PDA

View Full Version : News from the 'net...

RodO
11-29-2009, 12:41 AM
STURGIS RALLY MOVES TO DISNEYWORLD
This year's Sturgis Motorcycle Rally will finally move from its traditional location in S.Dakota's Black Hills to its new home at Orlando Florida's DisneyWorld. Long-time Sturgis organizer Willy "High-Side" LaPeete said, "It's about time. All these riders want to do is fly into the nearest airport and cruise the last five miles into Main Street." Disney management plans to keep the family focus of the event. Corporate spokesperson Mary Hansek said, "It was really a no-brainer for us. We already have a Main Street and all the usual Disney amenities will be available but don't be surprised if you see our Mickey and Goofy greeters wearing bandanas and chaps." As for what this loss means for the community of Sturgis, a town councilperson speaking strictly off-record said, "After 70 years it's enough already. Let Disney have it. We'll be okay. In fact we just inked a deal with the Western Conference Royal Doulton Collectors. Same demographic, though I suppose it'll be more of a cheap white wine and cheese crowd."

HELMET USE IN ILLINOIS NOW ILLEGAL
Bikers rights groups prevailed recently in establishing the nation's first anti-helmet use law in the state of Illinois. Originally it was the rider's choice whether or not to wear protective headgear. Now it is a class II misdemeanor punishable by fine or vehicle impoundment. The reason for this change in the law was best described by organizer Lazlo Toth. "I think riders and the government just got tired of the whole helmet debate." Despite the new ruling some riders insist they'll keep their helmets. "I still feel it's my right to wear a helmet especially if I'm traveling outside the state", said Robb McKedney astride his BMW touring bike. "Maybe I'll just take the DOT sticker off."

:joke:
Poached from: http://www.trophycycleapparel.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=19&chapter=0

madjack
11-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Intresting but It won't happen in my life time, or yours!!!

Lilly
12-01-2009, 09:59 PM
the post said "this year it will move to orlando" u do not think it is true??

madjack
12-01-2009, 10:03 PM
do you!:roflblack:

Roaddog2
12-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Intresting but It won't happen in my life time, or yours!!!Where will they set up Buffalo Chip and Glenco will they use a water slide or something for the Hill Climbs oh ya Orlando would be great the first week of August. Have to agree with Madjack hear Big Time :ani29:

WizardMaster
12-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Who ever posted this on that website should:crackpipe:. I talked to the GM of Black Hills Harley yesterday and that is COMPLETE BS. Terry is a good friend of ours and said there is NO WAY IN H-E- Double Hockey sticks that this would ever happen. But it would be interesting to see Minnine in a Bikini and chapps on the back of someones bike:yes::yes::yikes:.

madjack
12-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Wheeeow!!!, I was worried for a moment, thought I would Have to cancel our reservation for 2010:yikes::popcorn: