PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to install 4 speakers on the back of the Can-Am Spyder RT?

kongdoly
02-19-2024, 12:11 PM
I am currently driving a Can-Am Spyder 2020 RT.

I didn't have a girlfriend, so I took off the rear carrier bag. There were no speakers at the back, so I installed a kicker speaker using a 3D printer.

The question here is, will the amplifier be able to hold up if I install 2 main OEM speakers and 2 kicker speakers? (SPEC Four-Ohm Voice Coil)
I'm making it possible to mount two new 3D printers on the back.:pray::pray::pray:

troop
02-19-2024, 12:20 PM
Not sure, but that is cool :)

kongdoly
02-19-2024, 12:32 PM
Not sure, but that is cool :)

Thank you for watching!:2thumbs:

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-19-2024, 01:38 PM
I am currently driving a Can-Am Spyder 2020 RT.

I didn't have a girlfriend, so I took off the rear carrier bag. There were no speakers at the back, so I installed a kicker speaker using a 3D printer.

The question here is, will the amplifier be able to hold up if I install 2 main OEM speakers and 2 kicker speakers? (SPEC Four-Ohm Voice Coil)
I'm making it possible to mount two new 3D printers on the back. :pray: :pray: :pray:

The majority of what you hear on the Spyder will be coming from the front speakers .... Quality Front Low Ohm speakers will give you the biggest bang for the buck. Lots of folks here claimed it can't/shouldn't be done for many reasons ..... However, I did it on multiple Spyders with fantastic results and no failures. ..... In a car, surround sound works, you are in an enclosure... This does not apply on a Spyder or other Mtc.. .... I spent less than $350 for speakers and I have not heard another Spyder that could compare ..... JMHO ... Good luck ....Mike :thumbup:

kongdoly
02-19-2024, 02:05 PM
The majority of what you hear on the Spyder will be coming from the front speakers .... Quality Front Low Ohm speakers will give you the biggest bang for the buck. Lots of folks here claimed it can't/shouldn't be done for many reasons ..... However, I did it on multiple Spyders with fantastic results and no failures. ..... In a car, surround sound works, you are in an enclosure... This does not apply on a Spyder or other Mtc.. .... I spent less than $350 for speakers and I have not heard another Spyder that could compare ..... JMHO ... Good luck ....Mike :thumbup:

Thank you for a detailed description. I guess I should install at least a model. :shocked:

scarecrow
02-19-2024, 02:25 PM
We have made up grades to many RT's, adding 8 and 10" speakers and amps. It is true that using 2ohm speaker will sound louder and also drive the amp harder, but it will be OK to use.

Are you going to make your 3d printed speaker pod downloadable for others to use?

kongdoly
02-19-2024, 07:54 PM
We have made up grades to many RT's, adding 8 and 10" speakers and amps. It is true that using 2ohm speaker will sound louder and also drive the amp harder, but it will be OK to use.

Are you going to make your 3d printed speaker pod downloadable for others to use?

Oh I see. Let's give it a try... Thanks you! 3D files will be released on this site: https://www.thingiverse.com/. I will improve the design further and upload it!

Shadow71
03-17-2024, 01:37 AM
What speakers did you end up using?
Currently I'm looking at the 2 ohm 4-in Kickers PS40 for my 20 RTL.
I've read that some put 5.25 in the rears, but I can't seem to find an adapter ring that would work in the rear.
I'm also still in the process of trying to remove the factory front speakers.
The last top screws is hard to get to.
And still not sure what to do about the tweeter

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-17-2024, 11:18 AM
What speakers did you end up using?
Currently I'm looking at the 2 ohm 4-in Kickers PS40 for my 20 RTL.
I've read that some put 5.25 in the rears, but I can't seem to find an adapter ring that would work in the rear.
I'm also still in the process of trying to remove the factory front speakers.
The last top screws is hard to get to.
And still not sure what to do about the tweeter

I sent you a PM ..... Adapter rings will only work if you have a large hole and you want to go SMALLER ..... If you have a small hole and NEED a larger hole you can use SPACERS under the speaker mounting screws to slightly RAISE the speaker flange off the surface..... a 1/8 in spacer might be all you need .....Mike :thumbup:

Bfromla
03-17-2024, 12:31 PM

Somebody somewhere did :dontknow: (yes, it is a Ryker & not an Rt, but it's still do-able!)

ARtraveler
03-18-2024, 12:32 PM

Somebody somewhere did :dontknow: (yes, it is a Ryker & not an Rt, but it's still do-able!)

Zowie !!! I don't want to be by this person at a stop sign. :roflblack:

Bfromla
03-25-2024, 06:40 PM
Additional alternative