PDA

View Full Version : What happened??

Way2Fast
11-23-2009, 03:38 PM
What happened to the thread started by Magic Man relating to the course BRP might take when current owners warranties expire? Right after someone complained that the thread was "negative" it disappeared altogether !!:gaah: I'm begining to think that BRP has hired "plants" to infilterate the forum and squash out peoples valid concerns and complaints !!

madjack
11-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Without a question, if someone that has the credibilty that Magic Man has on this forum, has a thread removed that brings to the forum, a very reasonable concern of many. To many, including many of us lurkers, this could become a bogus forum for ligitimate concerns an information. Just saying, Gene:dontknow:

Lamonster
11-23-2009, 04:59 PM
He removed his own post. You can ask him why. :dontknow:

Magic Man
11-23-2009, 05:33 PM

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a wonderful day in the neighborhood la la la la la la...... Elephant, what elephant? :shocked:
la la la la la la la.... won't you be my neighbor?

... and right after nap time everybody will get a gold star on their project no matter how bad it is. Remember boys and girls, in 2010 being PC is the way to be!

Now let's all sing together.....

I love you, you love me, we're a big happy family...... :thumbup:

MM

madjack
11-23-2009, 05:47 PM
"being PC is the way to be", is the sound of sheepeole getting in line

bjt
11-23-2009, 05:53 PM
So what happened to the thread after Debbie and I commented on it? I don't recall any radical PC posts up to that point.

Firefly
11-23-2009, 07:08 PM
So what happened to the thread after Debbie and I commented on it? I don't recall any radical PC posts up to that point.

Or any radical MAC posts for that matter.....:joke:

bjt
11-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Or any radical MAC posts for that matter.....:joke:

:) Hey buddy, what you been up to? You've been quiet on here the last few days.

Smylinacha
11-23-2009, 09:02 PM
"being PC is the way to be", is the sound of sheepeole getting in line

:agree: AND that is the first political thing I've agreed with all day - I said nothing political until just now. I swear on it!:gaah:

Way2Fast
11-23-2009, 09:13 PM
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a wonderful day in the neighborhood la la la la la la...... Elephant, what elephant? :shocked:
la la la la la la la.... won't you be my neighbor?

... and right after nap time everybody will get a gold star on their project no matter how bad it is. Remember boys and girls, in 2010 being PC is the way to be!

Now let's all sing together.....

I love you, you love me, we're a big happy family...... :thumbup:

MM

I thought MM would be one of the last people to be intimidated by the always sunny, never cloudy morons on this forum....those who don't see the glass as half empty or half full.....to them it's always full to the brim. If anyone should say otherwise they jump in and demand that people see things their way.:cus:

ataDude
11-23-2009, 09:19 PM
I thought MM would be one of the last people to be intimidated by the always sunny, never cloudy morons on this forum....those who don't see the glass as half empty or half full.....to them it's always full to the brim. If anyone should say otherwise they jump in and demand that people see things their way.:cus:

Dayum. What a way to make friends.

Smylinacha
11-23-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't think he's intimidated. I think sometimes we all get tired trying to prove our own points. Everyone has different opinions and it can get hard to express with such a diverse crowd of folks.

I'm not gonna say much more on the subject but basically some people, including myself, have experienced some stuff with our Spyders that are either a pain in the neck or down right scary. And when it happens, it is upsetting. But what is more upsetting is when we are told not to complain, whine, and if we bring up an issue, to state it positively. Sometimes that is hard to do - when we feel not so positive or very concerned about something. To me, there is an obvious problem here with a certain issue that many folks are having w/ their Spyder. It is an issue that is hard to discuss without having emotions. But from what I've learned on here - this is not the place to do so because it upsets a great many of you. I'm trying to say this in a "neutral" way but am having a hard time finding the words.:dontknow:

boborgera
11-23-2009, 10:51 PM
I don't think he's intimidated. I think sometimes we all get tired trying to prove our own points. Everyone has different opinions and it can get hard to express with such a diverse crowd of folks.

