PDA

View Full Version : Extended Warranty

michaels cycle
11-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Sorry if this was covered in the past, but with all the expensive parts and service that comes with the RT's, is there a extended warranty offered for the RT from BRP, and what is a fair price and for how long??

glynnk
11-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Sorry if this was covered in the past, but with all the expensive parts and service that comes with the RT's, is there a extended warranty offered for the RT from BRP, and what is a fair price and for how long??
Yes, I think it's Best and my dealer quoted a price for a 3 year extended warranty of around $750. Apparently, Best doesn't offer a 4 year warranty. I intend to purchase the Best policy when I take delivery of my RT-S.

Glynnk

bjt
11-22-2009, 08:00 AM
If it's like the original Spyder and the BRP Best warranty, it's up to 3 years additional coverage on top of the standard 2 year warranty. That gives you 5 years of BRP warranty coverage. Pricing as been reported at $1300 or less depending on your negotiating skill and the dealership's willing to deal. There are always the aftermarket warranties also.

BumbleBee
11-22-2009, 08:06 AM
If it's like the original Spyder and the BRP Best warranty, it's up to 3 years additional coverage on top of the standard 2 year warranty. That gives you 5 years of BRP warranty coverage. Pricing as been reported at $1300 or less depending on your negotiating skill and the dealership's willing to deal. There are always the aftermarket warranties also.

Our Dealer only offers us the aftermarket warranties.
No BRP BEST warranty :dontknow:

bjt
11-22-2009, 08:15 AM

People have bought the BRP Best warranty at a different dealership (some across the country from their local dealer), sometimes online or over the phone. That's an option if you had a reason you wanted the BRP warranty over what your dealer is selling.

BumbleBee
11-22-2009, 08:54 AM
People have bought the BRP Best warranty at a different dealership (some across the country from their local dealer), sometimes online or over the phone. That's an option if you had a reason you wanted the BRP warranty over what your dealer is selling.

Is it safe and legit to buy the BEST online?
I will be checking into my other options also, Thanks :2thumbs:

bjt
11-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Is it safe and legit to buy the BEST online?
I will be checking into my other options also, Thanks :2thumbs:

:dontknow: But I know that there have been a few people on here that have done it. I'll see if I search for one of the threads where they talked about it.

EDIT: I'll try to remember to look later or maybe you or someone else can find the thread(s). I didn't realize it was time for us to go to church this morning. :clap: :bowdown: :pray: :ohyea: :thumbup:

SpyderWolf
11-22-2009, 01:27 PM
I have also seen BEST warranties offered for sale on EBay and they are supposed to be legit. There was also a thread on here at one time where a member was trying to work out a deal with a dealership to get a huge discount on the BEST warranty. You may want to try searching on here for that thread.

The main point is it shouldn't matter where you buy it from.

Dragracer
11-23-2009, 07:42 AM
He can sell it. He just makes more on the aftermarket warranties. Tell him you will buy only the BEST warranty, If he still won't sell it to you, contact another dealer!