally, which I haven't picked up yet.

I'm a bigger guy, so I find that with all the Ryker seat options, including my wife's comfort seat, my tailbone rests on the rear part of the seat. I need a longer seat option. I've read good things about the solo seat. However, it takes away the Max mount. We do lots of touring, so deleting the option for rear mounted luggage is actually not an option for us.

My question is, with the solo seat installed, is there a way to fabricate mounts for a rack? Are the mounting rails and bolt points still somewhat accessible with the solo seat on? I'm pretty crafty and I was hoping there's a way to create a mount to reach under the seat to the factory mounting system.

Thanks!

greer
03-08-2024, 02:03 PM
Here you go:

https://www.advancedsporttouring.com/Can_Am_Ryker_Luggage_Rack_NO_MAX_MOUNT_NEEDED_p/rkr-05.htm

And this guy makes racks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAaicI_X6Dg

I bought the one he designed to bolt to the max mount, and I've been very happy with it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

Sarah

3whlbliss
03-10-2024, 11:10 PM
Thanks very much for the link. However, I'm talking about the larger solo seat, the Can Am optional seat.

blackphoenix38
03-11-2024, 09:36 AM
Are you talking about the Max mount setup?? They make luggage for that.

If not.. I have no idea what seat you are talking about.

greer
03-11-2024, 09:52 AM
Can you post a picture of this seat on a bike? The two racks I posted bolt underneath the frame, I believe.

Sarah

3whlbliss
03-17-2024, 12:31 AM
No problem. I'm referring to the can am solo seat. You can't use the max mount with this seat. So I was wondering if the mounts are still accessible with this seat on maybe I can fabricate a new mount for panniers.

greer
03-17-2024, 05:49 AM
The Rally, like the Sport, comes with the max mount installed from the factory. Since you can't use it, would you be better off buying a standard 900 and upgrading various components to suit? The two racks I listed bolt to the frame of the bike itself, and are specifically for use without the max mount. I hope this helps, I may be misunderstanding what you're hoping to do.

Sarah

OregonRyker
03-23-2024, 10:34 AM
Maybe he's talking about this seat from the Can Am catalog. It's longer than the stock or comfort seat and would not allow the rack to mount behind it ?
I put the comfort seat on my Rally and am happy with it, but I also sit pretty far back on it.

3whlbliss
04-07-2024, 08:57 PM

3whlbliss
04-07-2024, 09:00 PM
Ops. Dunno how the pic got sideways. But you can see the nicely exposed mounts...now that I have the seat on I can fab up a luggage mount.

3whlbliss
04-07-2024, 09:01 PM
Maybe he's talking about this seat from the Can Am catalog. It's longer than the stock or comfort seat and would not allow the rack to mount behind it ?
I put the comfort seat on my Rally and am happy with it, but I also sit pretty far back on it.

Yes absolutely, I also find it rather firm.....

greer
04-09-2024, 05:29 AM
Please keep us posted on your luggage project, 3whlbliss. We're always looking for luggage solutions for these bikes. Good luck!

Sarah