PDA

View Full Version : Just a little sharing of RTS owner first impressions

Questions
11-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Well I can say it is a wonderful machine, since I never owned any other spyder it is difficult to give you comparisions. Had the 600 mi. service yesterday and all went well have 780 mi. with no issues.

Went today to the factory BRP Demo activity here in Irvine CA. The RT,s were being ridden all day, lots of folks, lots of questions.

Top Likes: :thumbup:

1)Wind Protection, you can really hear the radio at 60 mph.
2)Seating and Handle bar position, It feels very natural
3)Lights at night, they are very good in lighting up the road
4) Handling in the twisties, Set the suspension to Hard and it handles great, without harshness and also when riding on normal roads.
5) The RTS has real Carlike white back up lights, just like a car.

Top Dislikes: :dontknow:
1) After you turn off the ignition the Radio stays on for about 15 sec. you can mute it but it seems one more thing to worry about.
2) Front Rims and the rear rim don't match. Front are stylish, and the rear is just an alum. unpolished wheel.
3) Seat Material looks like it is not the best quality.

Thing I would Like added::ohyea:
1) TPM tire pressure monitiors
2) Rear Truck Liner, the front is included, why not the rear ?
3) Vent in the windshield, similar to the goldwing.
4) Rear Truck Light.
5) Heated Seat
6) And the most important for us ladies is a Mirror on the Rear top box lid.

Overall I have taken the RTS on a tight mountain ride and the premier test road in So. CAL. the Ortega Highway, and the RTS is solid, powerful, and fun to ride on the tight mountain roads.

Lamonster
11-29-2009, 09:07 AM

It's funny, when I first got my RS Spyder I thought the lights were great till I installed HID's from Magic Man. Now my RT lights seem pretty DIM compared to my RS. HID's are on my list of things to change in the future.

Glad you're getting some miles on her. Thanks for the report. :doorag:

SpyderWolf
11-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the update on your ryding experiences.

I am wondering if BRP did not have any female engineers on the design team, as surely they would have picked up on this comment:

:D

Safe and Happy ryding!

Questions
11-30-2009, 12:21 AM
BRP better get their priorities straight, that mirror is a key part for any respectable ladies ride. The better you look the better the bike handles !!!

SpyderWolf
11-30-2009, 06:52 AM
BRP better get their priorities straight, that mirror is a key part for any respectable ladies ride. The better you look the better the bike handles !!!

Perhaps you should have moved it up higher on your list to get more of their attention then. :D

2Gunns
11-30-2009, 11:54 AM
I agree it seems odd that the rear trunk is not lined (nor the side bags for that matter), especially when you consider that the trailer has a liner. There is a light in the front compartment...one for the rear would be nice as well.

Thank for sharing,,,let's see some pics

Well I can say it is a wonderful machine, since I never owned any other spyder it is difficult to give you comparisions. Had the 600 mi. service yesterday and all went well have 780 mi. with no issues.

Went today to the factory BRP Demo activity here in Irvine CA. The RT,s were being ridden all day, lots of folks, lots of questions.

Top Likes: :thumbup:

1)Wind Protection, you can really hear the radio at 60 mph.
2)Seating and Handle bar position, It feels very natural
4) Handling in the twisties, Set the suspension to Hard and it handles great, without harshness and also when riding on normal roads.
5) The RTS has real Carlike white back up lights, just like a car.

Top Dislikes: :dontknow:
1) After you turn off the ignition the Radio stays on for about 15 sec. you can mute it but it seems one more thing to worry about.
2) Front Rims and the rear rim don't match. Front are stylish, and the rear is just an alum. unpolished wheel.
3) Seat Material looks like it is not the best quality.

Thing I would Like added::ohyea:
1) TPM tire pressure monitiors
2) Rear Truck Liner, the front is included, why not the rear ?
3) Vent in the windshield, similar to the goldwing.
4) Rear Truck Light.
5) Heated Seat

Overall I have taken the RTS on a tight mountain ride and the premier test road in So. CAL. the Ortega Highway, and the RTS is solid, powerful, and fun to ride on the tight mountain roads.

Utahrider
12-01-2009, 06:41 PM
I sure hope they bring out the Yellow, I like the high visibility factor and so does the insurance companies.:dontknow:

Electrified
12-01-2009, 07:13 PM
I WANT ONE!!!!:gaah:

As bad as I want to go down and plunk down my deposit, I am still holding out until at least next year for better colors and working out the bugs. I agree with the seat quality issue. When I demo'd the RT, the seat material seemed suspect and would probably be one of the first items to go.