PDA

View Full Version : 2019 RT Handlebar grips getting too hot, is this normal?

Allen42
01-31-2024, 05:30 PM
I love the heated handlebar grips in my new (to me) 2019 RT LTD. But even on low, they get too hot, even through my gloves. I find myself turning them off until my hands get cold, then turning them back on again, rinse and repeat. Granted it's in the 40's and 50's, so not freezing, but is this normal?

K80Shooter
01-31-2024, 05:59 PM
I turn mine to low on my 2020 RT and find it to be perfect for me.

Can you tell if there is a difference in the heat between the high and low settings?

CopperSpyder
01-31-2024, 06:19 PM
I love the heated handlebar grips in my new (to me) 2019 RT LTD. But even on low, they get too hot, even through my gloves. I find myself turning them off until my hands get cold, then turning them back on again, rinse and repeat. Granted it's in the 40's and 50's, so not freezing, but is this normal?

Hello Allen42, welcome to the forum. you might want to try this "click: https://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamonster-leather-like-grips/ . They made my grips more comfortable, and you will get just a little less heat.

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-31-2024, 09:57 PM

No ..... most complaints about the heated grips are they don't get hot enough .... Get a pair of "grip puppies" or something similar .... Mike :thumbup:

Allen42
02-01-2024, 08:55 AM
I haven't even tried high yet.. will do.

Navydad
02-01-2024, 11:13 AM
Low setting on my 15 RT is just about right with gloves on. High gets too warm unless I have heavy gloves. The grips on my Suzuki get very warm on low and I switch them off intermittently. The factory grips on my Triumph are very adjustable and easy to get just right. I guess it depends on the machine and whatever company they outsource the grips from.

redrazor
02-01-2024, 02:51 PM

:agree: Same with the grips on our 2014 RTL. I have to turn them off of the Low setting after 10 to 15 minutes. Very Hot! :sour:

Cosmo
02-02-2024, 11:30 AM
I have foam grip covers on my RTL, and I find the low setting too warm unless I have heavy gloves on.

ulflyer
02-02-2024, 06:00 PM
I have foam grip covers on my RTL, and I find the low setting too warm unless I have heavy gloves on.

Mine too.

PJveetwin
02-04-2024, 09:25 AM
When it's so cold I'm turning on the grips, I will be wearing a deer skin gauntlet with Thinsulate. Low is just fine for me. So are the complaints with riders wearing a thin glove?