PDA

View Full Version : More RT tech stuff

Lamonster
11-28-2009, 04:04 PM
The fan is no longer made by Spal and it will stay running when the key is off if it's hot.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=494&pictureid=7027

The CB is mounted on the right side behind the saddle bag.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=494&pictureid=7026

The parking brake has a switch to stop the motor when the brake is set. I'm not sure now if the brake is self adjusting or not. I'll have to look that up.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=494&pictureid=7025

ataDude
11-28-2009, 05:19 PM
The fan is no longer made by Spal and it will stay running when the key is off if it's hot.

Oh, shades of Buell. :yikes:

One of my riding buds has a Buell... that thing runs for five minutes at half speed after a stop. Sometimes (most times), that's embarrassing. I try to park in a different lot. :D

MarkLawson
11-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Do I understand you right... if you set the parking brake it kills the engine? Surely I misunderstood. I can't understand why that would be...

spyryder
11-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Do I understand you right... if you set the parking brake it kills the engine? Surely I misunderstood. I can't understand why that would be...

Could be the motor that operates the parking brake? :dontknow:

BumbleBee
11-29-2009, 08:56 AM
"Lamonster" What kind of oil does it take? What are you using?

Keep us posted, thanks :2thumbs:

Lamonster
11-29-2009, 09:02 AM
It stops the motor that drives the pulley, not the engine.

Lamonster
11-29-2009, 09:03 AM
"Lamonster" What kind of oil does it take? What are you using?

Keep us posted, thanks :2thumbs:
Same as the RS. I'll use what I can get that meets the API specs. :doorag:

BumbleBee
11-29-2009, 09:08 AM
Same as the RS. I'll use what I can get that meets the API specs. :doorag:

What are you using? Brand? Thanks :spyder2:

Lamonster
11-29-2009, 09:15 AM
What are you using? Brand? Thanks :spyder2:
I don't like telling anyone what I use but I will tell you what I have used that seems to work fine.

V-Twin Mobil One
Lucas V-Twin Oil
Amsoil
BRP Oil

Oil is one of those topics that can bring out the worst in people and I choose not to go there. Use what works for you and remember you can't go wrong by using what the factory recommends. :doorag:

BumbleBee
11-29-2009, 09:26 AM
I don't like telling anyone what I use but I will tell you what I have used that seems to work fine.

V-Twin Mobil One
Lucas V-Twin Oil
Amsoil
BRP Oil

Oil is one of those topics that can bring out the worst in people and I choose not to go there. Use what works for you and remember you can't go wrong by using what the factory recommends. :doorag:

:agree:with you on that one. I am pretty sure you read all the different responces about which oil to use. What I had posted is what I was told :dontknow:, each dealer has been telling us spyders something different, that was confussing :dontknow:
Thanks for sharing :2thumbs:

Lamonster
11-29-2009, 04:53 PM
The parking brake has a switch to stop the motor when the brake is set. I'm not sure now if the brake is self adjusting or not. I'll have to look that up.

I did confirm that it is self adjusting. It shuts off when a certain amperage is reached so there is no need to adjust the brake for pad wear. :doorag:

bjt
11-29-2009, 05:10 PM
I did confirm that it is self adjusting. It shuts off when a certain amperage is reached so there is no need to adjust the brake for pad wear. :doorag:

:thumbup:

Questions
11-30-2009, 12:17 AM
I had my 600 mi. service and the dealer mentioned a possible main wiring harness service bulletin for checking the routing, have you heard of this bulletin ?

Lamonster
11-30-2009, 08:14 AM
I had my 600 mi. service and the dealer mentioned a possible main wiring harness service bulletin for checking the routing, have you heard of this bulletin ?
I'm surprised he didn't do it while he had the RT. It has to do with routing of the harness and where is was ziptied. If you make a hard right or left it could unplug one of the harnesses.

Sam
11-30-2009, 11:08 PM
This might seem an odd question, but what might happen if you're cruising down the road, and should hit the parking brake button by accident. Or is there an overide built in if the Spyder is still in motion that would keep it from operating?

spyryder
12-03-2009, 01:24 PM
This might seem an odd question, but what might happen if you're cruising down the road, and should hit the parking brake button by accident. Or is there an overide built in if the Spyder is still in motion that would keep it from operating?
Parking brake won't operate above 6 mph.:doorag: