PDA

View Full Version : Can I use this Motorcycle Lift for Servicing my Ryker? Where to lift?

ryu1867
02-25-2024, 01:14 PM
A question for the knowledgeable folks on this forum.

I have recently purchased (but not yet received!) a 2023 900 Sport and already have an OTC 1545 Motorcycle/ATV lift (https://otctools.com/products/motorcycle-lift).
Can this be used to lift the Ryker safely? If so, where would be the best location for the lift?

Thanks for any help!

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-25-2024, 04:49 PM
A question for the knowledgeable folks on this forum.

I have recently purchased (but not yet received!) a 2023 900 Sport and already have an OTC 1545 Motorcycle/ATV lift (https://otctools.com/products/motorcycle-lift).
Can this be used to lift the Ryker safely? If so, where would be the best location for the lift?

Thanks for any help!

That Lift is sold under many, many different bramds .... and used by many, many folks here .... You want the lift arms under the middle area where the machine will balance .... It also should only contact the FRAME .... this type of lift has a Large area that will prevent easy access to things under the bike that you need access to ..... so after you get it up , you might have to put boxes / wood etc. under the tires and then remove that jack .... I use a small alumin. jack or one of my SCISSOR ( auto ) jacks ( under thee rear swing arm ).... because it allows plenty of uncluttered access to the drain plugs .... Good luck .... Mike :thumbup:

Jdr00ejr
02-26-2024, 08:37 AM
That Lift is sold under many, many different bramds .... and used by many, many folks here .... You want the lift arms under the middle area where the machine will balance .... It also should only contact the FRAME .... this type of lift has a Large area that will prevent easy access to things under the bike that you need access to ..... so after you get it up , you might have to put boxes / wood etc. under the tires and then remove that jack .... I use a small alumin. jack ot one of my SCISSOR ( auto ) jacks .... because it allows plenty of uncluttered access to the drain plugs .... Good luck .... Mike :thumbup:

This is the Ryker section - and the OP is talking about a Ryker. The Rykers do not have the same center frame rail that the Spyders do that folks use this jack on.

For the Rykers - I typically run the front wheels up on ramps. Make sure you block the front wheels - and then you can raise the back wheel up using the swingarm and place blocks under that back tire. This works very well for me. There is no good place under the Ryker to place the jack in question to lift the entire bike up like you can on the Spyders.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-26-2024, 03:53 PM
This is the Ryker section - and the OP is talking about a Ryker. The Rykers do not have the same center frame rail that the Spyders do that folks use this jack on.

For the Rykers - I typically run the front wheels up on ramps. Make sure you block the front wheels - and then you can raise the back wheel up using the swingarm and place blocks under that back tire. This works very well for me. There is no good place under the Ryker to place the jack in question to lift the entire bike up like you can on the Spyders.

Thanks for correcting me ..... I did not know they are Frame-less :dontknow: .....Mike :thumbup:

Jdr00ejr
02-27-2024, 08:44 AM
Thanks for correcting me ..... I did not know they are Frame-less :dontknow: .....Mike :thumbup:

I wouldn't necessarily call them frameless - but sadly don't have that common Spyder staple of the center frame beam. Man I sure wish they did - that's so super handy for lifting the Spyder and sadly you can't get the Ryker up in the air the same way. Ugh!

As you said though - that style jack on the Spyders is awesome - on the Ryker - not so much. :(