PDA

View Full Version : RT Sales versus Service

michaels cycle
11-26-2009, 11:40 AM
With all the talk about taking the new RT for a test ride, and discussions on likes and dislikes, here's a question that begs to be answered,
when planning on investing in a new Spyder RT.

When considering a purchase on the new RT, what is more important to you from a BRP dealership, the sales of the RT,
(getting the lowest possible price), or getting fair and timely service for your $22.500 average purchase price??

To me..... both are a big issue on purchasing something so new.

Price: No way will dealerships sell at a discount on this new unit.

Service: What do we know about the guy behind closed doors wrenching on your $$$$$$ investment????

Your opinions Please.

SLO RYDER
11-26-2009, 12:48 PM
I would think service would be the top priority, at least to me anyway. The RT is a great machine that has been designed very well. I hope that BRP will push to make sure the customer is well taken care of and all issues addressed quickly. The RT customer will be a person who does not "tinker" or modify the Spyder as has been done by many owners on the original RS, but wants to ride and when service is needed will expect to be taken care of in a timely manner. They will not tolerate their machine being down due to parts issues or lack of expertise for a significant time. This machine I feel is directed toward a GoldWing rider who has been accustomed to Honda's extensive dealer network. I think in this area BRP has it's work cut out for it.

Mike

fastfraser
11-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Price for sure . You can always take it to another dealer for service.

NancysToy
11-26-2009, 07:22 PM
With all the talk about taking the new RT for a test ride, and discussions on likes and dislikes, here's a question that begs to be answered,
when planning on investing in a new Spyder RT.

When considering a purchase on the new RT, what is more important to you from a BRP dealership, the sales of the RT,
(getting the lowest possible price), or getting fair and timely service for your $22.500 average purchase price??

To me..... both are a big issue on purchasing something so new.

Price: No way will dealerships sell at a discount on this new unit.

Service: What do we know about the guy behind closed doors wrenching on your $$$$$$ investment????

Your opinions Please.
Both are important to me, too. Neither dictated where I bought, however. Of four dealers we went to when we bought Nancy's Spyder, ours was the most knowledgable, patient, and helpful. He also got us a Spyder much sooner than expected, snagging a cancelled order when he saw how serious Nancy was to own one. I did not hesitate to return. They were a first tier dealer (one of the first eight states to sell the Spyder). Their technician was factory trained, and is very skilled. He took a special training course to learn specifically about the RT recently. He assembled their demo, and is well informed about it.

As to price, I got a modest discount and some extras. Part of that may have been for being a return customer, but part was available to everyone. I have also seen RTs advertised on the Internet at discounted prices through reputable dealers. Not all dealers may offer discounts on a new introduction. Some may even try to get a premium price. Still a good deal at MSRP, IMO, but a discount will put a sure smile on your face. It did not influence my decision to buy an RT, but it did influence my decision to buy then and there.

Questions
11-26-2009, 11:47 PM
As a first time Spyder owner, and a person that has actually Paid for and received an RTS, I think from reading the many problems posted throughout the web I would first go for service.

Try if you can to select a BRP dealer that is important to BRP, which means sells alot of $$$$ of BRP products, this seems to be a way BRP will to pay a little more attention to your issues, let the dealer fight for you with BRP when you have a problem. JMO.

Also as a side note I paid less then MSRP, for the RTS I purchased on 11/12/09.

BeRight
11-30-2009, 12:17 AM
Buy at best price from whomever (dealer/previous owner). Service at dealer that has the best Spyder service reputation within 1.5 hr ride. I took this approach with my present Spyder and plan to do it again if and when I get an RT.:D More like when than if

Questions
11-30-2009, 12:25 AM
:agree: sounds like you have it figured out the best way.:thumbup: