PDA

View Full Version : Took a hit Sat. 11-21-09

Arch
11-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Well this was going to be the second year for the spyder to be in the parade, to carry a mascot for the Tomball Pet Resort. GlynnK was going to carry one of the other mascots on his spyder. Nasty weather had both mascots riding on the trailer to the parade area, thank God, as the one to ride with me was my granddaughter. On the way to the parade line up we had to travel the back way into Tomball, traveling about 15 mph. Made a left hand turn to get to the church for the parade and a guy running late for work decided to pass Glynn, the trailer and truck in a no pass zone and this is the result: http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll205/edarcher/Spyder%20Accident%2011-21-09/ (http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll205/edarcher/). Just now starting to get around, thankfully he did have insurance. Don’t know, but believe the bike to be totaled, frame badly bent, and the trailer was badly damaged also. Looks like we get to be spyderless for the next few months, but will be back on the road as soon as we can, looking forward to seeing y’all soon.

Ed & Diana

Ghost_Ryder
11-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Glad you are OK. I guess any accident you can walk away from is a good one. Also thankful that your granddaughter wasn' riding with you. Passengers don't always do well in a motorcycle accident.

Prayers go out for a speedy recovery and maybe a new RT:2thumbs:

ingramwc
11-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Glad you are OK. Too bad about your Spyder. I hope you recover and can fix or replace your Spyder without a lot of trouble.

Just a note: My daughter and family also live in Tomball.

Take care, ride safe!
Wes

M2Wild
11-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Glad no one got hurt. Looks like a RT is in your future. Get the old one back from insurance co. by paying them the slavage value and part it out (frame is bent so its pretty much totaled). You'll get more money out of it towards the new RT.

glynnk
12-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Arch--How you doing? I called you several days ago and left a message. Give us an update on how you're doing and what your plans are for the Spyder and trailer. I made a toy run this past Saturday and a Sunday food pantry contribution ride and they were both miserable! As you know, it was cold, foggy and rainy both days. Surely, we're gonna get some sun and warm weather soon.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but I ordered my RT-S from Wild West Honda in November after that 2nd demo ride. Supposedly, it'll be here later this month or early January....we'll see.

Let me hear from you. Regards to Diane (I know she's taking good care of you)

Glynn

Arch
12-16-2009, 10:20 PM
Glenn congrats on the RT. I'm healing, thankfully nothing broken except my toy. Spyder and trailer totaled. Waiting on insurance to adjust the amount and doctors say all is going good. So as of now I'm spyderless, which bites because I just got it like I liked it and they just got it back to running like it's old self. Don't know if the $$$ will work for an RT so I'm kind of in limbo right know. Worst case I'll find a used red one and put it back together. Best case I'll be able to figure out the finances for a RT. So looking forward to being back on the road as soon as possible, but in actuality it's probably going to be February or March, I'll keep you posted.

Ed