I'm not gonna say much more on the subject but basically some people, including myself, have experienced some stuff with our Spyders that are either a pain in the neck or down right scary. And when it happens, it is upsetting. But what is more upsetting is when we are told not to complain, whine, and if we bring up an issue, to state it positively. Sometimes that is hard to do - when we feel not so positive or very concerned about something. To me, there is an obvious problem here with a certain issue that many folks are having w/ their Spyder. It is an issue that is hard to discuss without having emotions. But from what I've learned on here - this is not the place to do so because it upsets a great many of you. I'm trying to say this in a "neutral" way but am having a hard time finding the words.:dontknow:

If anybody insults my beloved Spyder, I'm going to take my ball and go home.:joke:

musicarcade
11-23-2009, 11:10 PM
If anybody insults my beloved Spyder, I'm going to take my ball and go home.:joke:

WhatutalkinboutmySpyder?

boborgera
11-23-2009, 11:39 PM
WhatutalkinboutmySpyder?

You're good. :bowdown:

Firefly
11-24-2009, 12:09 AM
:) Hey buddy, what you been up to? You've been quiet on here the last few days.

Just been laying low--- in a bit of a funk. Nothing new front tires shouldn't cure....... and a nice riding day!

Not sure when the tires will be in --- hopefully yet this week.

Any progress on yours? I know your favorite riding season is coming up soon!

bjt
11-24-2009, 12:44 AM
Just been laying low--- in a bit of a funk. Nothing new front tires shouldn't cure....... and a nice riding day!

Not sure when the tires will be in --- hopefully yet this week.

Any progress on yours? I know your favorite riding season is coming up soon!

:D

Still waiting. I'm working up the gumption to call them again to see what's the status.

draboo
11-24-2009, 12:52 AM
No need to ask. I know the reason:
HE'S BACK ON HIS MEDS!!:congrats: :D

Magic Man
11-24-2009, 07:54 AM

Intimidated? Obviously you have not seen me in person. :shocked:

As I always say, I have been married 3 times and divorced twice. nothing scares me anymore. :roflblack:

Just sometimes it's not worth the fight to bother trying to save people from themselves.

I'm just not good at these "susposed back door dealings on things" and have always been upfront and speak the truth of what's on my mind.

Seems my honest way of telling the truth of what is on my mind, and asking the "hard questions" I know I am not alone in thinking is not the "all hugs and sunshine" people seem to only want to hear?

So, all together now..... :clap:

I love you, you love me, ask the hard questions of BRP...

Opps can't say that because it's negitive you see....

So it's I love you and you love me...... :D

MM

boborgera
11-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Intimidated? Obviously you have not seen me in person. :shocked:

As I always say, I have been married 3 times and divorced twice. nothing scares me anymore. :roflblack:

Just sometimes it's not worth the fight to bother trying to save people from themselves.

I'm just not good at these "susposed back door dealings on things" and have always been upfront and speak the truth of what's on my mind.

Seems my honest way of telling the truth of what is on my mind, and asking the "hard questions" I know I am not alone in thinking is not the "all hugs and sunshine" people seem to only want to hear?

So, all together now..... :clap:

MM

Married 3 times?= How's that saying go' Fool me once=:yikes:

3wheeldemon
11-24-2009, 09:33 AM
....So, all together now..... :clap:

MM

:ohyea::yes::ohyea::yes::ohyea::yes: KUMBAYA!!!!!!!

Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Kum bay ya, the Lord, kum bay ya;
Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.
Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.
Someone's laughing, Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's laughing, Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's laughing, Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.
Hear me crying, Lord, kum bay ya;
Hear me crying, Lord, kum bay ya;
Hear me crying, Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.
Someone's crying, Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's crying, Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's crying, Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.
Hear me singing, Lord, kum bay ya;
Hear me singing, Lord, kum bay ya;
Hear me singing, Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.
Someone's praying, Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's praying, Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's praying, Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.
Hear me praying, Lord, kum bay ya;
Hear me praying, Lord, kum bay ya;
Hear me praying, Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.
Someone's singing, Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's singing, Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's singing, Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Dwight
11-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks Magic Man! I appreciate you honesty. I have a new RT-S on order, so I'm all ears when anyone speaks about the Spyder. I also understand that sometimes truth has no effect on reason. Hang in there, I enjoy your posts!

Dwight

bun-1
11-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Remember boys and girls, in 2010 being PC is the way to be!

MM

Are you referring to the power commander??? If so is it early 2010??? ;):2excited:

Magic Man
11-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Are you referring to the power commander??? If so is it early 2010??? ;):2excited:

Speaking of "2010 PC" stuff.

I was sad to hear a Dear Friend of my passed away recently.....

Here is his Obiturary.......

An Obituary printed in the London Times....

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years.

No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: Knowing when to come in out of the rain; Why the early bird gets the worm; Life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place.

Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an Aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.

And there it is..... :yikes:

MM

docdoru
11-24-2009, 10:41 AM
R.I.P., CS. :pray:

WizardMaster
11-24-2009, 10:45 AM

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years.

No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: Knowing when to come in out of the rain; Why the early bird gets the worm; Life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place.

Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an Aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.

MM

Damn! Looks like I need to cancel my plans for the weekend. Definately need to go to this wake:pray::bdh::banghead::roflblack:.

Saluda
11-24-2009, 11:55 AM
M.M., you are definately not alone in the way you think. Give me honest and up front every time. Better to know and inform.
If I want a story I can go to my elected officials !

Smylinacha
11-24-2009, 12:06 PM
I'll Amen that one

MM

Way2Fast
11-24-2009, 12:10 PM
MM, you and I must have came out of the same mold. Too bad we seem to be a dying breed.

I will always speak my mind and since I believe what I say to be true, I will never retract a word of it no matter whos feathers might get ruffled by it.

wolfshead1
11-24-2009, 06:16 PM
MM is right on.My mom used to say that I would rather be right than president.In the scheme of things why stir up all that angst.If it's needed I'm sure he'll speak his mind.

wolfshead1

krb1945
11-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Common Sense Obituary circulating... I've seen it on the net in many places. I sincerely hope that it will eventually open some eyes and help those of us with common sense regain control of this great country so our children and grandchildren will lead free lives just like we have. It would be criminal for us to allow this great country to be taken over by MDs, mental deficients'.

Studybaker Bob
11-24-2009, 08:55 PM
I don't know what the initial comment was, but the "common sense guy" sounds like a righteous dude to me. Us old rebels need to stick together, we are not the minority, we are the silent majority, let's roll!

boborgera
11-24-2009, 09:02 PM
It was Walt Kelly's Pogo Who once said= We have met the enemy and they is us. True back then, and still true today,.

To use a little Brooklyn'ese, I'm a'scared.
P.C. Is sending us down a slippery slope that we mite not get back up.
Just tell it like it is and if somebody doesn't like it, As i said before= Let them take their ball and go home.:mad:

Smylinacha
11-24-2009, 09:08 PM
It was Walt Kelly's Pogo Who once said= We have met the enemy and they is us. True back then, and still true today,.

To use a little Brooklyn'ese, I'm a'scared.
P.C. Is sending us down a slippery slope that we mite not get back up.
Just tell it like it is and if somebody doesn't like it, As i said before= Let them take their ball and go home.:mad:

:agree::clap:

Roaddog2
11-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Damn! Looks like I need to cancel my plans for the weekend. Definately need to go to this wake:pray::bdh::banghead::roflblack:.There was no Wake just a small Service :2thumbs:

WizardMaster
11-25-2009, 08:08 AM
There was no Wake just a small Service :2thumbs:

Damn!!! You mean I missed it? Another party I wasn't invited to!:opps::roflblack:

Director
11-25-2009, 10:14 AM

MM

:agree: Brilliant! Sad, but brilliant, and very true.

Bruce

draboo
11-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Has anyone here actually READ of the court proceedings on the McDonalds coffee spill case?

Read about it here (http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm).

I had the same outlook as this "common sense" article. Thought she was just someone trying to money-up via M-ikky Dees.

I have since changed my mind. It saddens me so many people "assume" she was just a moneygrubber without even so much as an iota of investigation.

On a lighter note..

Bill Engvall has a good skit about warnings on labels dealing with "un-common sense"

In fact, I see a few posts on various internet forums that are either low or completely empty of the stuff!!

And a meager few senseless ramblings are posted by..ME!:yikes:(I know, it sound impossible, but true!):thumbup:

Spanky
11-25-2009, 12:00 PM
And a meager few senseless ramblings are posted by..ME!:yikes:(I know, it sound impossible, but true!):thumbup:

OK, talk about PC.

How about that avatar you got there? I didn't know you were a loud obnoxious Harley rider.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

That was the best SP ever. :2thumbs:

bjt
11-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Has anyone here actually READ of the court proceedings on the McDonalds coffee spill case?

Read about it here (http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm).

I had the same outlook as this "common sense" article. Thought she was just someone trying to money-up via M-ikky Dees.

I have since changed my mind. It saddens me so many people "assume" she was just a moneygrubber without even so much as an iota of investigation.

I'm one who is guilty of assuming what happened in the McDonald's case. Thanks for putting this out here and educating me on the facts.

Magic Man
11-25-2009, 02:30 PM
I still think it's a crock!

Anybody 79 years old who grew up with the BOIL THE WATER on top of the stove coffee pots like she did as a young person then tries to say I did not think it could be this hot is way out there.

Also sqeezing it with your knees! :gaah:

Come on! Tell me a 79 year old has this amount of control holding a cup of coffee between her knees as to not crush it flat the minute the top is taken off! As a designer I can tell you much of these cups strength comes from the top being in place. To remove the lid while between your knees is insane! Why was the cup maker not sued for making cups you can crush between your knees!

Also the reflex to grab it tighter with your knees if the cup moves is almost a 100% way to assure you will crush the cup flat as the lid came off.

Yes she did get hurt, and yes it was sad. But to say a beverage that has been made forever by pouring BOILING WATER over ground coffee beans was served too hot! COME ON!

185 degrees does seem hot, that is until you put in 35 degree milk, then it goes way down. So I don't know about all the black coffee drinkers out there, but I still like my coffee hot after I put in the cream. Starting with really hot coffee is the only way I end up with hot coffee after the cream is put in.

Oh wait! What was I thinking, it's PC time! Nobody is responsiable for their own lack of judgement even after living on this planet for 79 years! IT MUST BE SOMEBODY ELSE'S FAULT!

I love you, you love me.........

MM

draboo
11-25-2009, 03:00 PM
OK, talk about PC.

How about that avatar you got there? I didn't know you were a loud obnoxious Harley rider.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

That was the best SP ever. :2thumbs:

Wouldn't even think of owning one after seeing that SP.:D

BROOMBROOMblablaBROOM!! :D

I made that sound while on the Spyder and someone called me a FAG! LOL

draboo
11-25-2009, 03:02 PM

Anybody 79 years old who grew up with the BOIL THE WATER on top of the stove coffee pots like she did as a young person then tries to say I did not think it could be this hot is way out there.

Come on! Tell me a 79 year old has this amount of control holding a cup of coffee between her knees as to not crush it flat the minute the top is taken off! As a designer I can tell you much of these cups strength comes from the top being in place. To remove the lid while between your knees is insane! Why was the cup maker not sued for making cups you can crush between your knees!

Also the reflex to grab it tighter with your knees if the cup moves is almost a 100% way to assure you will crush the cup flat as the lid came off.

Yes she did get hurt, and yes it was sad. But to say a beverage that has been made forever by pouring BOILING WATER over ground coffee beans was served too hot! COME ON!

185 degrees does seem hot, that is until you put in 35 degree milk, then it goes way down. So I don't know about all the black coffee drinkers out there, but I still like my coffee hot after I put in the cream. Starting with really hot coffee is the only way I end up with hot coffee after the cream is put in.

Oh wait! What was I thinking, it's PC time! Nobody is responsiable for their own lack of judgement even after living on this planet for 79 years! IT MUST BE SOMEBODY ELSE'S FAULT!

MM

I ll have to edit my previous post..you DO need meds!!

boborgera
11-25-2009, 03:37 PM

MM

Body heat= Raised the temp.:clap:

Smylinacha
11-25-2009, 05:22 PM

MM

:agree: with MM. Lack of own judgment bottom line, unless she was suffering from dimentia then she knew it was gonna be hot. I'm 45 yrs old and I would have thought twice to put a HOT beverage between my knees! Jeez! Why do you think our health care is out of control? From people like this - people who sue for tons of money, people who get hurt from STUPID decisions. Plus everyone is lawsuit happy in my book. Plenty of stupidity in this world - MORE THAN WE NEED.

dltang
11-25-2009, 07:20 PM

MM

You know Evan, I might agree with except for this part of the document:

"During discovery, McDonalds produced documents showing more than 700
claims by people burned by its coffee between 1982 and 1992. Some claims
involved third-degree burns substantially similar to Liebecks. This
history documented McDonalds' knowledge about the extent and nature of
this hazard."

And this:

"Further, McDonalds' quality assurance manager testified that the company
actively enforces a requirement that coffee be held in the pot at 185
degrees, plus or minus five degrees. He also testified that a burn
hazard exists with any food substance served at 140 degrees or above,
and that McDonalds coffee, at the temperature at which it was poured
into styrofoam cups, was not fit for consumption because it would burn
the mouth and throat."

To me, regardless of what stupid thing this lady may or may not have done, McDonalds was knowingly negligent. And that is the main issue here.

bjt
11-25-2009, 07:57 PM

this hazard."

And this:

the mouth and throat."

To me, regardless of what stupid thing this lady may or may not have done, McDonalds was knowingly negligent. And that is the main issue here.

Besides the fact that she initially wanted to settle for $20,000 and they turned her down...

One reason for the high temp was so that the coffee would still be hot by the time the customer got to the workplace but McD's research showed that most people wanted to drink their coffee immediately...

:dontknow:

And the $2 million + figure that is commonly thrown around while reporting this in the "ridiculous lawsuits" talk will never be paid as they settled for a lesser amount...

dltang
11-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Hot coffee is SUPPOSED to be hot. Not warm. The woman knowingly purchased hot coffee and then proceeded to do something stupid.

STUPIDITY SHOULD BE PAINFUL
(not rewarded)

The pain should remind one not to repeat the same mistakes....

The negligent ones are the jurists that made a monetary award to a stupid person, rewarding her for her lack of self preservation, and consequently allowing every other idiot in this country to blame someone else for their own stupidity.....

Sorry to disagree Lou, but when you have over 700 complaints and your own quality assurance manager states "that a burn
hazard exists with any food substance served at 140 degrees or above," You can have HOT coffee without it being dangerous. Their coffee was being served between 30-40 degrees over known hazard temps. If this had been a one time occurrence, then maybe, but 700 complaints is a lot. Also as bjt stated this lady was willing to settle for $20,000 to cover medical expenses which as you can see were extensive. I have seen third degree full thickness burns and people can go into shock and die from these burns. This lady didn't just have a little ouch.

Smylinacha
11-25-2009, 08:22 PM
All I know is I am so glad I haven't drank any Koolaid.

I don't believe anything anyone has to dole out about nothin in this country - it is totally OUT OF CONTROL

bjt
11-25-2009, 08:37 PM
In that lawsuit article, substitute BRP for McDonalds, substitute known steering issues with known scalding temps of coffee, and substitute yourself or a loved one for the old lady and then decide how frivolous the lawsuit was. You can't rail on BRP on one hand and give McD's a free pass on the other.

dltang
11-25-2009, 08:57 PM
At the time of the lawsuit, MD's sold about 1 BILLION cups of coffee annually. With 700 complaints in the previous 10 years. 700 out of 10 BILLION is not 'a lot'......Many of us preferred MD's coffee (before S'Bucks was nationwide) because it was hotter than the others.....I'm not arguing the severity of her injuries, only who's responsibility they ultimately are. If I put my hand on a hot stove, is it GE's fault??? I don't think so, I would have only myself to blame..... A hot cup of coffee is ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENT....

Selling a hot cup of coffee that is actually hot is not negligence........Lawsuits should be based on merit, as opposed to compassion.....

It's not a matter of compassion. You have a company that knowingly bucked the standard food service safety temps. "Other establishments sell
coffee at substantially lower temperatures, and coffee served at home is
generally 135 to 140 degrees."

bjt
11-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Seems like a lot of substitution to be remotely similar.....
And I DID, and still would, call BRP out for some of their shenanigans.....I DIDN'T however, file any frivolous lawsuits against them.......It's not the same....

Well if McDonalds starts making a reverse trike with DPS, we could elminate some of the substitutions. :D

BajaRon
11-25-2009, 09:04 PM
We should remember what Forrest Gump's mother always told him....

Magic Man
11-25-2009, 09:38 PM

this hazard."

And this:

the mouth and throat."

No way! You make coffee by pouring BOILING WATER OVER COFFEE BEANS it will be very hot.

Because out of the MILLIONS OF CUPS OF COFFEE McDonalds serves each and every day there were 700 IDIOTS OUT THERE over all the years is no surprise.

All I can say is with anything given millions and millions of people one thing is for sure.....

You will be able to find 700 idiots no problem.

Whats next?

I burned my mouth because the cheese on my pizza that's cooked in a 450 degree oven was too hot too.

These people were, and are idiots!

Its time to thin the heard!

At least in nature the stupid animals get eaten so they don't live long enough to reproduce. Nature's not mean or evil, it's just the way God made it all work out. Too bad it's not the same here.

MM

Smylinacha
11-25-2009, 10:15 PM
In that lawsuit article, substitute BRP for McDonalds, substitute known steering issues with known scalding temps of coffee, and substitute yourself or a loved one for the old lady and then decide how frivolous the lawsuit was. You can't rail on BRP on one hand and give McD's a free pass on the other.

Sorry but I disagree. When you buy coffee, you know you are buying a hot beverage. When you buy a Spyder, you know you are buying a machine which could be dangerous. just like any other bike or automobile depending how it's ridden/driven. But steering is different - you buy a spyder knowing it's gotta steer and not go out of control for no reason. You buy coffee, knowing it is hot and you have control about how you handle the beverage - like being in a car with the cup between your knees is just asking for trouble. It's totally different than substituting BRP.

bjt
11-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Sorry but I disagree. When you buy coffee, you know you are buying a hot beverage. When you buy a Spyder, you know you are buying a machine which could be dangerous. just like any other bike or automobile depending how it's ridden/driven. But steering is different - you buy a spyder knowing it's gotta steer and not go out of control for no reason. You buy coffee, knowing it is hot and you have control about how you handle the beverage - like being in a car with the cup between your knees is just asking for trouble. It's totally different than substituting BRP.

True but getting a sore lap and a little redness is different than getting third degree burns requiring skin grafts.

I'll quit now as I told Deb I'd quit dragging this thread on... :D

Smylinacha
11-26-2009, 09:37 AM
True but getting a sore lap and a little redness is different than getting third degree burns requiring skin grafts.

I'll quit now as I told Deb I'd quit dragging this thread on... :D

Nah, don't quit! It's actually pretty cool to see all the different opinions people have on stuff. We should get a "debate" folder with a differet topic of the week that we could talk about!:thumbup:

Many times I've burnt my mouth on Starbucks coffee - where I've gotten a blister. I can't even carry a cup outta the store unless I have one of those cardboard thingies wrapped around it. But I didn't sue them. I feel bad for the old lady but it really lacks common sense putting something between your knees that you know is hot and could possibly spill on you. I've only had Mickey D's coffee a couple of times but I'll tell you - that Starbucks is HOT!

bjt
11-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Nah, don't quit! It's actually pretty cool to see all the different opinions people have on stuff. We should get a "debate" folder with a differet topic of the week that we could talk about!:thumbup:

Many times I've burnt my mouth on Starbucks coffee - where I've gotten a blister. I can't even carry a cup outta the store unless I have one of those cardboard thingies wrapped around it. But I didn't sue them. I feel bad for the old lady but it really lacks common sense putting something between your knees that you know is hot and could possibly spill on you. I've only had Mickey D's coffee a couple of times but I'll tell you - that Starbucks is HOT!

Problem is, debating can turn into name calling / bashing / hurt feelings. That's why most forums ban political posts. It quickly turns from debates to flaming.

Still going to let this one lie for the time being. :D