PDA

View Full Version : [SOLD] Looking for a F3S

poprivit
11-10-2023, 12:20 PM
Well, I finally gave up on two wheels after riding since 1966. Both knees and one shoulder replaced. Now, I'm looking for a F3S. I've got $10k in cash. What do you think my chances are of finding a good trike?
I'm in Nevada, but would travel to buy the Can Am.

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-10-2023, 01:48 PM
Well, I finally gave up on two wheels after riding since 1966. Both knees and one shoulder replaced. Now, I'm looking for a F3S. I've got $10k in cash. What do you think my chances are of finding a good trike?

Look at IMotorsports ( a sponsor here on Home page ) .... they usually have very good prices and will ship to you for FREE .... quite a few folks have bought from them .... Mike :thumbup:

chipveres
11-10-2023, 01:51 PM
Should be possible. Try an advanced search on Cycle Trader with Make = CanAm, Model = Spyder, and Price = 10001 or less. See what's in there that suits you. Remember that a dealer is going to want tax, tag, title, and other screw jobs.

Peter Aawen
11-10-2023, 02:44 PM
Should be possible. Try an advanced search on Cycle Trader with Make = CanAm, Model = Spyder, and Price = 10001 or less. See what's in there that suits you. Remember that a dealer is going to want tax, tag, title, and other screw jobs.

:agree:

Plus maybe post up a WTB: (Want to Buy) Ad/thread in the For Sale by Owner sub-Forum here, but please read the '**** READ FIRST! How to Use.... ****' Sticky at the top of that section & follow the directions in it to keep your Ad live & close it off once you've got something, even if you don't get it thru that Ad! :rolleyes:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?146354-****-READ-FIRST!-How-to-Use-the-For-Sale-by-Owner-sub-forum-****

troop
11-11-2023, 10:10 AM
Here in WI, my 2019 black F3S is now in storage, but it will be for sale come spring. Not for $10K, but close. I'm thinking $11.5K cash will take it. 18K miles with 14K miles coming from extended trips. Many extras including: two up rear shock/Madstad windshield/LED lights/several TricLED lighting/Chopped rear fend (OEM included)/heated grips/Seth Laam seat/auto tires and other stuff. Fly and ride :) Don't have a current side photo, but will put one up showing chopped fender.

poprivit
11-11-2023, 12:47 PM
troop -
Only problem is that you are 1700 miles from me. Looks to be a 24-hour ride - 6 hour flight to get from you to Las Vegas.

Peter Aawen
11-11-2023, 01:45 PM
troop -
Only problem is that you are 1700 miles from me. Looks to be a 24-hour ride - 6 hour flight to get from you to Las Vegas.

What a great excuse for a 'fly/drive road trip', AND a 'getting to know Spyders/shake-down cruise' all in one! :ohyea:

As one famous Ozzie Newcastle Lad often says: "Don't you ever let a chance go by, Oh Lord! Don't you ever let a chance go by!" :lecturef_smilie:

Isopedella
11-11-2023, 02:28 PM
Yup like young Norm. I took a flight to pick up my F3, and it took 3 days, 2 motels and a Ferry trip to get home.
What an inconvenience. :roflblack:

I took the, well only slightly longer way home as I had to fill in a day to get onboard for the boat-trip.
It was awesome. Oh Yeah.

al0vely
11-25-2023, 09:41 AM
For that price you might have to travel a little … but it should be worth it. I think I have seen something like that in FB and will post a link here if I see it again.

poprivit
11-25-2023, 12:19 PM
Found a 2015 F3S.
Thanks all for the help and advice!

Motorcycledave
11-25-2023, 12:46 PM

You will most likely have to come up with more cash...
I looked for 2 years and finally got a super nice F3S for 14K

blacklightning
11-25-2023, 06:28 PM
There is a 2017 F3S in my home town with under 3k miles for just under $10k.