PDA

View Full Version : Where should I stick WA State's 'Good To Go!' pass?

rational
02-01-2024, 08:19 PM
Got a new 2023 RTL and trying to figure out where to stick the WA state Good to go! transponder pass. Instructions for motorcycles say to stick in center of headlight. That probably won't help because the Spyder's headlights are not visible from the top. Not clear if the transponder needs to be visible or if the system can sense an out of sight transponder.

If anyone in WA state is successfully using this pass, appreciate knowing where you stuck it. Perhaps at the bottom of the windshield or on the black frame between windshield and headlights/vent?

rational
02-01-2024, 08:26 PM
Called customer service and they said to place at the bottom of the windshield. I'll wait for someone to respond here and prefer that firsthand experience to a rep who doesn't know the Spyder

BoatFixx
02-01-2024, 09:32 PM
Bottom of windshield worked on my BMW r1150GS. I see no reason why it would not work on a Spyder.

Woodaddict
02-01-2024, 09:59 PM
Some riders have put them inside the frunk, velcro-ed or double face taped to the upper side of the lid inside.

oldguyinTX
02-02-2024, 05:45 AM
I put my TxTag transponder, which is a large rectangle, on a ram mount on the handlebars. Works fine, easily put on & taken off so sticky fingers can't abscond with it.

EDIT: If your tag is in fact a sticker, than obviously my method would not work for you.

RayBJ
02-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Can't speak for WA but NJ EZPass works well stuck to the underside of the Frunk lid. If WA is like NJ, your license plate is keyed to your pass so even if the sensor doesn't read the pass, they will charge it to the acct tied to your plate .