PDA

View Full Version : What is involved in removing console switch plug covers?

NEMO
12-13-2023, 05:52 PM
Attempting to remove plugs to install rocker switches. How do you remove the plugs? Do I need to remove some of the plastic?
Also, are there any after-market rocker switches that would be cheaper than the BRP originals?

Thanks,
David

Gwolf
12-13-2023, 07:56 PM
RT, I don't know, but most of the plugs that cover unused holes are the same. They got some little spring clips that hold them in. If you have some inspection covers on each side of the tank, maybe the cover over the dipstick, reach up under there and feel the under side. If it is just spring clips, press them together and the cover will pop right out. Might be able to see under there with a flashlight and an inspection mirror.

If you have a service manual, look in there. If you don't have one, there is most likely some videos on UTube that shows how to get to the back side, or maybe how to take the covers off. Look for a video on adding switches.

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-14-2023, 12:12 AM
Attempting to remove plugs to install rocker switches. How do you remove the plugs? Do I need to remove some of the plastic?
Also, are there any after-market rocker switches that would be cheaper than the BRP originals?

Thanks,
David

I have a 14 RT and they can be pried off ..... put some scotch tape around the cover before you pry it .... this will help to not mar the plastic ....Good luck ....Mike :thumbup:

tntnj
12-14-2023, 07:22 AM
On the RT 20-23 Just remove the Black cover on the right side and you can feel the tabs for the covers just press the tab and lift to remove them.

KX5062
12-14-2023, 09:25 AM
On the RT 20-23 Just remove the Black cover on the right side and you can feel the tabs for the covers just press the tab and lift to remove them.

What he said. I pulled the blank cover off of my 2020 RTL and replaced it with a USB charging port. :2thumbs: